Fanfic / Pretty Cure Veggie Go
A OC fic for the Pretty Cure
franchise by Happy Be Lucky Cure
on faction.net. can be found here
The happy kingdom of Florfauna, which spent many years of joy and prosperity under it's young Queen Eden, found its peaceful life shattered when they are attacked by an evil Organization called PEST-Alliance. Run by the terrible Master Cide
, the group aimed to steal the land's sacred treasure - The Holy Pumpkin Crystal, which helped keep Florfauna's Ecosystem vibrant and alive. In a valiant effort to protect her home, Queen Eden cast a spell on her castle when they broke in to banish all within into Netherspace - including herself. She then gives her two servants five magical devices and sends them to earth to find the legendary warriors Pretty Cure (who had once saved their kingdom from crisis before) before shattering the crystal and destroying Cide's body before she herself was killed...Meanwhile, after arriving on Earth, the servants lose one of the devices and find it in the hands of Beniha Akina, a small, shy Middle schooler. After getting attacked by one of PEST-Alliance's members, Beniha agrees to help them after hearing their story and now must find the other 4 Cures, collect the Holy Pumpkin shards, and defeat PEST-Alliance...
The members of Pretty Cure:
This fanseries contains examples of:
- Aliens Speaking English:Played with - the Villians of the story can "Read" earth language, but are terrible at pronunciation
- All Your Colors Combined: Pretty Cure Garden Grenade
- Alternate Continuity
- Armour Piercing Question: When Matsuri's arguing against asking Iona to be a Cure, Rhubarb asks if she just plans on waiting around till someone gets attacked and transforms at random or the others decide to join on their own volition - pointing out that PEST-Alliance isn't going to wait around for them to find the other Cures...
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Beniha (Red/Pink), Matsuri (Blonde), and Iona (Brunette).
- By The Power Of Grey Skull: '"Pretty Cure, Cultivate my Heart! Transformation GO!"'
- Crash-Into Hello: How Beniha ended up meeting one of her future team members...
- Curtains Match the Window: Averted in Civilian form minus Shigure, but played straight by some in Cure Form
- Edible Theme Naming: The series name should have made things clear...
- All the residents of Florfauna (Save the queen), also have vegetable themed names.
- Elemental Powers
- Five Man Band
- Freudian Trio: Played with - Beniha acts as the ego, making Matsuri as the Id and leaving Iona as the Super Ego. However, there are occasions where Iona and Matsuri switch roles.
- Genre Savvy: Iona plays this role sometimes...
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Ironically Averted with Iona, who's a Videogame fan but can only understand the mechanics of fighting because of her genius girl status, while played straight with Matsuri, who had been given Karate lessons when she was younger and still has the moves down, making it an almost Inverted trope.
- Insistent Terminology: His Name's Riodandy damnit!
- Rhubarb and Celery have to correct Matsuri every time she adds in their Verbal Tic when they explain something
- Meaningful Name: A whole lot of people and places...
- Mineral MacGuffin: The Pumpkin Shards
- Monster of the Week: Zassounaas, who are even stronger when they possess plant-like objects...
- New Transfer Student: Imoka in episode 1.
- Personality Powers: Beniha, Shigure, and Imoka all play this trope straight while Iona and Matsuri avert the typical traits associated with their individual elements.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Averted with Iona - who's Half-African America Half Canadian
- Power Trio
- Theme Naming
- Tomboyand Girly Girl: Beniha and Matsuri When they were younger, and you won't believe who the Tomboy was...
- Iona play Tomboy to Beniha and Matsuri's Girly girls.
- Transformation Trinket: The Cure-Pallets, which look like an odd-cross between an I-pod and a Palm-pilot
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Iona and Matsuri - they may fight alot - but they really care about each other...sort of.