Fan Fic: Sweet Reverie Pretty Cure
Sweet Reverie Pretty Cure is an upcoming Pretty Cure fanseries by Caits Meow. It features a dream, fairytale, and mythological creatures motif.Three junior high students at Sacred Heart Private Academy - Piper, Tierra, and Maris - are serving detention under the strict Professor Morgenstern, they witness strange creatures rampaging across their campus and a young girl from the Reverie Kingdom, Flora, trying to rein them in. The trio somehow manages to calm three of the creatures, forming a contract with them and becoming Pretty Cure. And then the person responsible for the creatures' rampage reveals herself - Princess Vide, a mysterious young woman who wishes to plunge the world into eternal dreams. And then two of the Cures' classmates, Estelle and Phillip, leave Sacred Heart to become Vide's Dream Knights, joining Flora's childhood friend Johan.Vide seeks the power of the Reverie Kingdom's Infini Scepter, a device that allow her to accomplish her goal. It's up to Pretty Cure, whose ranks are completed with the addition of Maris' butler Ennis and Flora herself, to re-power the ruined Scepter and defeat Vide. And on top of that, they'll have to reach the hearts of their wayward friends.
This fanfic features examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Numerous characters fall under this, including some of the Cures.
- Badass Cape: Pretty Cure's outfits all sport this.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Maris' henchwenches, Marion, Mina, and Pleasance.
- Bond Creatures: The Legend Spirits are this.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "[Cure name] Soul, set up!" individually, "Pretty Cure Soul, set up!" as a group.
- Chromatic Arrangement: The initial trio pulls the additive primary colors version.
- Dark Magical Girl: Estelle and later, Mina. Johan and Phillip are Dark Magical Boys. Adela, who shows up much later, is a reformed DMG who still isn't completely over her experiences.
- Elemental Powers: On both sides. The heroes have fire, earth, water, metal, and wood, while the villains have lightning, ice, wind, light, and later, darkness.
- Elevator School: Sacred Heart Private Academy, which teaches kindergarten through high school.
- Face-Heel Turn: Johan, Estelle, and Phillip pull one towards the beginning of the series. Mina eventually ends turning heel mid-series after falling into despair thanks to family issues and Pleasance's machinations. Of course, Pretty Cure tries their best to return all of them to the side of good.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Piper doesn't get along particularly well with either Maris or Ennis until she has to team up with the latter to save the former early on.
- Five-Man Band:
- Girl Posse: Sherry's followers, Marion and Mina, with Pleasance joining their ranks early on. All of them get more focus and development than most characters of this type, particularly Mina.
- Magic Knight: The members of Pretty Cure are explicitly described as this.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: Reverie Mode. When it first shows up, it's more of a Deadly Upgrade that ends up doing more harm than good, and it takes a couple episodes before it can be used properly.
- Monster of the Week: Cauchmor.
- More Than Mind Control: While the Dream Knights did undergo some degree of brainwashing upon joining, Melody also points out that they wanted to serve Vida and that they could leave at any time, if they so desired. To her surprise, this doesn't deter Pretty Cure from trying to save them in the slightest.
- Animal Motifs: A few characters have these. For example, Piper and Ennis are associated with dogs and cats, respectively, especially when they're set against each other, Flora has a rabbit motif, and Cygnus (appropriately) has a swan motif.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: All of the villains are based off the stories of Hans Christian Andersen in some way, while most of the Cauchmor that show up are related to various fairy tales.
- Mythical Motifs: All of the Legend Spirits are modeled after various mythical creatures; naturally, Pretty Cure shares this motif.
- Parental Abandonment: Everyone in Pretty Cure has parents that are either absent or deceased (Tierra's parents, Piper's father), there but emotionally absent (Maris' parents, Piper's mother), or parents that would be with them but currently can't (Flora's parents, who are trapped in crystal). And then there's Ennis, who can't even remember her family and is considered to be just another servant by the people who did take her in.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Piper and Estelle, although it's (assumed to be) one-sided on Piper's part. Maris and Ennis also have feelings for one another but hesitate to act on them for a variety of reasons. Pleasance is a very, very destructive version of this character type when it comes to Mina.
- Transformation Trinket: RÍve Changer
- Victim of the Week