Beta's Note: Hello again. Turns out that even after the last ordeal, she still wants to write this crap. I apologize ahead of time. On the bright side she seems to have gotten over the need to write 'Geddit' after every time she wrote 'sad' or something equally stupid.1000TearzOrDeth is a Harry Potter Fanfic about an emo american girl at Hogwarts with an Overly Long Name, written by a rude author who loves to insult prepz. Yes, that does sound familiar, but it actually predates it by an year. Somehow, the spelling and grammar manages to be even worse than that of its spiritual cousin, although the snarky comments of the beta reader and her grammar improved version of the text are worth reading.
— The stories beta reader, who's also the authors sister
This work provides examples of:
- Costume Porn
- Deadpan Snarker - The beta reader, who's also the authors sister, until she just gave up and stopped even reading the story.
- Hurricane of Puns - Obligatory for a My Immortal clone. Yes, they are pointed out.
- Hollywood Nerd: Has them added to the goth vs prep dynamic, though mostly it's just complimentary to the goth.
- Jerk Jock - The fic introduces "joks" to the now standard preps vs. goths dynamic.
- Noble Wolf - A supposedly cool one appears in the first chapter to deliver the protagonist the letter from Hogwarts. An owl like everyone else wasn't good enough.
- Overly Long Name - Atera Darkness Amy Nny Gerard Klesa Quella Elddir, although everyone calls her Amy.
- Stealth Parody - It's quite possible that the author wrote both the terrible story and the snarky comments of her sister to make fun of My Immortal.
- Troll Fic - Likely, because it resembles My Immortal in many ways. Officially, it's basically a Raven/Tara scenario where the "Raven" is the "Tara's" older sister. The final chapter lacks the supposed beta and has the author act more apologetically and mature, so it might be genuine.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry - The author and her sister.
- When Trees Attack: A tree that proclaims itself the "demon of emoness" comes to life when our "heroes" stand in the forest. It doesn't do anything, though.