Fan Fic / Pretty Cure Dimensional Evolution
Pretty Cure Dimensional Evolution
is an upcoming 3D fanseries by Ryanasaurus0077
. It uses 3D movies as its theme, and like the series
it is The Rival
to, its protagonist starts out as a Heel
This fanseries has been confirmed to contain examples of:
- Affably Evil: She looks menacing when she kills pedophiles, but Dark Jigsaw drops the menacing act and acts friendly toward the child the pedophile she had just killed was going after, sometimes admonishing the child to never talk to strangers or leave the house without parental supervision. When the child looks at the dead body, (s)he asks Jigsaw what happened, and Jigsaw utilizes a Bond One-Liner related to the death (be it by harpoon, printing press, star-shaped shuriken, decapitation, drawing, or any other death best suited for a Bond One-Liner) while retaining her friendly disposition, then vanishes in a mysterious way.
- Always a Bigger Fish: Dark Jigsaw's preferred form of community service is to jump pedophiles as they try to approach a child and kill the pedophiles graphically, much to even the child's shock. The child will always ask what happened, and Jigsaw will respond with a Bond One-Liner before running off.
- Anti-Hero: Mikoto, following her Heel–Face Turn. She fits Type II more snugly than Shugo Kino (who wavers between this, Type IV, and, in World Tour, Villain Protagonist) and Lina Eastwood (who despite clearly being heroic seems to herself lean more toward Villain Protagonist, complete with the odd Evil Laugh, at times whenever it seems she's being too nice).
- Anti-Villain: Mikoto, during her time as Dark Jigsaw.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Dark Jigsaw has this line in one episode, directed toward the kind of scum she hates with a burning Cure Passion: "People like you molest children, get priests doing what the fuck you're doing, and give anime a bad name." Justified, as in Real Life Christopher Handley served six months for possession of obscene manga in a scandal that rocked the otaku nation in America (a blacklist was later compiled by Anime News Network listing the items off limits to Americans, which are all the titles Handley was prosecuted for possessing), and Tokyo's Bill 156 cast its net hoping to catch paedophilia and could wind up causing collateral damage by reeling in (read: giving an automatic R-18 rating to) a bunch of other manga in the process.
- Asshole Victim: Every single pedophile Dark Jigsaw crosses paths with. Expect a Bond One-Liner to follow each pedo killing.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT threaten Mikoto in front of the Namikawa twins, and ESPECIALLY do NOT try to brainwash her back to your side and let them find out about it.
- Bifauxnen: Mikoto, to the point of playing boys in drama club productions such as Haruhi Suzumiya (as Kyon) and Reservoir Dogs (as Mr. White).
- Big Damn Heroes: Cures Creature and Parasite have to bail Cure Jigsaw out of trouble with Queen Hoffman's goons sometimes, but when Quaritch tries to brainwash her back into Queen Hoffman's army, it's a Berserk Button for both twins, and they beat up Quaritch and free their friend just in time.
- Blood-Splattered Wedding Dress: Of all people, Jason wears one in one episode. Carmen, on the other had, wears a Blood Splattered Wedding Tuxedo in the same episode.
- Bond One-Liner: When one kid who witnesses a violent pedo killing by a harpoon from Dark Jigsaw, the kid asks what happened, and Jigsaw says, "I think he got the point." Mikoto tends to do this a lot whenever a kid witnesses her brutal pedo killing tactics. Another notable example is when Jigsaw kills a pedo in a printing press at a newspaper before the eyes of his astonished would-be victim and tells the kid, "They'll print anything these days."
- Cluster F-Bomb: How a junior high school authorized a play where teenagers swear left and right, engage in vulgar conversations, and cut off ears (though fortunately for the actor playing the unlucky cop, the ear is a prop, which the actor playing Mr. Blonde tears off as he puts the knife to it) is beyond even the author's comprehension.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: A few episodes after her Heel–Face Turn, Mikoto catches someone jaywalking and apprehends him, drags her to her adopted family's house, and forces him to play an LJN game to the end before letting him go.
: I hope you learned a valuable lesson about jaywalking, you doubleplusungood
- Creepy Crossdresser: Mikoto at first; however, she becomes a Wholesome Crossdresser after episode 23.
- Crossdresser: Here's how the drama club leader describes the performer playing the title character of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: A Comedy in Seven Acts
Drama Club leader
: Traditionally, the one playing Haruhi Suzumiya
is a teenage boy, just as some sort of throwback to the old days when women weren't allowed onstage in England, before the reign of Charles II.
- Darker and Edgier
- Dark Magical Girl: Subverted by Dark Jigsaw, who uses mundane weaponry in combat.
- Death by Sex: Even if a pedophile is never shown having sex (which is every time one appears, due to concerns about its appropriateness), if he so much as approaches a minor in the first half he will be offed by Dark Jigsaw. Averted in the second half, when Cure Jigsaw simply arranges for the perp to be vanned if he so much as approaches a minor.
- Disguised in Drag: During the blue flu caused by Quaritch instituting uniforms in episode 38, Mikoto infiltrates her own school while wearing the male uniform. She picks up Mikuru and Michiru and goes with them to the dean's office to confront Quaritch.
- Disney Death: Mikoto, shortly before she first becomes Cure Jigsaw.
- Dueling Shows: With Pretty Cure Evolve Hearts.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Dark Jigsaw does NOT put up with pedophilia. If she catches you trying it, you'll be lucky if she castrates you and leaves it at that.
- Evil Laugh: Dark Jigsaw gets one right before harpooning a pedophile to death.
- Evil Overlord List Cellblock A: A wholesome example in Shichiban's enactment of Rule 104, which is why Mikoto chose to attend that school in the first place (as she gets to wear slacks as much as she wants, which is ALL THE FREAKING TIME). However, Shichiban still identifies its boys by their fedoras and its girls by their ballet flats.
- Evil Teacher: Quaritch takes over as dean of Shichiban after deposing the current dean by locking her in her closet, only opening the door to feed her bread and water. He then introduces uniforms to the school. Predictably, many girls who prefer slacks, particularly Mikoto, strike back by giving the school a severe case of the blue flu until Mikoto, Mikuru, Michiru, Carmen (who also contributed to the blue flu in protest along with Mikoto), and Jason topple Quaritch and restore the dean to her position. The first thing the dean does is abolish "those stupid, TOO traditional uniforms" because "student individuality has always been tradition at Shichiban."
- Friend to All Children: As Dark Jigsaw puts it in episode 1 after throwing shuriken at a pedophile:
: I'm the kind of girl that'll go out of her way to help children such as yourself... [shows the child her stalker's corpse]
even if it means I have to kill someone to protect you children. Child
: What happened to him? Dark Jigsaw
: It just wasn't in the stars for him.
- Heel–Face Turn: Mikoto, eventually.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Mikoto pulls a heroic version in a Shout-Out to Fresh Pretty Cure!, pretending to accept Queen Hoffman's forgiveness so she could have a shot at killing her herself. It turns out to be a Leeroy Jenkins move on her part, as Quaritch subdues her when he notices the hidden knife she was planning to off Hoffman with and decides to brainwash her back into Queen Hoffman's ranks by force.
- Lampshade Hanging: In one early episode, Mikoto/Dark Jigsaw responds to an "I'll Be Right Back" alarm and tracks down whoever said it, killing him VERY graphically.
- Magical Girl: Again, subverted with Cure Jigsaw, who uses the same weapons Dark Jigsaw did.
- Pædo Hunt: Mikoto is active against pedophilia; she actually killed someone who approached her with the intent to rape her in an early episode, and even after her Heel–Face Turn she tied up another pedophile with rope and called 911 before leaving the bastard to be vanned with the line "Have fun in the Party Van!" just to show that she no longer kills humans even if they do what she considers horrible. Either way, the few times the subject is even touched, any molester that appears won't even get to touch a minor and is deliberately made unsympathetic just because the author is against such people.
- Pet the Dog: Dark Jigsaw, oh so very much. The dogs she pets happen to be boys and girls younger than she, to boot!
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Mikoto is given to these. For example, when she kills someone who tried to rape her:
Mikoto: I'm too young to have to put up with being fucked, fuck you very much. [castrates the rapist and shoots him execution-style]
- Pun: The blue uniforms instituted by Quaritch lead to the all-female student union coining the term "blue flu" (a reference to police strikes) in relation to the strike they (including Mikoto and Carmen) implement; to further the pun, Mikoto even combines jean shorts with blue tights at the meeting at the leader's mansion where the girls agree to strike until the uniforms are abolished.
- Real Women Don't Wear Dresses: Mikoto prefers slacks, thank you very much. This extends to all her alter egos, and yes, including Cure Jigsaw, whose outfit consists of a midriff-baring white top, gold pants, and barely-missing-knee-length tan boots. That doesn't mean Cure Jigsaw doesn't possess Frills of Justice, though. Of course, Mikoto doesn't mind wearing ballet flats as part of Shichiban's dress code as long as she gets to wear slacks.
- The Scourge of God: Even in her villain days, Mikoto only kills those that have sex, drink, do drugs, or say "I'll be right back". However, only as a villain does she ever inflict Death by Sex (and she even castrates pedophilic victims with her bare hands); the monsters she faces following her Heel–Face Turn will only drink, do drugs, or taunt the other Cures with the line "I'll be right back!" only to run into her and be shot, stabbed, or waterboarded.
- Shout-Out: The Movie has the Cures and several Red Shirts survive a gruesome accident only to be targeted by Death itself. As you might have guessed, only the Red Shirts are actually offed; the Cures are protected by Plot Armor. There's even an Expy of William Bludworth, the funeral director that appears in Final Destination, Final Destination 2, and Final Destination 5, at one point.
- Social Services Does Not Exist: Is there a reason why Dark Jigsaw is the only factor the local pedophiles fear around Hikayami?
- Spandex, Latex, or Leather: Mikoto wears a black vinyl jumpsuit as Dark Jigsaw.
- Spanner in the Works: The school tailor hired by Quaritch realizes the uniform rule is totally unfair, so when Jason shows up to have him make a male uniform for Mikoto to wear when infiltrating Shichiban High to help topple Quaritch in his own office he's happy to oblige, especially after Jason mentions the plot to overthrow Quaritch. This ultimately leads Pretty Cure to expose Quaritch's policies and free the real dean, who abolishes all the policies Quaritch had instituted, especially the uniforms, since those policies, particularly the uniform policy, were what led to the blue flu in the first place.
- Theme Naming:
- Three-Dimensional Episode: All the episodes. Given the 3D movie theme, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.
- Tights Under Shorts: Whenever Mikoto wears shorts, she either utlilizes this trope or Zettai Ryouiki. The most notable instance of this trope is during a flashback scene in episode 38, where during a union meeting she wears blue tights under her jean shorts Just for Pun (the union was discussing the possibility of causing a blue flu outbreak at their school in response to the new administration's introduction of uniforms and unanimously voted in favor of the blue flu).
- Torso with a View: After Cure Parasite gets a hole blasted through her (which results in a Blood-Splattered Wedding Dress for Jason and Carmen's tuxedo also getting splashed with blood), we get this exchange:
Carmen: How disgusting!
Jason: Exactly. I've never seen such a huge hole go through someone's body before.
Cure Creature: Michiru, tell me... how do you feel?
Cure Parasite: Saintlike. You see... I'm holy. Holey, Mikuru, get it?
Cure Creature: Pathetic. Pathetic! With the whole wide world of fatality-related humor before you, you go for holey?
Cure Parasite: Ah, well...
- Vigilante Execution: If the target is a pedophile, he will be castrated first before Dark Jigsaw offs him in front of his would-be victim. Expect a Bond One-Liner and a Villain: Exit, Stage Left! to follow.
- Vigilante Man: Dark Jigsaw is quite violent, but she only goes after pedophiles (though anyone who drinks, does drugs, or says "I'll be right back" is fair game to her, too).
- Villainous B.S.O.D.: Dark Jigsaw gets one when the Cures convince her that all her life she had been consorting with the wrong side of the streets. This results in a lot of self-pitying that culminates in a Heel–Face Turn when she decides to not blow up Shichiban.
- Villain Protagonist: Mikoto, during her time as Dark Jigsaw. Fittingly, the last role she played for the drama club while still evil is Mr. White from Reservoir Dogs, which is a step up from this trope to a Type V Anti-Hero (though she ultimately skips straight to Type II upon her Heel–Face Turn).
- Weird Trade Union: There's a student union made entirely of most girls attending Shichiban that prefer to wear slacks, and when Quaritch takes over abruptly and introduces uniforms in episode 38, the school comes down with a case of the blue flu as the entire union (including Mikoto and Carmen) strikes. The episode is even called "The Great Shichiban Blue Flu", and the strike is actually referred to in both the dialogue and narration consistently as the "blue flu" (referring to the blue in the uniforms' color scheme).
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Mikoto does this several times following her Heel–Face Turn, always pairing the jean shorts with either brightly-colored tights or Grade B Zettai Ryouiki.