Fan Fic / Taken Day By Day
A Mahou Sensei Negima!
fanfic written by Immi
. Following an AU conclusion to the Magical World arc, a depowered Tsukuyomi is sentenced to a forced extended stay at Mahora. Setsuna's not exactly thrilled about this development... especially since she'll be playing jailer. Which involves rooming with Tsukuyomi. Uh-oh. Can be found here.
The prequel, which should be read first, can be found here.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Addiction Displacement: Tsukuyomi was (and still is) addicted to making things bleed. After being placed in a situation where she can't even harm herself for an extended period of time, she becomes addicted to physical contact with Setsuna as a replacement. Much to Setsuna's chagrin.
- Almost Kiss: KonoSetsu just can't catch a break in this fic.
- Alternate Universe: Explicitly stated in the summary.
- Bad Dreams: Tsukuyomi initially appears to have this, indicated by increasingly severe shivering while she's sleeping. However, it turns out that she's actually freezing to death due to the seal on her powers, but suppresses the shivering while awake.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mana, most of the time.
- De-Power: Tsukuyomi has her ki and magic sealed away, her weapons confiscated, is placed under near constant guard, and is not allowed to have anything that could potentially be used as a weapon.
- Forceful Kiss: Tsukuyomi with Setsuna
- I'm Cold... So Cold...: Tsukuyomi's power seal has the side effect of rendering her unable to warm herself.
- Important Haircut: Not so much the haircut itself, but the one giving it.
- Love Confession: Tsukuyomi to Setsuna.
- Love Epiphany
- Love Triangle: Initially a Type IV; becoming a Type VII.
- Moment Killer: Tsukuyomi does this to Kono/Setsu scenes. Sometimes intentionally. Also, 3-A in general.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Konoka might be in trouble if Tsukuyomi is ever freed.
- Nailed To The Wagon: Tsukuyomi has her powers sealed away, is put under constant guard, and isn't allowed to have anything that could be used as a weapon (to the point that she isn't allowed to have writing utensils anymore). She starts to go through bloodshed withdrawal.
- Off the Wagon: Tsukuyomi manages to get ahold of a broken pencil, which she then thoroughly perforates herself with to relieve her need to shed blood.
- Power of Love: Tsukuyomi is slowly changing because of this, though not by much.
- Self-Made Orphan: Tsukuyomi.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Setsuna can't seem to convince 3-A that she and Tsukuyomi are not in a relationship.
- Ship Tease: Teases both the KonoSetsu camp and the SetsuYomi camp.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Played with, in that the jailer gains a disturbing understanding of the prisoner...
- That Didn't Happen: After Tsukuyomi kisses Setsuna, Setsuna insists that Tsukuyomi surprised her and she froze. Tsukuyomi is certain she started to return it.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Tsukuyomi suffers from some of this when she realizes she has feelings for Setsuna that don't fall in either "lust" or "Wish to dismember and watch the pretty blood fly all over the place". Surprisingly for a psycho like her, it doesn't last all that long.
- Yandere: The only reason Konoka isn't dead is because Tsukuyomi is currently being watched constantly, not allowed to have weapons, and has her ki and magic sealed away.