Fan Fic: Official Fanfiction University
Hey, check it out! The Fandom's Fanfic is suffering from Sturgeon's Law! Terrible spelling and grammar is everywhere, Mary Sues are making everyone OOC and Squicky pairings are being written! We should do something!Except, what?Why of course! Bring the fanfic writers who are causing this mess into the canon itself and teach them how to write proper fanfic!First done by Camilla Sandman for Middle-Earth in 2002, now offsprings are spawning everywhere. Originally these fanfiction universities required Sandman's approval to become "official", but now you're fine writing one as long as you mention Miss Cam anywhere, and don't write a blatant ripoff.All OFUs share a multiverse with the Protectors of the Plot Continuum. PPC agents have dropping by their favorite Official Fanfiction University to "help" since Jay and Acacia visited The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-Earth.Tropes:
- Comedic Sociopathy: Some of the treatment of the students crosses into this.
- Death Is Cheap: Because the students essentially apply through Brain Uploading, new bodies can be created with ease.
- Exact Words: The applications take a fiendish delight in Deconstructing the flowery prose of their "applicants". For instance, one of said writers who said she had "creamy" skin arrived in the D'ni cavern with literal cream for skin.
- Fangirl: Most of the students are the stereotypical "squeeing fangirl" type, hence they're enrolled to get over it.
- Fisher Kingdom: Any OFU for a world with nonhuman sentients will ask "race" on the entrance application. Any fanfic author who fills in "Elf" or "Vulcan" on the form will be transformed into a member of that race while in attendance.
- Groupie Brigade: Almost every canon character teaching at an OFU will have a group of students going after him/her.
- Half-Identical Twins: There's a pair in the Official Fanfiction University of Redwall, thanks to a typo in an early edition.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: All OFUs are guarded by mini-versions of a particular animal or enemy from the series, e.g. Balrogs, Acromantulas, or Camoudiles. They are spawned whenever a misspelling occurs of a proper name in that continuum, in a practice taken from the PPC.
- Training from Hell: The usual educational program of an OFU.