The Son of Suns trilogy, which consists of Into The Storm
, In Shadows and Darkness and At the Brink of the Dawn and the Darkness
, is an AU Star Wars
trilogy written by blank101, branching off from the end of The Empire Strikes Back
when the Millennium Falcon
is captured while attempting to escape Bespin and Luke is taken captive and taken to Coruscant, where the Emperor tries to sway Luke to the Dark Side...and succeeds
, and the consequences that this has on the rest of the galaxy.The author's homepage is here
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Vader might mean well, but there's no denying that handing your own son over to Palpatine is not going to win you any 'Dad of the Year' awards.
- The Corrupter: Palpatine, rather more successfully than in canon.
- The Emperor: Luke, by the beginning of the third instalment of the trilogy.
- Et Tu, Brute?: This is Leia's reaction to the revelation that Luke has been spying on the Rebel Alliance from the very beginning. Subverted, as Luke is entirely innocent and was loyal to the Rebellion, but double-subverted when Luke falls to the Dark Side for real.
- Face-Heel Turn: The whole first story is an extended one for Luke.
- Manipulative Bastard: Emperor Palpatine.
- The Mole: Played with. Palpatine arranges for evidence to be planted that Luke was an Imperial agent within the Rebel Alliance by using an actual mole to lay the false trail, and Luke himself, once he becomes emperor is noted for his fondness for using moles in the third instalment.
- My God, What Have I Done?: This is Vader's reaction when he sees what Palpatine's manipulations have done to his son towards the end of the first instalment.
- Redemption Equals Death: Vader, as in canon, towards the end of the second instalment.