Fanfic: Superwomen of Eva 2: The Hand of Fate
Being trapped inside Unit One was torture for Yui Ikari. She could do little but watch as her husband destroyed her son...until an old hero in search of a successor decided to pass his mantle to her. But even now, can Yui beat Gendo and make things right?Superwomen of Eva 2: The Hand of Fate by Mike313 is a Superwomen of Eva story in which Yui Ikari is chosen to carry the mantle of Doctor Fate.
- Alternate Universe: Aside from the crossover, in this timeline, Yui apparently didn't encounter Seele until after getting together with Gendo.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: In the second omake, how Yui proves her identity when the Helm of Nabu refuses to let her take it off.
- The Atoner: Yui is this, in spades. See Self-Inflicted Hell below.
- Back from the Dead: This is Yui we're talking about.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: Between Yui, Gendo, and Shinji.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Yui.
- Clingy MacGuffin: The Helm of Nabu.
- Deal with the Devil: After being ousted from power, Gendo makes one of these.
- Determinator: Asuka against Zeruel. Even after losing both of Unit 02's arms and only getting saved from being decapitated by the intervention of the newly minted Dr. Fate, Asuka still drags Unit 02 to its feet and gives Zeruel a spinning Roundhouse Kick.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Second Impact apparently had a rather significant effect on the magical world, ending the Ninth Age of Magic.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Gendo is walled away alone in Fate's Tower for the rest of his life.
- Heel Realization: Gendo has one, but it's too late. He can't bring himself to stop.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Yui's motivation behind her work towards Instrumentality essentially boils down to this.
- Legacy Character: Yui.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Gendo, in a nutshell.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Usefully so, especially when Yui combines magic with her knowledge of AT fields to defeat Zeruel.
- Mama Bear: One of the reasons why Yui is willing to accept the mantle of Doctor Fate.
- Potty Emergency: In the second chapter's omake.
- Self-Inflicted Hell: The story starts with Yui deliberately torturing herself in one.
- Soul Jar: Well, amulet.
- Training Montage: Three paragraphs are all that's dedicated to the training of Yui into a mage worthy of taking up the mantle of Doctor Fate.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: What drives Kent Nelson in his search for a successor.
Alternative Title(s):Superwomen Of Eva 2 The Hand Of Fate
Superwomen of Eva 2: Girl of Steel FanWorks/Neon Genesis Evangelion Superwomen of Eva 2: The Ultimate Rush