TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Fan Fic: My Little Heta Stuck MS Ts
My Little HetaStuck MSTs is an MST
series created by CJ Croen 1393
, centering around Twilight Sparkle
, John Egbert
riffing on bad fanfictions, with guest stars appearing in some episodes. It can be found here
Works riffed so far:
Tropes featured in this series include:
- Author Avatar: CJ Croen himself appears a few times. Twilight calls him their "employer".
- Berserk Button: Twilight doesn't take too kindly to being reminded that Rule34 of ponies is a thing that exists.
- Big Bad: As of episode six, Dolores Umbridge is this.
- Black Comedy Rape/Pedophile Priest: John makes a few pedophile jokes about David in Harry Potter turns to the Lord.
"Where's my robe?" he cried.
John: (as David) where do you think? yeah, that's right, i'm one of those kinda priests!
- Color-Coded Characters: The Villains' cloaks. Umbridge's is pink, Chrysalis' is green, The Condesce's is red and Russia's is white.
- Cryptic Conversation: At the end of the third episode, two people with their names listed as "???" talking about how they plot to take action against the main characters when they're "properly broken". Only the author knows who they are, though one of them is a woman, since the other calls her "my lady".
- Deadpan Snarker: All of the riffers, obviously, but Twilight especially.
- Distressed Dude: CJ's Author Avatar in episode six. However, he manages to get out on his own.
- Dramatic Thunder: A Running Gag in Cupcakes. Turns out it was caused by the Slender Man.
- Drop-In Character: Jade, to some degree. In the first two episodes she teleports in for no apparent reason.
- Evil Laugh: The Omniscient Council of Vagueness does this in episode 4.
- Fan Mare: Twilight is one of the Harry Potter series. Rainbow Dash is also a big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Five-Bad Band:
- Five-Man Band:
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: The author gets kidnapped by the villains in episode six and the villains make them riff on My Immortal in order to see him released.
- Friendly Enemy: Russia to Italy.
- Grammar Nazi: Twilight does not tolerate bad grammar.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Upon learning that "Sonic Fights Robotnik" is part of a series, Twilight blows up the screen of the Badfic Theater and breaks down in tears, John rips apart the curtains while ranting furiously and Italy is sent into fits of hysterical laughter.
- Guest Star Party Member: In all three episodes so far. Although in the first one, Jade kinda just...invades rather than actually being invited.
- Het Is Ew: In-universe; in the first episode, Italy comments that he's never heard of crack het pairings.
- Laughing Mad: Italy at the end of "Sonic Fights Robotnik".
- Medium Awareness: All of the riffers are medium aware.
- Nice Guy: Italy's the most mellow member of the riffing group, and even makes pasta for them to calm their nerves.
- Harry also qualifies, given how tolerant he is of Twilight's fangirling.
- No Kill Like Overkill: Umbridge's description of what she'll do to the author if the riffers don't comply with her demands. Lampshaded by the author.
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: One is introduced in episode 4. They apparently want to cause some trouble for the riffers.
- Only Sane Man: Harry is the only one who can keep his cool when everyone else goes insane at the end of "Sonic Fights Robotnik".
- Ooc Is Serious Business: During the first sex scene in Homestuck High, John drops his typing quirk and Italy loses his appetite.
- The Pollyanna: Pinkie Pie, who doesn't let the darkness in Cupcakes get her down, thanks to her "Giggle at the Ghostly" mentality. She even repeatedly laughs at the bad organ related puns present throughout the fic.
- Reality Warper: As the author of the series, CJ can alter the internal universe of the story however he pleases. He uses this to his advantage to get Umbridge to let him go.
- Running Gag:
- In episode one, we have America popping in whenever someone says the word "McDonald's".
- In episode two, we have Slender Man making dramatic thunder everytime the word "cupcakes" is uttered.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Jade in chapter seven of Homestuck High, when she learns that there's a second bad sex scene in it.
- Script Fic: Due to being an MST.
- Seen It All: The reason that Italy is a little more laid back about the riffs is because he's seen a lot of bad fanfics in his fandom. Twilight and John are apparently more sheltered than that.
- Sexy Discretion Shot: The group spares the viewers the details of two particularly squicky sex scenes in Homestuck High.
- Ship Tease: In Romano x Depressed!Reader, Italy convinces Romano to riff with them by telling him that Prussia said he was "desperately in love" with him. Cue Romano running into the theater with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.
- In Homestuck High, Twilight mentions a song called "Discord Went Down to Ponyville". When the others ask if she means "The Devil Went Down to Georgia", she comments that that's a "strange name for a song".
- The Slender Man basically acts like he does in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.
- John doesn't hesitate to make Ned Flanders jokes when riffing Harry Potter turns to the Lord.
- In episode 4, Italy convinces Romano to riff with them using the "pretty please" from Chowder. Later, the white cloaked villain in the Omniscient Council of Vagueness asks the others if they want to build a snowman.
- Shower of Angst: John takes at least three of these, while screaming "I JUST CAN'T GET CLEAN!" after reading bad sex scenes involving him in Homestuck High. Twilight does the same later after seeing the bad grammar.
- The Smurfette Principle: An interesting example; Twilight Sparkle is not only the only girl of the group, she's also the leader.
- The One Guy: On the flipside, all of the villains are female...except for Russia.
- Squee: Twilight does this multiple times after meeting Harry Potter. And gives a really huge one when she finds out that he's going to be a permanent cast member.
- Supreme Chef: Italy, who is happy to make pasta for his fellow riffers in order to calm their nerves.
- Take That Me/Self-Deprecation: Subverted in episode 4; when Romano accuses all fanfiction writers of being stupid, the author himself immediately gets offended and storms out of the story.
- Token Good Teammate: Russia to the villains; unlike the other villains, he's not in it for revenge. He just likes having friends who share his interest in world domination.
- Too Much Information: Jade's reaction when Italy says that he can use his underwear as hammerspace.
- Unfortunate Implications: Lampshaded in-universe in episodes 3 and 4. In the former, John notes how David's views on witchcraft can be compared to common prejudices among religious people in real life. In the latter, John takes notice that the depressed reader comes off as selfish and subtly homophobic when she acts as though her crush hooking up with another boy is the end of the world and Twilight points out how problematic the story's depiction of depression is.
- Villains Out Shopping: After a brief bout of evil laughter, the Omniscient Council of Vagueness goes off to build a snowman.
- Voice of the Legion: The Slender Man's voice is written in bold to display this.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: In the first episode, Italy briefly vomits a rainbow after seeing a sexual discription of Nepeta and Rose in Homestuck High. He does it again (along with everyone else) in Cupcakes at which point Twilight asks why he vomits rainbows. We never hear the answer, but Twilight comments that it's "fascinating and kind of gross".
- Walking Spoiler: Subverted; Twilight is referred to as "Princess Twilight Sparkle" but there is so little reference to her princess or alicorn status that it's easy to forget up until it's brought up again.
- Wham Episode/Surprise Creepy: The "Sonic Fights Robotnik" riff ends with Twilight, John and Italy having a complete mental breakdown and Harry calmly ushering Rainbow Dash and Sonic out. And then, the Pink Cloaked Villain declares that it's time for her to step in.
- Wham Line: From "Sonic Fights Robotnik":
Pink Cloaked Villain: It is time!
- Yaoi Fangirl: Implied when Twilight mentions having to take a cold shower after John makes a comment about having sloppy yaoi makeouts with Tavros and Karkat. Italy later proudly proclaims himself as a Yaoi Fanboy, though given the series he's from, this isn't surprising.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: CJ's Author Avatar says this word for word when Umbridge refers to the riffing as "torture".