Fan Fic: Make Me Your Radio
Make Me Your Radio is a Legend of Korra fanic revolving around the developing relationship between Bolin and General Iroh (II).
Can be found here.
Tropes found in this story include:
- Adorkable: Iroh
- A Father to His Men: When Iroh noticed that his crew's morale was down, he arranged for his Earthbenders to train with Bolin.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Of a sort. When Bolin is reminiscing about times when someone assumed he needed protection in Chapter 2, they are "Take care of Bolin, Naga!", "Mako, keep your brother safe!" and..."Asami, why did you let him wear paisley?!"
- Bi the Way: Should be assumed to apply to at least one of them.
- Completely Missing the Point
- Compliment Backfire: It's something of a Running Gag for this to happen to someone every chapter.
- Everyone Can See It: So far just about everyone but the two of them can tell that Iroh and Bolin have feelings for each other.
- Fictional Sport: Iroh uses listening to Probending matches on the radio to keep track of Team Avatar, bond with his crew, and cope with nightmares.
- Flashback Nightmare: Opens the fic.
- From the Mouths of Babes: When Iroh offers a Bolin a favor in exchange for training with his Earthbenders, he holds his arms out in an "ask of me what you will" manner. Jinora refers to this as a "take me, I'm yours" pose.
- Gambit Index: Bolin was sure that Iroh being nice to (and putting the moves on) him was some sort of gambit, though he wasn't sure what Iroh was supposed to be getting out of it.
- If You Do Anything To Hurt Him: Mako gives one of these to Iroh.
- Intoxication Ensues: Happens to Iroh; specifically the "prescription medication is not my friend" variety
- Oblivious to Love: Bolin and Iroh too to a certain extent.
- To wit: Bolin didn't realize that Iroh had feelings for him until Korra, Jinora, Pema and Ikki spelled it out (the latter while insulting his intelligence).
- -> Ikki: He wants to take you to smoochtown, stupidhead!
- Radio Drama: Not only do radio dramas exist in the Avatar world, but Iroh has a part on one.
- Recursive Fan Fiction: About a day after the final chapter was posted, someone posted one. It can be foundhere
- another one can be found here
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Iroh whose mother or aunt is the current Firelord.
- Slash Fic: Ayup.
- Un Equal Pairing: Iroh seems to be aware of how a future relationship with Bolin might look like this to others and decided to take things slowly so that Bo doesn't feel trapped.
- Wake Up Fighting: Iroh opens the fic by Firebending in his sleep.