There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
Fan Fic: Piracy The Genetic Pirate Opera
Piracy! The Genetic Pirate Opera
is Oxenstierna D. Yuki-Rin's parody of Repo! The Genetic Opera
. In the fic, Peter Kirkland
is a sick boy who gets kidnapped by England's pirate armada, which also includes Spain, France, Netherlands, the authoress' OCs, and some characters from One Piece
. Together, America, Canada, and Prussia form a search party to rescue Sealand and to defeat the pirates.
The fanfic is now complete with twelve chapters and a epilogue. A prequel, titled I Can do Superbad All by Myself
has been published, and a sequel, Loveable Orphans, Wild Times, and Card Games
is in the works.
- Bad-Guy Bar: The Flying Mint Bunny and Club Team Dai-Gurren.
- Bilingual Bonus: Lars speaks Dutch in chapter nine.
- Boy Band: Gekkostate: The Boy Band and Yo-I in chapter two.
- Break the Cutie: It seems that Peter's kidnapping will do this to him. So far, he seems unfazed by the events and sees it as an opportunity to defeat Arthur.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Thierry and Lars.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: Many times when the protagonists are battling Arthur's pirate crew, they're usually shooting the breeze. Sometimes, they'll even sing.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Lloyd. He shows up in a brief scene at the end of chapter one. He later shows up at the end of the fic, to reveal how Berwald got details of the Genetic Pirate Opera.
- Crack Defeat: Kamina defeated the Capricorn Pirates and Poland just by yelling at them.
- The final battle against the Genetic Pirate Opera is filled with these. The CP 9 are defeated when Feliks sings "Friday" by Rebecca Black and "Baby" by Justin Bieber, Antonio is defeated when he is knocked into a bungeee jump attraction by Gintoki, which is also how Lars gets defeated, the Supernovas are defeated when Shizuo throws a slot machine at them, causing coins to flood on top of them, the Straw Hats are defeated when Firo sings Brooklyn Rage after Sanji sings Muse's "Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever), Francis is defeated when the Shinsengumi arrest him for being a pedophile, the Capricorn Pirates are defeated when they choke and pass out on the smoke from Arthur's smoke bomb, and Arthur is defeated after a high-octane kung-fu fight. But, if you consider that the high-octane kung-fu fight was stopped by IKEA workers, then it is considered a crack defeat.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Kamina gets three of these, because he's Kamina.
- Diner Brawl: America and the Capricorn Pirates fight the Supernovas at a buffet.
- Elevator Escape: Prussia and Hungary escape a crowd of Axis Powers Hetalia fangirls by going into a hotel elevator and riding it a floor with a pool.
- Epic Rocking: Any time the Capricorn Pirates sing.
- Extremely Short Timespan: The events of this fic take place all in one night, with the story ending when the sun rises.
- Furo Scene: Although it's not seen, we can hear some Innocent Innuendo from the bathhouse the Capricorn Pirates and the Supernovas are bathing at in chapter eight.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Netherlands speaks gratuitous Dutch in chapter nine.
- Groin Attack: Isabella does this to Heathcliffe in chapter five during Poland's musical number.
- Ho Yay: Poland's actions to Heathcliffe and Kartik during his routine to "Love Game" are blatant Ho Yay.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: In chapter nine, Netherlands says the name of this trope in Dutch after being thrown out to the Vongolas' apartment by Kamina.
- Leitmotif: The Capricorn Pirates seem fond of singing songs by Black Eyed Peas whenever they make an entrance.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Massive Multiplayer Ensemble Number: "I am Sad, So Very, Very Sad", "Yugi vs. Jaden Rap Battle", "Shounen Heart", "Pump It", "The Mysterious Ticking Noise", "My Humps", "Let's Get it Started", and "Spice Up Your Life" have two or more characters singing those songs.
- Mushroom Samba: It's implied that the Spice Girls dance sequence in chapter seven is caused by one-part America hallucinating and another part America in disbelief that the Capricorn Pirates, who had defected from England's crew because of Poland, had joined their side. However, it's subverted when America doesn't mention drugs, but rather Shamrock Shakes from McDonald's.
- Musical Trigger: Whenever a Black-Eyed Peas song starts up in the background, expect the Capricorn Pirates to show up and sing their hearts out.
- No Communities Were Harmed: Both this fic and the sequel are set in Reno, Nevada. However, the hotels and casinos used are fictional ones, and they may or may not be Expies of real casinos.
- If you narrow it down, it's implied that Club Team Dai-Gurren is in downtown Reno.
- Parody: Of Repo! The Genetic Opera.
- Pass the Popcorn: America is eating a bucket of popcorn during the food fight between the Supernovas and the Capricorn Pirates in chapter eight. However, Yuki-Rin takes it from him a short time later.
- Pity the Kidnapper: The Capricorn Pirates are nice to Sealand, to the point where they escape England's pirate ship with Sealand.
- Quirky Mini Boss Squad: The Capricorn Pirates, Poland, Supernovas, and the Netherlands.
- Refuge in Audacity: Happens when Kamina knocks the Capricorn Pirates and Poland unconcious for an amount of time AND causes non-damaging earthquakes by just shouting. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Netherlands threatens that America's search party will be impaled by tuning forks, eviscerated, kicked in the crotch, beaten senseless, and left to be finished off by Eustass Kidd all in Dutch.
- Running Gag: Mentions of Sealand being a shota happen in pretty much every chapter.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Kartik (sensitive guy; look no further than the bathhouse scene in chapter eight), despite being a Cultured Badass and Kazuma (manly man).
- Separated From The Adults: Happens in chapter ten when Izaya and Shizuo give Sealand money to go to the candy shop. It gets worse when Sealand ended up with Orochimaru. Thankfully, Sealand escaped just as Shizuo and Izaya arrived at his apartment complex.
- Shout-Out: Has it's own page.
- Shower of Awkward: The Furo Scenes in chapters eight and nine.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Some physical fighting with Poland happens in chaper five as Poland sings "Love Game".
- Spork: Sometime during the food fight in chapter eight, Yuki-Rin gets a spork in her shirt.
- Testosterone Poisoning: And how?! Kamina, Date Masamune, and Sanada Yukimura are protagonists!
- This Trope is also played straight during the awesome music montage set to "Spice Up Your Life" when Kazuma holds up a sign that says, "I wasted my manliness for this? Now I will never be in Sengoku Basara!"
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Prussia does this in chapter two during his rant toward Austria.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: It's Repo! The Genetic Opera on Zydrate (which was in the original musical).
- Villains Out Shopping: Throughout the course of the fic, when they aren't planning the Genetic Pirate Opera, England and his pirate crew are seen watching boy band performances, taking baths at the local bathhouse, playing cards, and performing awesome music montages.
- Villain Song: "Paparazzi", "Love Game", and any song sung by the Capricorn Pirates.
- We Are Struggling Together: The only thing the Capricorn Pirates and the protagonists agree on is that Poland needs to be fired by England or defeated.
- We Need a Distraction: Happens in chapter five when the Capricorn Pirates sing "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" and part of England's pirate ship blows up as part of the song, giving Sealand and the Capricorn Pirates a chance to escape England. The Capricorn Pirates sang the song and (possibly) blew up part of the ship as a distraction to help Sealand escape.