Fan Fic: Pretty Cure Classics
Pretty Cure Classics is a Fan Fic by ryanasaurus0077 with an old movies thematic.
This fanfic has thus far been confirmed to contain examples of:
- Berserk Button: Harming Agito's siblings is a good way to ensure your death wish.
- Bifauxnen: Kassarin takes Katharine Hepburn's Real Life reputation as MGM's resident tomboy Up to Eleven and doesn't look back.
- Dance Battler: Cures Caron, Kelly, and Charisse.
- Dragged into Drag: Hikari when she enrolled into her ballet class at the tender age of three, because one of the new male students (Rintaro) chose to take all his lessons in drag. She quickly got used to it. Kassarin, who exclusively wore unisex clothes her entire life and went to a non-uniform junior high school (her grade school didn't use a uniform either), enrolled at Kingyo as a girl but got the boys' uniform without even requesting one as her reputation as a skirt-hater was already well-known among the staff for some reason and they just felt like catering to her fashion tastes.
- Lampshade Hanging: When the drama club decides to do a Shakespearean play version of Haruhi Suzumiya with Hochu in the role of Haruhi, Kassarin doesn't complain much, since they're at least performing it in a Shakespearean style. It's only when they do plays based on Wild Target and Super Mario Bros. that she gets antsy.Kassarin: I thought this series was called "Pretty Cure Classics"?
Shinichi: Yeah, so?
Kassarin: Why are we delving into more modern materials?
Shinichi: How is it best expressed? "Too much of a good thing can be bad for you?" Ah, what the hell? What I'm trying to say is, sure, we like to do the classics, and that makes up the bulk of our repertoire, but every now and then I get in the mood to do something more, um...
Shinichi: Yeah, modern! But I do see your point, Miss Otonashi.
- Leotard of Power: Rintaro does this quite a bit. Cure Wood also does this, but since his leotard is made of satin (which is inflexible) the only way to change into or out of it is by transforming. Cure Charisse, on the other hand, wears a Unitard of Power.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Two such dynamics: Hochu and Kassarin, and Rintaro and Hikari.
- Meganekko: Both Rintaro and a biological girl, Hikari, count as this, and Hikari is a semi-Bifauxnen example. Both also retain their glasses as Cures. Also, Hochu (who otherwise almost never wears glasses) inexplicably wears glasses as Cure Wood.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Part of Cure Hepburn's costume. It doesn't show much skin, but a small portion of her midriff shows below that corset.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Rintaro and Hochu.
- Tights With A Skirt: Enforced as part of the Kingyo female uniform, and inverted by boys that wear the female uniform. Rintaro himself does this all the time, and Hochu also does this as a Cure.
- Tights Under Shorts: Worn by Cures Hepburn and Kelly.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Kassarin and Hikari. Both dress boyishly, but considering the latter is a ballerina in training...
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Kassarin, Hochu, Rintaro, and Hikari.
- Yakuza: Agito is a former one. When he got the boot, he stole the family's money and drove it to bankruptcy. His nicer siblings are also former Yakuza, having fled their family while the going was still good for it.