is a historical Axis Powers Hetalia doujin
of colonization in Indonesia, Southeast Asia in general and even Australia from the 14th century to the end of World War II by dinosaurusgede
Maaf means 'forgive/apologize' in Indonesia.
This doujin provides examples of the following tropes:
- Affably Evil: Ottoman Empire
- Anachronism Stew: Mostly in the more humorous scenes. Seriously, Upin & Ipin and Sailor Moon in 15th century?
- Becoming the Mask: Presumably this is what became of Tawalisi after centuries of Spanish rule, becoming the Philippines as we know her. This is highlighted by her realization that she's far more familiar with the Spanish and American-era aspects of her culture than her pre-colonial heritage.
- Big Brother Instinct: Netherlands, towards Belgium and Luxembourg. India towards Spice Islands (Indonesia).
- Big Eater: China, Singapore, and Japan.
China: We live to eat, not eat to live!
- Creepy Child: Indonesia can come off as this...
- Apparently, Australia becomes this thanks to England.
- Disguised in Drag: France did this while spying on England and Netherlands.
England: And what are you doing here with that outfit?
France: I'm spying on you, silly.
- Happily Married: Brunei and Philippines, before Spain came.
- Innocent Innuendo: Portugal's "Why can't I get inside you anymore?" towards Japan. Lampshaded by Malaysia.
Malaysia: Kinky words sound sooo kinky!
- La Résistance: In later chapters.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: Porutagals first thought when Spain takes Phillipines away is that he's doing something dirty. Netherlands as well, resulting in an Mahabrata hammer of Justice or [anti-pedo rahwana attack] from India. Though considering their personality in cannon.
- Mood Whiplash: Very much so.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Portugal upon seeing Macau being dragged off to slavery. Doubles as a Heel Realization as he realizes that he's Not So Different from the Barbary Pirates that terrorize his own people.
Portugal: What have I become?!
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: a case of Stronger Than They Look with Indie pulling India down as a child to prevent form hitting Netherlands to the Phillipines.
- Official Couple: Brunei and Tawalisi (Philippines). Seriously, just look at them!
- Race Lift: In a rather unsettling example, Yonglu undergoes this as he turns into Australia.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Brunei and Philippines at times.
- Shout-Out: To Snow White.
England: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest race of all?
(to Egypt) Don't worry! I've watched Yu-Gi-Oh!
! And with the power of the Millenium Items, I'm sure you can win!
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Europeans in general, although some of them at least really mean well.
- Writer on Board: While not so frequent as to end up being an Author Filibuster, there are times wherein things in the comic reflect the author's view on colonialism (which is to say, not all that favorably) and the Nations as they were before the Europeans.
- Yandere: England is this to India in his manipulative way.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Malaysia seems to be this, judging by her reaction to Portugal's Accidental Innuendo (Much to Singapore's chagrin).