Fan Fic: Stallionsof Harmony Verse
You are entering a different world. One with more testosterone, badassery and spice, but just as many feels. Welcome, to...The Stallionverse
In this world, anything can happen and bonds of friendship can strike the most unlikely individuals.Come in and learn about the adventures and lives of Prince Blueblood, Shining Armor, Soarin, Thunderlane, Big Macintosh and Doctor as the Elements of Harmony.A world full of relationships, growth, life discoveries, awkwardness, manliness and a healthy dose of bromance.Friendship is weird, indeed.
Stallions of Harmony is a series of fanfics written by Jetto based in an Alternate Universe
of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
. It re-imagines the pilot where Blueblood and Shining Armor were both sent to Ponyville instead of Twilight for the Summer Sun Celebration. They are joined on their adventure by Thunderlane, Big Mac, Soarin, and The Doctor.
Has it's own (rather empty so far) group
and opened its doors to guest writers, thus making it a Shared Universe
The stories in Stallions of Harmony verse are:
- Longest Night: Cynical noble who hates everything. Royal guard with big potential and a lot to learn.Big,simple farmer with heart of gold. Crazy self proclaimed time traveler. Hotblooded, always second weather manager. Expert lover and clumsy celebrity flier. These six stallions will have to band together and discover true power of Elements of Harmony and Friendship to save Equestria from everlasting night. It is presently completed.
- Saying Sorry Is Easy After discovering power of friendship and saving Equestria from everlasting night, Prince Blueblood, the bearer of Element of Magic, became a new stallion. But before he can truly become Ponyville's newest resident, he has to do something he rarely did before: Apologize. It can't be that hard... right?
- Ex-Wonderbolts New Job Before, Soarin was an awful excuse for a Wonderbolt, constantly slaved around by his best friend and doubted by everypony. Now, his life is finally awesome. Quiet, friendly town, great friends, coolest roommates he can hope for, rent to pay and no job, no paycheck, no bits... okay, so nopony's perfect. But that's not a problem for a capable, young playcolt in a small, rural town. All he needs to do, is to find a job. How hard can it be?
- Thunder & Lightning Life wasn't easy for Thunderlane. Since losing his parents, his life was reduced to work, caring for his little brother, work, dealing with Rainbow Dash, work, his questionable relationship with Blossomforth, work and even more Rainbow Dash. Not even Nightmare Moon's Everlasting Night changed that. Just when it seemed like it won't end, his life was hit by a certain Lightning...
Tropes In Longest Night are:
- A Father to His Men: Blitz Shield, Captain of the Royal Guard. Especially towards Shining Armor, who he sees as his eventual successor.
- Adaptational Heroism: Sunset Shimmer is Twlight's friend and academic rival with a notorious repuation instead of Princess Celestia's evil former student. She also tries along with Twilight and Moondancer to sneak out of Canterlot to save Shining.
- A Day in the Limelight: One chapter is called "Interesting day of Princess Celestia". Three guesses whose perspective it is.
- Ascended Extra: Shining Armor, Prince Blueblood, Thunderlane, Doctor Hooves, and Soarin.
- Moondancer, who was briefly mentioned in the pilot, becomes Twilight's official friend.
- Anything That Moves: Soarin and Moondancer. Moondancer much more so.
- Barrier Warrior: Shining Armor, obviously.
- Bad Boss: Rainbow Dash's treatment of Thunderlane goes beyond criminal.
- Berserk Button: Shining Armor is among the gentlest and kindest ponies there are... until you say something bad about Twilight. Crystal Hammer found out the hard way.
- The Chew Toy: Thunderlane, until his focus story.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Soarin. His entire life is centered around bringing happiness to mares. He's very careful about never crossing the line.
- Clueless Mare Magnet: Shining Armor, who thinks that the mares that were coming on to him were playing pranks.
- Companion Cube: Lyra gets one in form of a pet rock. She named him Darwin.
- Cuteness Overload: Applebloom has it. It was the reason why Blueblood had to stay for brunch.
- Dinky Doo and Rumble are not far behind in that department.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Blueblood lost his parents in a mine collapse when he was a colt. Later, as a teenager, his best friend used him to loot some prized artifacts from Canterlot Castle. Needless to say, Blueblood did not hold a strong view of friendship.
- Darker and Edgier: In addition to Nightmare Moon being a much more credible threat than her canon self, the slice-of-life stories often deal with more mature subject matter.
- Demoted to Extra: Naturally, since this is a story about a different Mane6, the canon Elements of Harmony have been shifted to supporting cast, with only minimal bearing on the plot. Especially Rarity, who has only one line of dialogue, and Spike, who was only mentioned as being friends with Twilight, but never appeared.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Blueblood did (verbally) this to Nightmare Moon when she was trying to corrupt him.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Shining Armor become suspended for sheer implication that he would do that to Celestia (if needed). Later, it was Blueblood who punched Nightmare Moon. It wasn't very effective, though worth noting, that after a long battle, he was the only one who even managed to touch her directly (others either missed or were stopped by shields).
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Shining Armor towards Blueblood during their morning excercises.
- Even The Stallions Want Him: Shining Armor's former's roommate, an openly gay stallion, is asked if Shining's gay. His response. "I wish."
- Twilight remembers Shining talking about how the guys sent him fake love letters. But considering Shining Armor's ignorance of love, most were probably sincere and not just from mares...
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Doctor.
- Family Theme Naming: Bluebloods always name their offspring after titles (Prince, Duke, Tzar etc.). The only forbidden name is King.
- Six-Stallion Band:
- The Leader: Shining Armor. Quick-witted, takes charge, and has a very charismatic and friendly attitude.
- The Lancer: Thunderlane. A cynical and rude Foil for the more idealistic and friendly Shining.
- The Smart Colt: Doctor Whooves. The oldest and wisest of the Element Bearers.
- The Big Colt: Big Macntosh. The physically strongest of the group.
- The Heart: Soarin. The goofy, fun-loving playboy that's always able to keep the gang from killing each other.
- TheSixthElement: Prince Blueblood. Could double as a second Lancer for Shining. The last of the six to receive his element as well as even go into the Everfree.
- For Want of a Nail: Blueblood and Shining Armor are both sent to Ponyville instead of Twilight. Also, Shining Armor hasn't met Cadance, since he is too involved in his job to date.
- Gay Best Friend: Silver Sword becomes one to Moondancer, much to her joy.
- And as of Ex-Wonderbolt's New Job, Cloud Chaser becomes one for Soarin.
- Genki Girl: As in canon, Pinkie Pie, Cloud Kicker is one for Weather Patrol and Soarin is a male version of this, especially among his Stallion6.
- Gentle Giant: Big Macintosh has the strength to pin an angry manticore, but is merciful enough to let it live. He gets the Element of Kindness.
- Groin Attack: Shining Armor gets one from Rainbow Dash, after he tackles her into bushes to hide her from an angry Blueblood.
- His Name Really Is Barkeep: Prince Blueblood real name is Prince. See Family Theme Naming above.
- Hot Librarian: Spitfire in her civilian getup, complete with Sexy Spectacles.
- Idiot Hero: Shining Armor, whose dedication causes him the arrest the wrong people.
- Married to the Job: Shining Armor. Twilight points out that being fired would be like a divorce.
- Mistaken for Gay: Stephen Magnet. Blueblood to a lesser degree.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Gender and age inverted. Twilight does not appreciate Moondancer fantasizing about and ogling her older brother Shining Armor.
- Oblivious to Love: Shining Armor doesn't register three mares (and one gay stallion) that are after him.
- Spitfire also never caught on that Soarin has been harboring a major crush on her for years and treats him like a brother instead.
- Pony-Eating Plant : After the Stallion Six, minus Blueblood are blown off a cliff by Nightmare Moon, they encounter a "carnivorous cabbage" that traps and tries to eat them. Shining Armor defeats it, by letting himself get eaten, and then activating his shield inside of the cabbage, causing it to explode.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Soarin and Spitfire change their hairstyles and wear glasses in order to avoid being recognized as Wonderbolts. And it works.
- Prince Charmless: Blueblood as in canon. He slowly grows out of it over the course of the story.
- Really Gets Around: Soarin.
- Say My Name: Until the epilogue, Shining Armor and Prince Blueblood never even once referred to each other by their names. Since then they went into First Name Basis.
- All Pinkie Pie wants from Blueblood, is him calling her by her name. He never does.
- Sealed Good in a Can: Blueblood deduces that Princess Celestia is this, and that Nightmare Moon is invoking this along with Forced to Watch, because Nightmare Moon can only break Princess Celestia by turning Blueblood to the dark side.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Spitfire in her civilian getup.
- Shrinking Violet: Lily.
- Taken for Granite: In her initial appearance in Ponyville, Nightmare Moon turns several Royal Guards, Spitfire, and Blossomworth into statues.
- Tears of Joy: Blueblood sheds them when he sees the rest of the Stallion Six still alive, and later when he's reunited with Princess Celestia.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Twice: First was when Doctor talked to the ghost that tried to possess his friends, the second was Blueblood taunting Nightmare Moon when she tried to break him.
ďAnd now you're jealous, because there is a little, puny pony before you, who despite all he's been through, still has more courage to carry on then you ever did!
- Teleporters and Transporters: One of the most difficult spells known to unicorns. Also Blueblood's only useful spell.
- Teleportation Sickness: Big Macintosh is very susceptible to this.
- Tsundere: Rainbow Dash towards Shining Armor.
- Token Evil Teammate: Sunset Shimmer is one for Twilight Sparkle and Moondancer. Or at least, that's what she and others believe.
- Unwanted Harem: Shining Armor has an Unnoticed Harem consisting of (so far): Moondancer, Lily, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. And yes, Cadance will be joining them soon enough.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Soarin can easily seduce any mare, unless they are in true love with someone (and even then sometimes), or if they're ginger.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Twilight and Sunset Shimmer, who are undoubtedly friends, but they are also academic rivals who constantly get into intense debates over science, and Sunset Shimmer insults Shining Armor a lot.
- The entire Ponyville branch of Weather Patrol works like that. And that's before Lightning Dust joins them.
- Lyra and Cloud Chaser treat each other like enemies, yet spend time with each other a lot and agree on a lot of things. Turns out they were once lovers, for a very short time.
- And of course the boys don't pull any punches with each other either. Especially Shining and Blueblood.