Rhythmic Pretty Cure
is a Curefic by Ryanasaurus0077
with a rhythmic gymnastics thematic.
A character sheet can be found here
This Curefic contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Guess which other Kotono Mitsuishi character is a bunny (albeit In Name Only in that case)? Also, Saeko isn't Yuko Goto's first character to be a shy calligrapher forced to cosplay on numerous occasions by a character voiced by Aya Hirano.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Rupert Grint as Hitomi and Emma Watson as Tsumugi.
- Custom Uniform: Played straight with the rhythmic gymnastics side of Altair Private Academy; the only thing all the uniforms have in common are classical pink (theatrical pink for exhibitions and competitions) tights and pink ballerina shoes. Generally averted with the general education side and American football side uniforms.
- Dance Battler: Given the stylistic origins of rhythmic gymnastics, this is pretty much a given.
- Dragged into Drag: Hitomi, who lost a bet and has to attend the all-female rhythmic gymnastics side of Altair Private Academy as a result.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Eric Napier, the Cures' rhythmic gymnastics coach and a retired drill sergeant. It helps that his English voice actor happens to be R. Lee Ermey.
- Fake Australian: Emma Watson as Tsumugi in the English dub.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Itsuko is considerably better at cooking than is Tsumugi (who is herself no slouch).
- Femme Fatale: The Nightmare Beauties. Hitomi prefers using She-Fu against them for a reason.
- Frills of Justice
- Gender-Blender Name: Hitomi.
- Idol Singer: Ana Yotsuya.
- Leotard of Power: Worn by four of the five Cures.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Itsuko and Ana.
- Megane: Hitomi, again.
- Naginatas Are Feminine: Following his near-disastrous first fight against the Nightmare Beauties, Hitomi decides to take up spear martial arts. Guess which spear he uses?
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The karate uniforms at Hitomi and Tsumugi's karate class, and also the ballet uniforms at the dance academy Saeko goes to on Wednesdays and Hiroyuki goes to on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Hitomi is only the most obvious example, being a karateka who's also a rhythmic gymnast and who abuses She-Fu to hell and back simply because he Wouldn't Hit a Girl. Also, Tsumugi's younger brother Hiroyuki is both one of the best players on his school's American football squad and a ballet student with several years of experience.
- She-Fu: Most of the Cures specialize in this, including The One Guy (for obvious reasons), and even Cure Clubs, who generally prefers Good Old Fisticuffs, resorts to this sometimes.
- Tights Under Shorts: Worn by Tsumugi.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tsumugi and Saeko.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Tsumugi's other apparatus specialty is the ribbon, and she's also a decent cook, though not at Itsuko's level.
- True Blue Femininity: Itsuko.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Hitomi is understandably a bit hesitant to counter when the first baddie to attack is a Femme Fatale. Although, Tsumugi encourages him to pull no punches when they spar in karate matches.