Fan Fic / Pokémon: The Next Generation
A Next-Gen Fic
of Pokemon, written by Mighty Mewtron
. It stars Ash Ketchum's daughter, Amy, going on her own Pokemon journey with a Clefairy named Luna. Also features the future twins of Team Rocket filling the role and hunting down Amy for her Pokemon.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Jessie seems to emotionally maltreat Logan.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Nina to Amy.
- Brother–Sister Team: Lindsay and Logan, although they are antagonists as opposed to protagonists.
- The Bully: Jojo to Lindsay.
- Call-Back: References much of the anime, even reflecting some of the events.
- Some Pokemon, such as evolved!Psyduck and Wobbuffet are still with the Trainers.
- Fleeting Demographic Rule: Many of the events from the canon anime are tweaked for some storylines.
- Genki Girl: Amy and, to a lesser extent, Lindsay.
- Little Sister Heroine: Nina during some parts of the Hoenn series.
- Overprotective Dad: Played with regarding James. He usually lets Lindsay do anything, but is hesitant when she joins Team Rocket and freaks out when Jojo comes near her.
- Papa Wolf: James, especially when Jojo kidnaps Lindsay to force her to be his girlfriend.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Lindsay and Logan.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Luna, as well as may other Pokemon.
- Ship Tease: Nestor/Amy.
- Theme Twin Naming: Lindsay and Logan are both alliterative and named after Lindsay Lohan, who, coincedentally, has played twins separated at birth.
- Too Soon: Don't mention the late Pikachu in front of Ash for the first half of the series.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: Jessie and James's twins: Logan as the son and Lindsay as the daughter.
- Yandere: Jojo turns out to be a male example of this.