Fan Fic: Pretty Cure Gymnastics Action
Pretty Cure Gymnastics Action is a Curefic by ryanasaurus0077 with a gymnastics thematic.A character sheet can be found here.
This Curefic contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Early on in the Word Association Test, Kouko says "maggot" when the nurse says "zombie".
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Both the Japanese and English versions have an example.
- Dance Battler: All the Cures know at least some form of dance as part of their gymnastics training; however, Yukiko is especially this.
- Dragged into Drag: Henry finds himself scouted by the girls' team after saving a clumsy first-year girl from falling out the window on the fourth story.
- Expy: Ray is basically a red-headed Haruhi Suzumiya, mostly as far as personality is concerned.
- Five-Man Band: And how!
- Four Is Death: The fourth story of Commanet Academy is where you really need to be careful of the windows. Henry finds his instincts getting the better of him when one poor first-year falls out of one accidentally.
- I Am Not Spock: In the English version, this comes into play toward the end of the Word Association Test. Specifically, when Nurse Matsudaira says "J. K. Rowling", Kouko says the name of one of her books—and in a subversion of Actor Allusion, the book happens to be The Casual Vacancy.
- I Know Madden Kombat
- Large Ham: Ray Asakura is a borderline example; at the very least, she has quite the sense of showmanship.
- Leotard of Power: In various flavors. Hey, it's a gymnastics-themed Curefic, what did you expect?
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Yukiko and Kouko.
- Lost in Translation: Looking at the name given to it in the English version, you'd be hard-pressed to believe that Commanet is supposed to be a Shout-Out to groundbreaking gymnast Nadia Comaneci.
- Magic Skirt: Part of Princess Balance's costume.
- Modesty Shorts: Ray Asakura wears them with her school uniform, as does Yasuko Maki with her Cure Bars outfit.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The first-year Lady Tigers gymnastics team applies this to gymnastics by infusing such theatrics as colorful costumes (decorations varying) and various forms of dance into their style of gymnastics, to say nothing of their use of pseudonyms as gymnasts.
- Ojou: Yukiko Yukishiro is the heiress to a dancewear company; Ray picked her up as a member for this reason, in addition to her training in several forms of dance.
- The One Guy: Henry Iba.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Again, worn by Princess Balance. When Yasuko questions Yukiko's choice for Henry's costume in the role, Yukiko notes that given enough practice, he'll be able to perform his routines in costume without it getting scuffed up. As expected, it does get scuffed up quite a bit early on, but it never gets a single rip.
- Precision F-Strike: Kouko gets a couple in during the Word Association Test she takes as part of her physical exam.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Hence Henry's gymnastics team codename.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Worn by Yukiko Yukishiro with her school uniform. Also part of her Icy Lady costume.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Even before being scouted by the first-year gymnastics team, Henry wears a pink sweater vest and tie with his school uniform; he also wears a pink yukata to the town festival.
- Take That Me: Kouko trash-talking her own voice actress (Yōko Hikasa in the Japanese version, Emma Watson in the English version, etc.) during a Word Association Test.
- Tights Under Shorts: Features quite frequently in Kouko Sanada's wardrobe, including her school uniform and Lieutenant Natural costume.
- True Blue Femininity: Yukiko Yukishiro, known on the gymnastics team as Ice Lady.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Kouko Sanada certainly does, be it with her school uniform, her Lieutenant Natural costume, or her Cure outfit.
- Word Association Test: Done between Kouko and the school nurse during the physicals in an early episode. Below is a transcript of the one featured in the English version.Nurse Matsudaira: Now for some simple word association. I'll start with a word or phrase, and you reply with whatever word or phrase pops up in your head. For example, I might say "zombie", and you might say...
Nurse Matsudaira: Alright, then. Bass.
Nurse Matsudaira: Saw.
Nurse Matsudaira: Dragon.
Kouko: Bruce Lee.
Nurse Matsudaira: Clint Eastwood.
Kouko: Old West action.
Nurse Matsudaira: Kirk.
Nurse Matsudaira: Emma Watson.
Nurse Matsudaira: Caribbean.
Nurse Matsudaira: Beat.
Nurse Matsudaira: Wolf.
Nurse Matsudaira: Diesel.
Kouko: Nasty little bugger.
Nurse Matsudaira: Apple.
Kouko: Greedy bastard.
Nurse Matsudaira: Karate.
Kouko: Shinichi Chiba.
Nurse Matsudaira: J. K. Rowling.
Kouko: Casual vacancy.
Nurse Matsudaira: Pretty Cure.
Nurse Matsudaira: Pretty Cure...