NEWTON, the miracle material capable of shattering the very fabric of the universe! Hailing from another dimension, these sentient creatures have given mankind new roads to pave in scientific research. But, there are those who abuse these advancements for their own ends. Case in point, the Mutos Strain; a race of viral entities that wreak havoc wherever they go. No one knows who creates them, or for what purpose. But, there is one force that is capable of stopping these monstous maladies! Bonding with the powers of NEWTON, these heroes fight for the good of mankind and protect the institution of Science! They are the Transient Crossdressing heroes; Pretty Cure!Pretty Cure Transient + NEWTON is a currently-being-developed Pretty Cure fanseries about three Cures who crossdress in Cure form. The series has a Science/Physics and Medical theme, and is notable for the fact that it appears that the identity of the Cures is public knowledge, and for the fact that the Pretty Cure powers are not necessarily "magical" by nature.Beyond that, Transient + NEWTON, unlike other Precure fanseries that involve crossdressing, addresses serious topics regarding gender identity and body image, using a recurring theme of "dissonance" between a person's body and their mind. Two of the main characters are transgender to some extent, and tropes such as Dragged into Drag are deconstructed, forcing the viewer to question the difference between forcing a non-transgender person into crossdressing and forcing a transsexual or transvestite to conform to traditional gender roles.
This in-development fanfic contains examples of:
- Arc Words: "I'm still me."
- To a lesser extent, "Dissonance" in regards to a person's poor self-image.
- Artifact Title: Inverted. Instead of being just a title, "Cure" refers to the medical/science theme of the show; originally, NEWTON was supposed to cure terminal diseases by forming a symbiotic bond with someone and acting as a second immuno-repair system.
- Author Appeal: Guess what the author Likes.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "Pretty Cure, Immunize!"
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Emma Watson as the voice of Tsubasa. Also, Kaneda's coach is voiced by television director Deran Sarafian (who has had a few acting roles early in his career, including the lead in Zombi 3).
- Crossdressing Voices: Once again, Akira Ishida voices a female character here. Interestingly, said female is a Bifauxnen.
- Elemental Powers: Subverted; the Cures have powers based around aspects of Physics, and therefore have more unorthodox powers. Tsubasa has Friction, Makoa uses Vibration, and Kaneda manipulates "Motion."
- Excited Title! Two-Part Episode Name!: Lovingly utilized; the first episode is even called "YEOWCH! Inject yourself with Science!"
- Frills of Justice: Cure Resonance.
- Jerk Jock: Kaneda. Becoming a Cure turns out to be Laser-Guided Karma for him.
- Lucky Charms Title: The series' title is actually spelled Transient + NEWTON. You pronounce the + as "Cross."
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Invoked. Those who become Cures need to be bonded with organisms called NEWTON, which has the unfortunate side effect of feminizing males and masculinizing females. Makoa and Tsubasa are the biggest examples.
- On Ice: Cure Attrition apparently has the ability to drop the friction of wherever she's standing to the point where she can do this anywhere.
- Skirt over Slacks: Cure Resonance wears leggings under his dress in Cure form.
- Turn In Your Transformation Trinket: Tsubasa to Kaneda at the end of episode 2.Tsubasa: All right, that's it, you little brat! You're fired!
Kaneda: Doesn't matter. I hated this profession anyway, so I was just about to say, "I quit!"
Tsubasa: Perfect timing.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Tsubasa and Makoa, even in civilian form, as well as all the Cures in Cure form.