Fan Fic / Sonic the Hedgehog: Heroes of Mobius
Sonic the Hedgehog: Heroes of Mobius
is a Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Fic
written by Mixedfan8643
. A.K.A. the Media Man.
From the summary: "Sonic is a hedgehog with super speed and unwavering heroism. He's used to saving the day from crooks and criminals but life on Mobius will change forever when Dr. Eggman invades and plots to take it over..."
The author has written three other fics set in the same universe: Sonic the Hedgehog: Tales from Mobius
, centered on side-stories that are canon to the main story, and Heroes of Mobius: 15 Years Later
, set 15 years in the future, and The Terror of Enerjak
.Currently under construction
Sonic the Hedgehog: Heroes of Mobius contains examples of the following tropes (Beware unmarked spoilers):
- Aborted Arc: It was indicated on multiple occasions that Sonic may return Amy's feelings and they may end up together in the end, but ultimately, he ends up with Sally.
- Absentee Actor: There are occasional episodes where Sonic doesn't appear.
- Adaptation Species Change:
- Princess Elise and her father are Mobian jaguars rather than humans.
- Similarly, Nicole starts out as an actual Mobian lynx, and becomes an A.I. later on.
- Alien Invasion: Throughout the series, Mobius faces three, first by the Martians, then by the Devatrons, then by the Black Arms.
- Aliens Are Bastards: With the sole exception of Cosmo, nearly every alien that has come to Mobius turns out to be a villain.
- All of the Other Reindeer:
- Tails was considered a freak for having two tails, though Sonic made him feel better about it.
- Wilson and Mandy were outcasts for having unusual fur colors. Their campaign against racism put a stop to that.
- People were unwilling to trust Kari the Rat just because she was a rat and rats are stereotypically evil and deceptive. Miranda Mongoose made her feel more welcome when she took her in to her team.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us:
- The Devatrons take over New Mobotropolis and keep ahold of it until episode 115.
- Conquering Storm succeeds in taking over Chun-Nan and keeping it under her thumb until her clan is thwarted.
- Alternate Universe: The Crisis on Infinite Mobiuses story arc centers around this.
- An Arm and a Leg:
- Many Eggman robots lose limbs.
- Bunnie Rabbot has lost her robotic arm twice, once to Ravage Bloodfang, and again while imprisoned by Dr. Finitevus.
- Scourge loses an arm and has it replaced with a bionic one.
- Arm Cannon: Several of the Mecha-Mooks, such as Eggman's robots and the Devatrons, use one.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Both Cream and Cosmo are Nice Girls, but are not to be trifled with; Cosmo in particular pulled off a Groin Attack against Marik.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Sally wields two.
- Cardboard Prison:
- The Inter-dimensional Lockdown Zone is meant to house any multi-verse criminals that cause trouble in the multi-verse or in the Lockdown Zone itself. Once Finitevus fixes Eggman’s disabled weaponry though, the breakout is as easy as pie.
- The Empire City MPD Prison was used for housing villains. It was often broken into or broken out of easily though. Since the Devatron saga, we’ve not seen it since, presumably meaning that the heroes simply got tired of people breaking out of it and decided not to use it anymore. The New Mobotropolis Detention Centre seems much more useful. Nobody’s broken out of it yet…
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Several examples:
- Marik tortures Cream in “The Cosmo and Cream Adventure” for no real reason other than he thinks it’s fun.
- Galaxina, a Seedrian child, is tortured mercilessly by Sycranna the Martian just so he can get information he requires.
- In the Martian saga, Count Nyder coldly tortures Scott, Kiara and Charmy for information he requires.
- Miranda is tortured by Katherine for information although the servant both seems to be doing it for her own amusement at the same time…
- Amy Nega is tortured by Scourge and Fiona for information and Fiona doesn’t hold back on her. She really lets Amy Nega have it.
- Blizzard kidnaps and strips Amy Rose naked in a flashback. Made worse at the fact she’s in a freezing cold room…She’s doing it mostly to spite her family due to the fact they caused her to turn evil. She leaves her mark on Amy PRETTY badly and during the torture, she shows no remorse or sympathy for Amy’s position…
- Metal Sonic tortures Tails by having his binds electrocute him. His reason? Just to show how defeated he is…he also tortured Cosmo too, much to Tails’s disgust.
- Nicole is tortured for information. How is she tortured? By being repeatedly tasered in the belly by Fiona, for ten minutes.
- Team Diamond torture Sora for information. They use many tools, including a blowtorch. They even kill her friend Joel to make her talk. All it does is make Sora howl her heart out instead of talking though.
- Black Doom has Sally’s restraints electrocute Sally at one point. It doesn’t last thankfully…
- Sally is stripped naked by Mecha Sonic and tortured for Eggman’s own amusement.
- Continuity Nod: Past events both in the main and spin-off series are brought up repeatedly. Justified given the author’s attention to continuity details…he almost never forgets anything that’s been established.
- Conveniently Cellmates: The Royal Fighters often end up like this if the whole team gets captured.
- Darker and Edgier: Despite being a Sonic fic, the series is far from kid-friendly. It's darker in tone, has rather dark themes such as racism, prejudice, slavery, dark times and moments of experiencing with the death of a character. There are rather intense moments throughout the story and even scenes that would seem more at home in a horror story such as Miles's gruesome death in Crisis on Infinite Mobiuses Part 2...
- Season 8 is probably the darkest of the series before Season 9 comes in and out-darks that with The Dark Armada Saga, which has a scene where Lennox forces a tied up Roxy to kiss him and she’s described as trying to resist him. The cruncher? Roxy straight up implies that Lennox raped her in Episode 220…
- Expy: Ginger is more or less one towards Miles, the Moebius equivalent to Tails
- Death by Adaptation: The King and Queen thanks to Marik. He only succeeds in knocking out Sally for a while however.