A completed Crossover
Fic between My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
and Red vs. Blue
, written by DrIvoRobotnik and found here
After quite a few hectic events, Red Team and Blue Team
finally settle down in their valhalla bases for some well-earned rest. Or, they would be, if Sarge didn't keep trying to start the conflict up again. But all that nonsense is swept under the rug as mishap involving trying to toast some toast with Caboose's nuclear-powered toaster sends the crew hurtling through the dimensions.
At the same time, Twilight Sparkle's test run of a teleportation spell is interrupted by the arrival of 7 strange new ponies. Though extremely out of touch with the new world they have entered, the RvB crew quickly become its only defense from another threat they brought with them.
This Fanfiction contains examples of:
- Always Chaotic Evil: Maine. Not even being sent to a Sugar Bowl would stop his lust for power.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Grif is now a pegasus, and his speed in an emergency is said to rival Rainbow Dash's. He still prefers to sleep on clouds, where Sarge can't reach him. It makes more sense when you consider he got the Super-Speed augmentation for his armor in Revelation. In this story, Sarge claims that Grif is too lazy to die. Which explains a lot in-canon...
- Baleful Polymorph: All the RvB cast become ponies. Even Maine.
- Bloodier and Gorier: In the final fight scenes. If it wasn't for Celestia's healing magic, most of the cast would be varying degrees of dead.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Tucker's flirting is tolerated because he is a natural weather pony. He can clear the skies in thirty seconds flat.
- Casanova Wannabe: True to his series portrayal, Tucker attempts to hit on every female he sees. Unlike in his series, this just means he can get slapped more often. The only one who seems to truly appreciate these advances is Ditzy/Derpy, since no one else seems to really bother to do it.
- Cerebus Syndrome: The story started as the RvB cast thrown into a Sugar Bowl setting, and trying and failing to fit in. Then Maine appears.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Still the defining trait of Sarge, but equally hilarious are the Sugar Bowl-inhabiting ponies' reactions to it.
- Doing in the Scientist: Washingon thinks that Celestia is not a god but simply an usually powerful pony. Celestia convinces him otherwise but appreciates his skepticism nontheless.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Sarge tries to start up a volunteer militia in Ponyvile to prepare for the next meta-level troublemaker. Given his working methods, no one joins.
- Evil Plan: The Meta picks up where he left off; gaining power. Except he's made the switch from 'stealing AIs' to 'stealing magic'.
- Flat Earth Atheist: Washington, despite becoming a unicorn and rapidly advancing in magic, doubt's Celestia's godhood. Celestia shows him how wrong he is, but appreciates his skepticism in a world filled with gullible ponies.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Maine makes full use of his abilities as a powerful magical unifrom to beat Sarge with Grif's body.
- God Is Good: Celestia, co-creator of the realm, is also a loving mother figure for it. One line describes her smile as that "soft smile of hers that made one feel like they could fall asleep in her hooves."
- God Test: Washington asks for proof of Celestia's godhood and she obliges. He never doubts her again.
- Hazy Feel Turn: The Meta is reverted back to Agent Maine by the Elements of Harmony, and joins up with Trixie. It's unknown how reformed he actually is, but he seems to be having fun being a showpony.
- Helping Would Be Kill Stealing: Celestia could have dealt with the meta easily and quickly, but she wants her subjects to be more than "defenseless, feeble minded foals" and so she lets them handle challenges that she believes they can handle.
- Knight of Cerebus: As always, The Meta makes everything serious.
- Odd Couple: Pinkie is the only one who's able to tolerate Caboose, so naturally he latches onto her.
- Power Parasite: The Meta not only drains magic from other unicorns but he can also literally rip out people's life forces after getting the power of The Nightmare. He was only stopped from draining the latter when somepony attacked him and broke his concentration.
- Sequel Hook: We never know for sure the full extent of how the Elements of Harmony affected The Meta. At the very end, the Mane 6, the Reds, and the Blues find out he's touring with The Great and Powerful Trixie. And the Adventure Continues.
- Took a Level in Badass: Fluttershy, thanks to Tex taking over her body to fight Maine. An interesting example, because after this fic was completed, Fluttershy out-muscled a bear in the series.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: Sarge doesn't risk saying ANYTHING about his own plan to beat the Meta to anypony who isn't important to The Plan. Nor is it ever explained to us until it happens. Naturally, it goes off without a hitch.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Just as present here as it is in the RvB series. The starkness in contrast to the True Friendship of the MLP series is, as Celestia puts it, "refreshing".
- Voice with an Internet Connection: The soul-binding variety, as Church and Tex appear as voice inside Spike's and Fluttershy's bodies, respectively. They get out later.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The four guardsmen sent to stop Maine from finding the Nightmare arrived to late, and were dispatched without Maine stopping to check if they lived. Apparently, the author forgot to do so as well.