TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Fan Fic: Resident Evil Stay Alive
Resident Evil: Stay Alive is a possible Self-Insert Fic
of Resident Evil
featuring two main characters, Claire and Rick. It is pretty much a retelling of the main entries of the series (0, 1, 2, 3, C:V, 4, and 5) with Claire and Rick involved. The author also wants to incorporate the movies, which are considered a different continuity entirely.
Note that any mention on this page about Claire is about the OC, not the canon character, who is barely mentioned
, unless otherwise stated. Read at your own risk.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Always Night: The retelling of Zero in this starts at night (which is canon), but ends at night (which is not; it's daybreak).
- Artistic License – Geography: The structure of the water treatment facility in Resident Evil 0 is totally ignored. For instance, the self-destruct button isn't where it's described as being. (Billy and Rebecca never come across it; Birkin sets it off, so the player wouldn't know where it is.)
- Artistic License – Gun Safety: A 15 year old being given a gun and she hasn't handled one before, among other things...
- Bilingual Dialogue: Between 3 and Code: Veronica, the OC and random passersby get into an argument in Danish.
- Chekhov's Gun: The missing typewriters. Quickly veers into fridge logic, given that the typewriters were missing literally a few hours to a few days after they had entered the games. HUNK was sent in to destroy them, but there wouldn't have been time for anyone to have figured out that the two new characters were fish out of water.
- Fish out of Water: Naturally.
- How Do I Used Tense?
- In Spite of a Nail: You would think that Billy, the OCs, HUNK, Chris, and Jill all being involved in outbreaks they had nothing to do with would change things...
- Instant Expert
- Lying Creator: "With NO romance," my ass. See Shipper on Deck below.
- Made of Iron: The OC, who is fifteen, has suffered from, in the course of a week (treatments in parenthesis):
- Two zombie bites (green herb mix).
- A spider bite (green herb).
- A licker bite and being clawed up (green herb mix).
- A Sweeper attack (blue herb after a period of time).
- Being shot once in the abdomen (nothing), once in the arm (bandaged up a week later), and twice in the leg (bandaged up a week later).
- Being generally smacked around (head bandaged a week later).
- It should be noted that the other OC, Rick, is 6' 3" and twenty two years old. When he gets poisoned by the Nemesis (yes, you read that right, poisoned), he's out of the fighting for a good portion of time.
- Jill gets infected like she's supposed to and is also taken down for the count.
- Misplaced Monsters/ Misplaced Characters: Leech zombie in a compartment of the Ecliptic Express that originally only had a dead guy, file, and some bullets.
- Out of Character:
- Wesker is too obviously evil too soon.
- Barry not having his Narm Charm.
- Despite a survivor (the OC named Claire) getting hurt and passing out from it, Claire and Leon take an hour to find herbs. It's implied that they were doing something else during that time. This is out of character for both of them, given that the character was hurt.
- Ada isn't annoyed that some random girl is annoying her while she's trying to find the G-Virus. She later appears to be doing extra work for Wesker, despite how she loathes him and only does what she needs to.
- Carlos losing his sense of humor.
- Krauser knows Leon too early. Krauser isn't dealing with Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with Ada. (Krauser's Note says that he only called for Ada's help because he was desperate. He was also perfectly willing to kill her if she betrayed Wesker.) In this fanfic, they're working well together.
- Rebecca acting like a bitch, to the point of going homicidal.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: The OC doesn't care about how Edward and Richard just died in front of her since they were slated to die anyway.
- Quality by Popular Vote: Since it has over 1,000 reviews, some people in the review section insist it must be good, otherwise it wouldn't get that much positive feedback.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Dwon instead of dawn...
- Self-Insert Fic: Presumably, considering the author named the narrator after her username.
- Shipper on Deck: The OC tries to pair up Chris and Jill, and Claire and Leon.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Rick and Claire
- Small Name, Big Ego: One person wrote a negative review of it. The author proceeded to have a fit about it, claiming that the characters are OOC since she doesn't know the characters personally.
- The Stations of the Canon
- Trapped in Another World: The basic premise.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma