Fan Fic: Nobody Dies: Six AIs One Continent
EarthScorpion writes a road trip movie.Another Spinoff of Nobody Dies, Six AIs tells the story of the endearingly plucky and batshit crazy Artificial Intelligence offpsring of Rei and Go-kun, affectionately called the Reego. Taking off to Australia, the continent engulfed in the fallout of Second Impact and wracked with natural disasters, mutagens, deadly wild animals and an alarming shortage of car parts, these intrepid AIs find themselves being the closest thing to law and order in the new landscape. The survivors of the Impact, ramshackle and desperate, congregate together into the Reego's Newtown settlements. Two Keiworu—traumatized fork AIs who escaped from SEELE's laboratories—find themselves reunited with their eccentric cousins. Hijinks, humor and the occasional gruesome death of innocents ensue.But something is not quite right in Australia. Certain leftover outposts in this wasteland seem a little too well-constructed, and a little too organized. And what is with the geological activity underneath Ayer's Rock? Isn't the ground supposed to be the one stable thing in this damned country?Six AIs, One Continent expands on the whimsical, crazed and often adorable artificial children born into the Nobody Dies universe.
This fic contains examples of the following:
- Buffy Speak: All of the Reego lapse into this at times.
- Cyborg: Xuan Do and the other SEELE soldiers.
- Eldritch Abomination: It's an EarthScorpion fanfic. What did you expect?
- Expy/Composite Character: Major Xuan Do was constructed from The Major, The other Major, The other other Major, Renegade Female Shepard and Specialist Cross.
- Hell on Earth: The Outback. Even the AIs run into problems there, what with all the dust and breakdowns and nasty big animals that don't know that you can't eat metal and stuff.
- Scavenger World: The Newtowns settlements. Got to give the Reego credit: they know how to engineer stuff really well.
- Spider Tank: The Reego.
- World of Badass: Natural selection is a bitch. Survival of the fittest or bust, baby!