Fan Fic: Sailor Moon Sacrifice
A fan-OVA for Sailor Moon, by Kaosu Studios, created by tracing, editing animation, recoloring, etc, with minimal original art. (However, it actually looks decent most of the time.)After dreaming about a girl who looks like her, Usagi discovers she has a twin sister from the Silver Millennium named Kurai. Kurai becomes another Moon senshi, joining Usagi in the present, and reveals that the only way to stop the Big Bad, Chaos, is to kill her. The entire plot is inspired by/a reference to Fatal Frame.The official site is down, but another site run by the creator is here. (Please note you have to register to view.) The story also has a FaceBook group.The first episode can be found here. (Link to Part One)
This fan-OVA contains examples of:
- Animation Bump: There's a quite noticeable bump in both visual and audio mastering after the second part of Sacrifice.
- Catchphrase Spouting Duo: Sailor Moon and Kurai, in a new In the Name of the Moon.Sailor Moon: "Before the coming of the night, the moon shows papery-white!"Kurai: "Before the dawning of the day, she fades away!"
- Cool Sword: The trailers show Kurai has one.
- Dream Tropes—Usagi seems to be suffering from the following:
- I Do Not Own
- Long-Lost Relative: Kurai is Usagi's very-long-lost twin sister.
- Original Character: Kurai and three Fallen Senshi
- Sailor Earth: Er...Moon?
- Total Eclipse of the Plot: Kurai's arrival to aid Sailor Moon is heralded by a solar eclipse.
- Unexplained Recovery: Wait, Wiseman's back?
- Whole Plot Reference: To Fatal Frame