Pretty Cure Android Wars
is a Fan Fic
that serves as a scathing satire of the Android Wars, a series of patent wars erupting between Android OS supporters, Apple, and other parties.
A character sheet can be found here
This fanfic has thus far been confirmed to feature examples of:
- Big Good: Cure Google.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: There's a few of these.
- Chinese Girl: Maggie Lee.
- Dance Battler: Joey really likes incorporating his gymnastics training into his fights whenever he's personally involved in combat.
- Eccentric Mentor: Cure Google.
- Evil Versus Evil: Cure HTC really said it best when she noted, "It's hard to tell who's not the Big Bad Wolf in all this."
- Gambit Pileup: The former trope name is dropped midway through the series.
- Knight Templar: Cure Apple and his allies.
- A Lighter Shade of Black: Of course it's hard to tell who's not the big bad wolf. Just not which group of villains are nicer.
- Leotard of Power: Worn by Joey for gymnastics meets as well as in Cure form.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Joey's leotard as a Cure is blue, itself a feminine color until around the 20th century.
- Running Gag: Poor Cure Motorola always finds himself caught up in fights that land in the exact same dance studio, and he always finds ballerinas in training wearing similar outfits to what he's wearing. However, he'll always continue whatever fight he was involved in like a man as the ballet students watch.
- Tights Under Shorts: Maggie in Cure form.
- Tights With A Skirt: Joey whenever he crossdresses, though it usually involves a leotard instead of a skirt.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Maggie and Seoyeon.
- Twenty Minutes into the Future: There's quite a few references to the fact that this is set in 2018.
- Unusual Euphemism: "What in the name of Nadia Comăneci?" Always spoken by Joey.
- Villain Protagonist: Then again, who has direct involvement in the mobile patent wars in real life that has any sense of morality concerning patent law?
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Political?: This story shows the author's views on patent wars: that they're evil and can only cause a lot of suffering on all fronts, even among innocent bystanders (i.e. the customers), unless things get settled REALLY quickly.
- Where Does He Get All Those Wonderful Toys?: Ruby Anderson, later revealed to have been the Cures' mentor, Cure Google, all along.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Joey, particularly during gymnastics club meets. He also wears a gymnastics leotard, tights, and ballet flats as a Cure.