Fanfic: Pretty Cure Veggie Go
A OC fic for the Pretty Cure Franchise by Happy Be Lucky Cure on faction.net. can be found hereThe happy kingdom of Florfauna, which spent many years of joy and prosperity under it's young Queen Eden, found its peaceful life shattered when they are attacked by an evil Organization called PEST-Alliance. Run by the terrible Master Cide, the group aimed to steal the land's sacred treasure - The Holy Pumpkin Crystal, which helped keep Florfauna's Ecosystem vibrant and alive. In a valiant effort to protect her home, Queen Eden cast a spell on her castle when they broke in to banish all within into Netherspace - including herself. She then gives her two servants five magical devices and sends them to earth to find the legendary warriors Pretty Cure (who had once saved their kingdom from crisis before) before shattering the crystal and destroying Cide's body before she herself was killed...Meanwhile, after arriving on Earth, the servants lose one of the devices and find it in the hands of Beniha Akina, a small, shy Middle schooler. After getting attacked by one of PEST-Alliance's members, Beniha agrees to help them after hearing their story and now must find the other 4 Cures, collect the Holy Pumpkin shards, and defeat PEST-Alliance...
The members of Pretty Cure:
- Beniha Akina (Cure Tomato): The main character. a sweet, shy, introverted farm girl who tends to let herself get tricked too easily
- Matsuri Yamaka (Cure Carrot): Beniha's best friend, a Energetic Girly Girl who loves fashion and does not take kindly to anyone messing with Beniha
- Iona Albert (Cure Eggplant): Also Beniha's best friend, a Kid Genius Otaku who loves video games and bugging Matsuri
- Shigure Niwada (Cure Lettuce): A Ojou who love Jazz music and though comes off as sweet and demure is really quite Rebellious
- Imoka Ueki (Cure Potato): A cold, stone-faced transfer student who becomes the school top athlete and seems to hate Beniha for some reason...
- Celery and Rhubarb: The Mentor Mascots and servants to Queen Eden. Celery acts as Team Advisor while Rhubarb is Impatient and Hot-Blooded
- Master Cide: The Leader of PESTAlliance, a disembodied crystal who desires to collect the shards so he can have a new body and destroy all vegetation in the universe
- Riodandy: A feminine self-servering egomaniac who constantly fights with his own supposed allies and tries to one up them at every turn
- Moudi: The groups Elderly Muscle man. He's usually Expressionless, and is very strategic in his assaults
- Lady Hedera: Although the youngest of the villians - she's frighteningly ruthless and isn't above violence to help further the groups goals
- Rubigo: Devoted Second in command and the group's second most powerful member - which is hard to tell at times
- Fugigio (Fiord Fayman): Cide's right hand man and the group's most power member who prefers fighting in the shadows than one on one.
This fanseries contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion:
- Aliens Speaking English:Played with - the Villians of the story can "Read" earth language, but are terrible at pronunciation
- All Your Colors Combined: Pretty Cure Garden Grenade
- Alternate Continuity
- Armour Piercing Question: When Matsuri's arguing against asking Iona to be a Cure, Rhubarb asks if she just plans on waiting around till someone gets attacked and transforms at random or the others decide to join on their own volition - pointing out that PEST-Alliance isn't going to wait around for them to find the other Cures...
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Beniha (Red/Pink), Matsuri (Blonde), and Iona (Brunette).
- By The Power Of Grey Skull: '"Pretty Cure, Cultivate my Heart! Transformation GO!"'
- Crash-Into Hello: How Beniha ended up meeting one of her future team members...
- Curtains Match the Window: Averted in Civilian form minus Shigure, but played straight by some in Cure Form
- Edible Theme Naming: The series name should have made things clear...
- All the residents of Florfauna (Save the queen), also have vegetable themed names.
- Elemental Powers
- Five-Man Band
- Freudian Trio: Played with - Beniha acts as the ego, making Matsuri as the Id and leaving Iona as the Super Ego. However, there are occasions where Iona and Matsuri switch roles.
- Genre Savvy: Iona plays this role sometimes...
- Wrong Genre Savvy: ...but isn't always correct.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Ironically Averted with Iona, who's a Videogame fan but can only understand the mechanics of fighting because of her genius girl status, while played straight with Matsuri, who had been given Karate lessons when she was younger and still has the moves down, making it an almost Inverted trope.
- Insistent Terminology: His Name's Riodandy damnit!
- Rhubarb and Celery have to correct Matsuri every time she adds in their Verbal Tic when they explain something
- Meaningful Name: A whole lot of people and places...
- Monster of the Week: Zassounaas, who are even stronger when they possess plant-like objects...
- Mineral MacGuffin: The Pumpkin Shards
- New Transfer Student: Imoka in episode 1.
- Personality Powers: Beniha, Shigure, and Imoka all play this trope straight while Iona and Matsuri avert the typical traits associated with their individual elements.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Averted with Iona - who's Half-African America Half Canadian
- Power Trio
- The Three Amigos: Again as above.
- Transformation Trinket: The Cure-Pallets, which look like an odd-cross between an I-pod and a Palm-pilot
- Theme Naming
- Floral Theme Naming: Well, plant themed really...
- Tomboyand Girly Girl: Beniha and Matsuri When they were younger, and you won't believe who the Tomboy was...
- Iona play Tomboy to Beniha and Matsuri's Girly girls.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Iona and Matsuri - they may fight alot - but they really care about each other...sort of.