Fan Fic / Pokemon Take Two
Pokémon: Take Two
is a Send Your OCs Pokémon fanfic
author The Lazy Bitch
. It follows the adventures of Raion
, a beginner trainer with a type B Tsundere
, Raion's hyperactive twin brother, and Alex
, a gentle boy who's been on his journey for a while now. It takes place in a universe combining both the games and anime.
There hasn't been much of anything yet, but the author seems to be focusing on Character Development
before the plot takes off, drawing away from Raion's tsundere attitude and making her more likable. The pacing's alright.
The Lazy Bitch, or Maya, is a raving Yaoi Fangirl
with a love of humor, so the jokes and Ho Yay
are good, if nothing else. It's well-written, grammar and spelling-wise.
Updates are random, but both the authoress and fic are most definitely alive.
OC submissions are still being accepted.
As of chapter two, we have Character Profiles. As of four, we have Extras.
As of chapter seven, every tenth reviewer gets to request a special omake
if they have an account. If the reviewer's a guest, the next person to review gets the prize. You have to PM The Lazy Bitch to collect, or else the special omake goes to the next reviewer with an account.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- A Boy and His X: The trainers and their Pokémon. Most notably Ry and Derple, complete with a superhero pose.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Raion thinks of Ry as this, but loves him nonetheless.
- Berserk Button: Calling Raion Ryhorn. She does not like it.
- The Big Guy: Raion may not be the best trainer, but she's definitely a power house in physical strength.
- Big Sister Instinct: Raion's really upset about Team Rocket kidnaping Ry, then mentally gives herself a verbal beat down about letting it happen.
- Break the Haughty: Raion goes through this from chapter two to chapter seven; Ry catches a Pokémon before her, she's unable to do anything when Team Rocket attacks, and she hasn't caught a Pokémon yet.
- Brother–Sister Team: Raion and Ry, of the Half-Identical Twins variety.
- Character Development: Most notably Raion. She goes from a type B Tsundere with a Hair-Trigger Temper to a snarky Only Sane Woman.
- Character Gender Confusion: Raion mistakes Trevor for a girl. Almost happens again with Alex.
- The Chick: Alex looks like he may be that, considering how he's a lot more gentle than Ry and Raion.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Akari and Ry have their moments. Alex too.
- Cool Big Sis: Akari and Rein for Ry and Raion.
- Cute Bookworm: Alex. Word of God says he likes books.
- The Cutie: Alex.
- Deadpan Snarker: Raion gets in a good one every once in a while. She may have picked it up from Rein.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Subverted: Raion does get called out for hitting Ry and does decide to make up for it, seeing she was wrong.
- Fangirl: Raion to anything she considers cool.
- Ascended Fangirl: Pokémon trainers are one of these things. She becomes one at the start of the story.
- First-Person Smartass: Raion, our narrator (most of the time).
- Foil: Ry and Raion to each other. One's a spaz, the other's almost always in a bad mood.
- For the Evulz: Why Ry calls Raion Ryhorn, Akari A-ri and Rein Rei.
- Fun Personified: Ry and Akari are like Nyan Cats in human form.
- Genki Girl: Akari. She's like Ry times three. Also, Shauna.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Raion. She gets better.
- Half-Identical Twins: Ry and Raion.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Rein and Akari. Maybe. Ry and Alex may become this or, considering what The Lazy Bitch is, an Official Couple.
- Humiliation Conga: The end of chapter two to chapter seven for Raion.
- Idiot Ball: Raion picks it up whenever she's mad.
- Idiot Hero: Ry. Oh so much.
- Keet: Ry. He's a bouncy ball of sunshine and happiness, full stop.
- Lampshadehanging: Raion hangs one on several things.
- The Lancer: Alex may become one for Ry, if we're taking their personalities (Yamato Nadeshiko and Keet, respectively) into account.
- Little Miss Snarker: Raion. She's ten and spends most of her time snarking.
- Making a Splash: Alex likes water types.
- Malicious Misnaming: Ry calls Raion Ryhorn. She does not approve.
- Nice Girl: Shauna's friendliness makes her one.
- Nice Guy: Ry and Alex.
- Not What It Looks Like: Nurse Joy walks in on this wonderful little scene: Ry on top of Alex on a bed. What they were doing? Ry was bringing a board game for the two to play but tripped.
- OC: Most of the cast. This is a Send Your OCs fic.
- Only Sane Man: Raion and Calem. Mostly Raion.
- Playing with Fire: Raion prefers fire types.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Ry, deredere, and Raion, Tsundere.
- The Pollyanna: Ry and Akari. He may have picked it up from her. Shauna too.
- The Protagonist: Raion.
- Psychic Powers: Sara's Espurr's a psychic type.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Raion gets one in chapter seven.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ry's red (Keet) to Raion's blue (Tsundere), Shauna's red (Genki Girl) to Calem's blue (Only Sane Man).
- The Rival: Calem is this to Raion. Word of God says Shauna is this to Ry.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship:
- Akari and Rein, from what we've seen so far.
- Raion and Shauna are gaining this dynamic.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: The guy from chapter seven.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl:
- Inverted. Raion's savvy, Ry's energetic.
- Calem and Shauna seem to have played it straight before going off on their journeys.
- Shana Clone: Raion, somewhat.
- Shipper on Deck: Rein and Shauna for Raion/Calem and Calem/Raion, Raion for Ry/Shauna.
- Sibling Rivalry: Ry and Raion. Mostly from Raion, though.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Yolo-loving Ry and type B Tsundere Raion.
- The Smart Guy: Alex. He's smarter than both our Protagonist and duotagonist and Word of God says he'll be tagging along with them.
- Smug Snake: Raion believes Calem to be one.
- The Tease: Rein.
- Terrible Trio: Sara, Samuel and Inkay, of course!
- Those Two Girls: Akari and Rein.
- Those Two Guys: Ry and Alex may be becoming this.
- To Be a Master: Raion's goal.
- Tsundere: Raion starts out as a violent type B, but The Lazy Bitch seems to be mellowing her out into a calmer character.
- Useless Protagonist: Raion starts out as this, but makes it her goal to change that.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The Guy From Chapter Seven calls Raion out on her flaws. It helped.
- Yaoi Guys: Alex and Ry seem to be becoming this, if the chapter 6 omake is anything to go by.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Alex is a male example. He's gentle but strong-willed, judging from his attitude and course of reaction regarding Team Rocket.