Fan Fic / Moratorium
is an AU Rule 63 Harry Potter
fanfic by Darkpetal16
Harriett "Harry" Potter realises from watching her cousin Dudley that good children never win. So, she decides she won't be a good girl any more. With the help of her split personality Moratorium, she sets about taking over the Wizarding world. Now, if only her friends - alliances
, damn it! - and a certain diary would stop getting in the way...
Contains examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Pansy for Draco.
- Abusive Parents: The Dursleys for Harry and the people at the orphanage for Tom.
- Adaptational Heroism:
- Draco Malfoy.
- Tom Riddle, unwillingly.
- Adaptational Villainy: Harry isn't an outright villain, but she certainly does some rather... disturbing things.
- Animal Stereotypes: Harry's Animagus is a fox, Fred's is a hyena and George's is a coyote.
- Anti-Hero: Harry. Good god, Harry.
- Beta Couple: Draco and Hermione.
- Big Damn Heroes: L and Dagonet when they rescue Harry.
- Calling the Old Man Out: It happens off-screen, sadly, but Draco calls Lucius out when the latter objects to him marrying Hermione.
- Cunning Like a Fox: Harry's Animagus form is a fox. It suits her.
- Damsel in Distress: Harry when kidnapped by Gage.
- Damsel out of Distress: Harry again when she's kidnapped again.
- Deadpan Snarker: Harry and Tom, usually at each other.
- Destination Defenestration: Dolores Umbridge gets knocked out a window by Harry, who thought she was a Death Eater. It's a long story.
Harry: [afterwards] I don't see any Death Eaters. Who'd I knock out the window?
Tom: Toad lady from the Ministry.
Harry: Oh. She's an idiot. I don't mind taking out an idiot.
- Distracted by the Sexy: All the men (except Tom) when the Veelas appear. Harry has a mild case when she sees the Beauxbatons boys.
- Doorstopper: It has seven chapters, which might not sound like much, but it's over 225,000 words long.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Harry comes to the conclusion Professor Quirrell is a pedophile. The truth is something rather different.
- First Kiss: Harry and Tom have theirs right after Harry kills Voldemort.
- Fluffy Tamer / Friend to All Living Things: Harry's pets include a Basilisk, a Hippogriff, and a Cerberus pup. Tom even calls her an animal-lover.
- Groin Attack: Harry hits Voldemort with a Diffindo in a very painful place. Ouch.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Harry insists she and Tom are Just Friends. Hermione's not fooled.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: After Krum asks Hermione to the ball, Harry gives him this speech.
- Insistent Terminology:
- Harry doesn't have friends, she has alliances.
- And Voldemort is now known as "Voldewhore".
- Mr. Fanservice: Harry thinks Tom and the Beauxbatons boys are this.
- Only Sane Man: Hermione and Remus. Tom has some moments too.
- Our Vampires Are Different: We don't know much about them, but they can turn any other magical creature into a vampire (though very few survive). and a wizard turned into a vampire can still use magic.
- Overprotective Dad: Sirius for Harry, at least where boys are concerned. He gives Ron and Neville a "talk" that leaves Ron terrified and threatens to do the same to Draco and Oliver.
- Refuge in Audacity: The vast majority of things Harry does. For example, McGonagall tries to deduct points after she knocked Umbridge out a window. Harry abuses her new status as a prefect to award herself as many points as McGonagall deducts.
- The Reveal: Moratorium isn't a split personality. He's Voldemort's accidental Horcrux.
- Shipper on Deck: Hermione for Harry and Tom. She can see what's going on long before Harry does.
- Ship Tease:
- Harry and Tom. It starts when she's twelve and he's sixteen (give or take fifty years). She calls him "eye-candy" and she's one of the few people he trusts enough to tell about his past. They eventually end up together.
- Draco and Hermione. Despite their different personalities and opinions, they have a lot in common. And Hermione blushes when Draco calls her a "young woman". They also end up together.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Harry and Tom occasionally engage in it.
- Spared by the Adaptation:
- Tom Riddle and the Basilisk.
- Gilderoy Lockhart gets out of second year with both his memories and reputation intact.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Harry and Tom.
- Wake-Up Fighting: Harry has a habit of throwing Stunners around when woken up. Just ask Karkaroff and Umbridge.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Voldemort and the Dursleys are dead; magical creatures are accepted into Wizarding society; the twins set up a joke shop and Sirius helps out part-time; Remus marries Tonks and becomes an Auror; Dumbledore retires and Neville becomes Headmaster; Luna becomes Transfiguration teacher and marries Neville; Snape stays at Hogwarts; Hermione and Draco get married; Harry and Tom get married and find a portal to another world.