TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Fan Fic: Lucky Charm
Sakura Haruno is one of the most popular girls in Konoha High, but her life sucks. After breaking up with the most popular boy in school Sasuke Uchiha, nothing in her life works. Her grades are slipping, she only has three friends left and her Guardian is about to take her car away due to her bad grades. That all changes when she bumps in Naruto Uzumaki, the number one loser of Konoha High School and discovers his secret power.Lucky Charm
is Naruto High School AU, focused on comedy and drama. It tries to keep most of the characters as close to canon with a normal background and generally succeeds.
- Adaptational Sexuality: Tenten, Sai, and Samui are gay in this
- The Ace: Sasuke, he is the best student in class without trying, has all the girls swooning for him, is the best looking guy in school, and is rich.
- Adorkable: Naruto, when he sleeps with a stuffed half bear and half frog and calls it froggy-bear. It is kinda hard not to be this.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Sasuke is the most popular boy for a reason. Deconstructed with Sakura, dating him more or less destroys her life, PG version.
- All Men Are Perverts and All Women Are Lustful: The main cast is TEENAGERS, this was inevitable.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Hinata, Ino and Tenten lose Naruto to Sakura. Sasuke loses Sakura to Naruto
- All the Other Reindeer: Naruto at the start of the series is hated by every student in Konoha High. Every Tuesday and Thursday, jocks beat him up. He doesn't even try to defend himself anymore.
- Alpha Bitch: Sakura, Ino, and Tenten fit this at first. They are very arrogant of their looks and look down on anyone below their social status, AKA everyone except themselves, Hinata and Sasuke. The grow out of it, but Ino fits it the best.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Naruto gives one to Sakura before Sakura and Sasuke are crowned king and queen of the prom. It was so effective Sasuke gave up trying to win Sakura
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Naruto crossdresses to get away from the crazy girls, Kiba thought he was a hot girl, even Gaara though he was a little too pretty.
- The Beard: Naruto and Sakura pretend to date, so nobody knows of Naruto's luck. Turns out Sasuke was this for Tenten
- Becoming the Mask: It becomes obvious that Naruto and Sakura are really starting to like each
- Belligerent Sexual Tension:
- Ninety percent of the time, Naruto and Sakura are making fun of each other. Yet everyone is sure they love each other.
- Jiraiya and Tsunade, most of the time Tsunade acts annoyed at Jiraiya. But she didn't annul their marriage for 24 years
- Big Eater: Naruto and Choji. Naruto spends quite a bit of his spare time eating, while Choji is the same of canon, nearly every of his scene has him eating something.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Minor example. Hinata is one of the kinder characters, but she will lie to get the boy she likes.
- Book Dumb: Naruto. He has no idea what bisexual means.
- Born Lucky: kissing Naruto makes you so lucky that you can ace any test.
- Break the Haughty: Sasuke's character development. It starts when he realizes Sakura his most recent ex-girlfriend is dating the "loser" Naruto. He starts to care for her, but she only has eyes for Naruto, that destroyed his pride.
- Camp Straight: Lee seems to like glitter, and admits people question his sexuality, but is very much in love with Sakura.
- Can't Spit It Out: Naruto and Sakura. To themselves even, Naruto is worse in this aspect.
- Character Development: Naruto and Sakura receive quite a bit for a 15 chapter fanfic. The character development does a good job of matching the development of the actual manga.
- Sakura starts out a shallow young woman, that is far more focused on her reputation and looking down on anyone below her social status in school, as well as being lazy, refusing to study for her class and blaming Sasuke for everything. By the end, she is much more caring, not concerned of social status and willing to trouble herself to make Naruto happy.
- Naruto was aggressive, loner and hated everyone. As the series goes on, his kindness is shown more and more. He is much more protective of his friends.
- Character Title: Naruto is the Lucky Charm.
- Chick Magnet:
- Sasuke, like always.
- Naruto becomes this as well as the series goes on. Lots of girls want to kiss him.
- Childhood Friends: Tenten, Sakura, Hinata and Ino have known each at least since first grade. And are still friends in Senior year.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Sakura watched her three best friends kiss Naruto right in front of her, so jealousy is understandable. Then nearly all her friends on Facebook are asking her to kiss Naruto and make him, theirs.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Naruto, even lampshaded by Sakura
- Cool Loser: Naruto, lampshaded by Sakura when she realizes she was the cause for his loser status, saying he was very good looking, funny and emotes.
- Cool Old Guy: Sarutobi, the principal before Tsunade.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Naruto and Sakura. They are adopted by Jiraiya and Tsunade respectively.
- Covert Pervert: Kakashi. When Ino and Sakura want the prom to have all the girls wear bikinis, Kakashi refuses. Not because it would be indecent, but that he would be forced to see the fat girls in bikinis.
- Creepy Child: Gaara tries to be this. He keeps threatening bodily harm and tells stories of how he killed his sister by drowning. He didn't, he just was trying to kill a spider on her head
- Defrosting Ice King: Sasuke, he starts arrogant, with no friends if his facebook is anything, but he does become friendly with Naruto and Sakura.
- Dirty Old Man: Jiraiya, as in canon, is perverted and as old as his white hair suggests.
- Does Not Like Men: Tenten. Ino said she hated men and there was a rumor that she only talked to girls.
- The Dreaded: Sakura is called the Dictator of the school and everyone is scared of her, including some teachers.
- Drunk on Milk: During prom, Sakura keeps drinking orange juice and acts drunk. Asuma even lampshades this.
- Everyone Has Standards: Jiraiya may hit on any hot chick at legal age, but even he is disturbed when he finds out he flirted with Sakura, Tsunade's adopted daughter.
- Even the Guys Want Him: An odd example, but when the guys hear of Naruto's luck they are willing to kiss him for good grades. Naruto wasn't amused
- Everyone Can See It: Everyone can tell Naruto and Sakura love each other but themselves.
- Extreme Doormat: When Sakura was dating Sasuke, she did everything he said. She later regret it.
- Friend to All Living Things: Naruto gave a lot of his money to an animal shelter and lives in a pretty rundown place
- Friendless Background: Naruto is the most hated loser in the start of the series.
- Good Luck Charm: Sakura had one of these in elementary school. It was stolen though.
- Gossipy Hens: Ino thrives on being a gossip. Thanks to her, Tenten's sexuality is an open secret
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Naruto. His willingness to forgive and forget edges him into his canon All-Loving Hero persona. He has every right to hate Sakura as she completely destroyed his social life since the first grade. He had no friends till the 12th grade. Yet when she truthfully apologizes, he instantly forgives her with no remaining resentment
- Hero-Worshipper: Most of the males worship Naruto after he was kissed by Hinata, Ino and Tenten in a row
- Konohamaru was already to this Naruto before the start of the series.
- High School A.U.: Duh. The problems of the cast are not enemy ninja, war, or demon energy beasts but dating and civilian tests.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Played With, at the start Sakura, Hinata, Tenten and Ino all had crushes on Sasuke, but Hinata, Ino and Tenten willingly gave up to preserve their friendship with Sakura. Turns out Hinata and Tenten didn't really like him. Hinata was just following her friends leads, while Tenten used her "crush" to hide that she was a lesbian. And Ino's feelings were very shallow.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Tenten falls for Naruto, she was a lesbian.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Naruto and Sakura start living with each other, during this time they had broken up
- Incompatible Orientation: Rock Lee for Gay!Tenten
- In a very very stupid decision Naruto, Kiba and Konohamaru tried to set up Sai and Tenten. Their reasoning being since they are both gay, they have something in common. Tenten really chewed Naruto out for this
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sasuke is revealed to be this, even becoming friends with Naruto
- Jerkass Realization: After Shikamaru calls out Ino on her behaviour during prom, she tries to change
- Just Friends: Sasuke and Sakura, later on.
- Large Ham: If Lee and Guy exist, then "YOUTH!" has a very healthy representation
- Love Dodecahedron: A high school AU based on Naruto, this trope was inevitable. It goes like this, Sakura dated Sasuke, before Sasuke broke up with her. She "dates" Naruto later and then Naruto and Sakura start to really fall in love, but Hinata, Ino, and Tenten all fall for Naruto. Sasuke starts to fall for Sakura, while Shikamaru, Neji, Choji, Kiba, Shino and Rock Lee have crushes on Ino, Tenten and Hinata.
- Love Epiphany:
- Sakura realizes that she loves Naruto when Sasuke asks if she is really dating Naruto
- Later Hinata, Tenten, and Ino realize to their horror, they don't just have an attraction to Naruto, but do actually like him.
- Kids Are Cruel: The reason for Naruto turning into a social pariah, was because of Sakura's lucky charm going missing and she blamed Naruto. She spread nasty rumors that destroyed his school life, then she realized Ino stole her charm and Ino never told everyone else.
- A Man Is Always Eager: inverted, when Sakura asks to sleep in his bed(long story), Naruto is freaking out
- Marshmallow Hell: Naruto had a dream of Tsunade suffocating him with her breasts, and is scared of large breasts as a result
- Maybe Ever After: There are some hints for ShikaIno, KibaHina, and TenSamui at the end of the series.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Naruto, after he cools down. He is the kindest character in the fic.
- Mythology Gag: Naruto's fondness of frogs comes his summons of them in the main series. Sasuke is stated to like tomatoes like the data books reveals. Naruto has complained that Sakura is much stronger than she appears, a reference to Sakura's super strength in canon.
- Not Blood Siblings: Played for Laughs when Jiraiya and Tsunade revealed they got married in Vegas and didn't get a divorce. Making Naruto and Sakura, brother and sister kinda.
- Odd Friendship: Naruto and Gaara. Naruto at this point is the nicest guy in the series without a bad bone in his body, Gaara is a guy that exists to freak everyone out.
- Official Couple: Naruto and Sakura, and Jiraiya and Tsunade, they are still married. Based on a few lines Asuma and Kurenai as well.
- Oh, Crap: Hinata, Ino and Tenten's reaction when they find out they really do like Naruto
- Open Secret: Tenten tries to keep the secret that is she is a lesbian. Naruto revealed the school knew since freshman year
- Operation Jealousy: Sasuke accuses Sakura of doing this. He is dead wrong
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Naruto tried one of these in chapter 14. Everyone saw through it.
- The Prankster: Naruto. Tsunade is sure he goes to school just to pull pranks.
- The Rival: Sasuke. Naruto constantly challenges Sasuke and loses.
- School Idol: Sasuke is this, called the God. While Ino, Sakura, Hinata and Tenten are the most popular four girls in school, they are called goddesses.
- Selective Squick: While Naruto and the rest of the boys are fine with Tenten being a lesbian. They are rather unsettled when Sai reveals he is gay
- Serious Business: Planning a prom is this to Kakashi.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Naruto, he had a crush on Sakura since the first grade. After he fell out of love with her, he never had interest in another girl before dating her again.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: The reason why Sakura dated Sasuke.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Why Sakura, Hinata, Ino and Tenten fall for Naruto
- Spared by the Adaptation: Due to the lack of danger, every character that died in Naruto is still alive, they are: Sarutobi, Asuma, Jiraiya, Itachi, Samui and Neji
- Spoiled Sweet: Hinata is one of the four most popular girls, is rich, and is very kind.
- Stalker with a Crush: Naruto lies that Sakura was one for him before they started dating to Tenten, Hinata and Ino.
- The Stoic: Sai, Sasuke, Neji and Shino. Sakura even admits what makes Naruto attractive is that he has emotions unlike Sasuke, or his clone Sai.
- Troll: Sakura. Quite a bit of her actions are messing with everyone.
- Troll Teacher: Kakashi, he just loves to annoy his students
- Took a Level in Kindness: Sakura, Ino and Tenten become much nicer.
- True Companions: The fanfic version of the Konoha 12 become this at the end of the fic.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: High School version, but Sakura is called the most popular and beautiful girl in school
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo: Kinda, Sasuke broke up with Sakura before the start of the series, and gets jealous when Sakura "dates" Naruto
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: For Tenten, she thought Lee was a girl and he rolled with it till she found out.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Sakura cross this line when she gathers the jocks and threatens if they don't stop beating up Naruto, she make their lives a living hell. They promptly stop
- You Got Spunk: Sasuke respects Naruto's open disdain of him. As he knows most of the other boys hate him as well, but are simply too scared of the female student body hating them to show it.