Mischief, Mayhem, Magic is a cross-over fic
combining elements of Harry Potter
and Fight Club
. It is a work in progress which begins on the night Albus Dumbledore
, Minerva McGonagall
, and Rubeus Hagrid
leave baby Harry on the Dursleys'
doorstep. However, it diverges from "Canon" when Harry wakes up and wanders off. He is eventually found by Tyler Durden. Yes, that Tyler Durden
Appears to be a Dead Fic
. The story has been removed from both sites on which it was posted.
"Mischief, Mayhem, Magic" provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Angel's father was physically and sexually abusive, along with forcing his son to work as a prostitute.
- One could make the case that Tecwyn's family members were emotionally abusive. Tecwyn knew that his relatives traditionally killed or disowned children who were born Squibs. This led him to go to great lengths to conceal the fact that he could not do magic, in the process appearing to perform more impressive magic than many real Witches and Wizards.
- The Alcoholic: Angel's father.
- Children Are Innocent
- Doorstop Baby: Harry Potter avoids becoming this.
- Dramatic Thunder: As Harry is walking off the Dursleys' doorstep and into the dark street.
- Ho Yay: Loads and loads, but no actual slash between the characters. The most predominant is Tyler/Angel, also contains Tyler/Jack, seeing as how Jack is in love with Tyler and jealous of his relationship with Angel. Bizarrely enough, there's also Ho Yay between Jack and Angel. Let's not forget Vernon, who, at his first night at Fight Club, had his shirt and shoes off before he really knew what he was doing.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Tecwyn towards Calypso. Molestation, enslavement, forced marriage...
- Momma's Boy: Tecwyn is implied to have been this as a child.
- Parental Abandonment: Done to Calypso because she is a Squib. This was considered a perfectly normal thing to do, and the only qualms anybody had about this was that Calypso's parents waited until she was twelve to do so when they obviously knew that she was a Squib for years.
- Shout-Out: Vernon apparently believes that Death comes to collect you on a white horse named Binky. Also contains a very out-of-character Elle Woods acting as a barmaid when Tyler Durden and Vernon Dursley meet up for drinks.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Tyler is seen by both Angel and Tiger to be the good guy, while his alter-ego Jack is the bad guy. This isn't helped by Jack's inner monologue, in which he plans to kill both the baby and Angel.
- You Are What You Hate: Tecwyn is probably the first Squib Death Eater in the history of fanfiction.