Fan Fic: More Than You Know
More Than You Know
is a Super Mario Bros..
fanfic written by Pedestrians.
The story starts with Bowser kidnapping Peach (nobody saw that coming, huh?
). However, instead of putting her in a cage over a pool of lava, he keeps her in the castle, and she's allowed to move freely through it, much to the princess' confusion.
Soon Peach meets the Koopalings, and quickly becomes interested in them. She becomes their caretaker and playmate, and little by little begins to bond with them, as showing interest in their dreams and hobbies. She also notices that Bowser's kids aren't too happy. On the other hand, the Koopalings start to see Peach as the mother they lack.
However, this event turns out to be part of Bowser's sinister plan...
This fic contains examples of:
- Abusive Dad: Bowser seems to be this.
- Action Girl: This time around, Daisy gets directly involved in the quest to rescue her friend.
- Attempted Rape: When Bowser says she has to have a child with him if she wants to see his kids again, she sneaks off to see them anyway. He catches her and tries this but stops himself.
- The Baby Trap: Part of Bowser's Evil Plan is eventually fathering a child with her in order to bind her to him.
- Beta Couple: Daisy and Luigi. This leads to some tension when they join Mario on his rescue mission.
- Big Brother Bully: Roy towards everyone but Bowser Junior, whom he knows he can't touch.
- Bittersweet Ending: Mario saves Peach, but the Koopalings are heartbroken to see her leaving them behind.
- Daddy's Girl: Subverted with Wendy, since Bowser treats her the worst because she is a girl.
- Desperately Craves Affection: All of the Koopalings, which leads them all to act out in various ways.
- Distressed Damsel: Peach, of course, although less than in the games.
- The Dutiful Son: Ludwig
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Wendy insists on being called a princess.
- Fantasy-Forbidding Father: Bowser thinks that composing music is just a useless hobby and takes away anything he catches Ludwig working on.
- Faux Affably Evil: Bowser tries to act charming around the Princess, addressing her with Terms of Endangerment and allowing her to move around his castle more freely than normal.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Bowser doesn't take it too well when Ludwig declares that he'd rather be a musician, not an Evil Overlord.
- He IS very pleased to see Bowser Jr. act like a bully to his siblings, though.
- Forceful Kiss: Bowser gives two to Princess Peach.
- Green-Eyed Monster:
- Bowser Jr. really doesn't like having to share Peach with his older siblings.
- Mario finds himself growing increasingly jealous of his brother's relationship with Daisy, especially since her presence becomes a constant reminder of Peach's absence.
- Hiding Behindthe Language Barrier: When Mario starts arguing with Luigi about Daisy, they use Italian. Daisy immediately catches onto this and is deeply hurt by it.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Bowser gets gradually worse about manhandling Peach until he forces her to sleep beside him overnight. This serves as a prelude to his Attempted Rape.
- Manipulative Bastard: Bowser's plans to win Peach involved deliberately letting her develop a bond with the Koopalings, so that he would emotionally blackmail her into having a child with him. However, the child was just a mere excuse so she would never leave his side. Of course, Peach was disgusted when she found this out.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Daisy and Luigi have this vibe, particularly when Daisy starts complaining about how boring their adventure is early on while Luigi is still nervous about the unexpected journey.
- Motor Mouth: Morton tends to babble on.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: The servant who personally attends to Princess Peach after her arrival follows his master's orders, even when he knows they'll hurt her. This extends all the way to letting the king know she's meeting his children after he laid down an ultimatum.
- Parental Favoritism: It is glaringly obvious that Bowser favors his youngest son over the seven others.
- Parental Substitute: Peach to the Koopalings
- Promotion to Parent: Although Bowser is alive, Ludwig, being the oldest, feels responsible for properly taking care of his siblings.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Peach delivers an epic one to Bowser...when he was trying to RAPE HER.
- Royal Brat: Bowser Junior's only three years old, but blatantly favored over all of his older siblings, and very used to getting his way. He also doesn't want to share his 'Mama Peach' with any of them.
- Shipper on Deck: Luigi and Daisy support the idea of Peach and Mario getting together.
- Spoiled Brat: Subverted with Wendy, since she isn't so bratty as she seems to be, but played straight with Bowser Jr.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Bowser treats Wendy especially poorly due to her gender. When he assigns all of the Koopalings their daily chores in the morning, he orders her to go help in the kitchen.
- The Unfavorite: All the Koopalings to Bowser Jr.
- The Quiet One: Larry, the youngest of the Koopalings, isn't very talkative and is a bit of a Shrinking Violet.