Fan Fic: Pretty Cure Contemporary Mouseworks
Pretty Cure Contemporary Mouseworks
is a fanfic by Ryanasaurus0077
A character sheet can be found here
This fanfic has thus far been confirmed to contain examples of:
- Author Appeal: Wholesome Crossdressers and Emma Watson.
- Boarding School: Sato Dance Academy and Miyano Boys' High School.
- Camp Straight: Hikaru. And his two friends are hoping it stays that way.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: David E. Paetkau as Tohru and Emma Watson as Haruhi.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Cure Black Hole.
- Dance Battler: Two-thirds of the Cures, considering the school they attend. Haruhi herself specializes in capoeira; the other three specialize in either ballet or modern dance.
- Dragged into Drag: EVERYONE at Miyano Boys' High School, whether they like it or not. Also Tohru in Cure form.
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: And in Cure Mermaid's case, boys can be cuter with hair decs, too!
- Fun with Acronyms: The Evil Villains' Interdimensional League, or EVIL for short.
- One of Tohru's homeroom classmates who claims to know about EVIL is asked what the name stands for. He guesses that it stands for "Every...Villain...Is...Lemons."
Tohru: Anyone got any idea who's been running this operation, called EVIL, that's been stalking me behind my back? I've been trying to get some intel from a dance student who I saved at the nearby dance academy yesterday, but I don't think she knows who he... or she... happens to be.
Toshiro: I think I know.
Tohru: Really, now?
Tohru: Do you even know what EVIL stands for?
Toshiro: Of course I do!
Tohru: Well, would you mind sharing with the class?
Toshiro: Uh...okay. Every... Villain... Is... Lemons...?
Tohru: You seriously have been watching too much Spongebob lately.
- Gender Flip: Haruhi gets subjected to this in a similar situation to what Amu Hinamori faced in episode 6. Unlike most examples of this trope, only the outfit is gender-flipped, with Haruhi getting stuffed into a sleeveless white top and black leggings, much to her relief.
- Meganekko: Tohru only counts because while he does go to an all-boys school, that school's uniform wouldn't feel out of place at an all-girls school. The glasses stay on in Cure form. Also Hikaru, a male ballet student at Sato Dance Academy who gets set up with Junko just so he doesn't turn gay.
- Name's the Same: This isn't the first Haruhi to wear her school's male uniform.
- Nor does this series have the first Cure Gadget.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: Haruhi wears the Sato Dance Academy male uniform, and Hikaru wears the Sato Dance Academy female uniform. Also, depending on the dance they take up, students wear different outfits to dance class. For example, like the other capoeira students, Haruhi wears a short-sleeved white top and white pants fastened by a belt when attending capoeira classes. Modern dance students such as Kanade wear black unitards. And ballet students wear the usual. Guess what Hikaru wears to ballet class.
- Not So Stoic: Aya.
- On Ice: All the Cures are capable of this, but especially Cure Mighty Duck, considering her name.
- Opera Gloves: Worn by Cures Mermaid, Cold Feet, and Black Hole.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Enforced and then inverted by Miyano Boys' High School, where a dark red pleated skirt paired with white tights is part of the standard uniform. Surprisingly, there are actually hundreds, if not thousands, of students attending, all of whom are male. Also worn by Cures Mermaid and (though it's actually not very obvious) Mighty Duck.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Miyano's uniform is actually colored red; however, in the warmer months the general division students, including Tohru, wear a white T-shirt with the Miyano logo on the front, a pair of pink nylon/spandex panties, a short pink chiffon skirt, white tights, and pink ballet flats, and the ballet division students wear a short-sleeved pink leotard, a tutu, white tights, and pink ballet slippers.
- Teh Rei: Aya. She does show emotion from time to time, she just usually doesn't feel like it.
- Shorttank: Haruhi.
- Supporting Protagonist: Haruhi may be the focus of this series, but she's not the leader—that would be Tohru.
- Tights Under Shorts: Haruhi and Junko in Cure form.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Haruhi and Junko. The former does capoeira, and the latter does ballet.
- Tron Lines: Appropriately enough, worn by Cure Tron.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Haruhi.
- Another example is Junko and Miyuki's ballet classmate (and Junko's boyfriend), Hikaru Kusanagi.
- Even when a bemused Haruhi gets stuck in a ballet uniform For the Lulz by her friend Junko, this trope is still in play.
Haruhi: At least you didn't put me in a leotard...
- Hell, there have been female ballet students at Sato who wore the male ballet uniform, and all of them were among the several girls that have worn the male school uniform (and nobody else of that brand took up ballet).
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Junko in Cure form; ironic, since she's one of two ballerinas on this Cure team.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Aya in Cure form. Sort of. She's actually wearing those thigh-high boots over her black jumpsuit with Tron Lines.