The year is 927 Oppressive Millennium. The Climatic Atrocity has begun.
A planetary cult has overthrown the world's government, and the world nation of Earth has collapsed in terms of economy, religion, and culture. The cult's name is GRAB, and it vows that life beyond Earth exists and will take over Earth. GRAB now creates various mecha called Mobile Suits. Their most common form is a Gundam
that is capable of all-terrain self-defense, offense, and warfare.
Many of those who oppose GRAB are in space colonies; others are on Earth, where they govern smaller islands and own them. But some space colonies have fallen into other hands and are now used for military warfare, in deploying these Gundams.
Sadly, Gundams used by the GRAB cult have even killed others who have lived in the space colonies and back on what is still known as Earth.
Meant to be KIKEN
's Spiritual Successor
This fic provides examples of (under construction):
- Alternative Calendar: The Oppressive Millenium. The year AVNA takes place: 973. Which is actually supposed to be the year 2985, and KIKEN's Dylan Waters experienced this after crossing the Moral Event Horizon with the use of a massacre across temporal and spacial boundaries.
- Alternate Continuity: What if Dylan never lost his murderous rage, and Mila suffered a Heroic BSOD because of it, further dividing the Org, ruining the plans of Shouhei and Hichou? Also, what if he slid all the way into the wrong time when he tried to attempt a Crowning Moment Of Awesome by slamming his palm into his sliding tube's keys?
- And yes, GRAB—which is really the product of a future Yumegorosu took inspiration for the Gundams from the actual franchise!
- Church of Happyology: GRAB has qualms against critics, and those who do are consequently converted in to GRAB-affiliated Skeptics (yes, with a capital S—think lukewarm Christians), or killed.
- Fantastic Racism: Typically, in Gundam franchise works, its usually Puny Earthlings vs. Born Winner Spacelings. But this time, its an Inverted Trope, and at the same time subverted for Gundam—not the trope as a whole: Those in space are those who refuse to communicate and use technology that well like Newtypes, while those who can are on Earth and rule at least 3/4 of it.
- Five-Token Band: This is used to emphasize on the world participating in a conflict against GRAB.
- Fun with Acronyms: GRAB = the Greatly Renowned Authority of Benevolence. Could also double as a Meaningful Name: the GRABBERS think they are doing these invasions for the good of the world.
- Humongous Mecha: This is a Gundam series! What did you expect?
- Combining Mecha: Mostly two piece-combinations found in the Mobile Suit Combination Line.
- Mecha Expansion Pack: Anything in the Mobile Suit Armored Line—the armor can convert itself to backpack upgrades.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Justified in that the Mobile Suit Handling Engine's HUD/interface resembles that of a cross between Dynasty Warriors: Gundam and an MMORPG called Hubspace.
- Mutually Fictional: Namco Bandai are now GRAB's 756Tech, creating Gundam.
- Post Modernism: Just what did Yumegorosu do to Namco and Bandai? Provide tech for real-life Gundam creation.
- Spiritual Successor: To the author's earlier work, KIKEN. But one character can tell you that he did a Time Skip by accident—after trying to cause a massacre's second wave, turning the Conflict into a full-blown war that lasts centuries.