Fan Fic: Life After Death Note
If you hadn't read Death Note, there are MAJOR SPOILERS below. You Have Been Warned.Life After Death Note is a Continuation Fan Fic by Cameron Kennedy. It is hosted on Fan Fiction Dot Net.Several years after Light kills L with the Death Note, L somehow wakes up in a hospital bed. He was brought back to life by a doctor named Mido (not to be confused with a certain other Mido in the Death Note canon). After several days of recovering, L goes out in the world and happens to encounter...Misa's body.Awhile later, L is wanted.Even more later, Kira is back.Compared with most fanfics, Life After Death Note is one of the best. It is complete and has over nine hundred reviews.(Wiki Magic is needed.)
Life After Death Note includes the following tropes:
- All Deaths Final: This is the one rule in the series that this fanfic averts.
- Artifact of Death: The Death Note.
- Back from the Dead
- Fainting: Matuda does this.
- Five Stages of Grief: This is refered to after Near dies.
- Flashback: Used a lot for explaining. For example, when explaining where Mido got L's body, and Light's.
- Foreshadowing: One chapter is even called this.
- Gen Fic: No Shipping here...
- Hobos: This is what Yamamoto confuses L as when he first meets him.
- Next Sunday A.D.: This story takes place in 2011.
- Noodle Incident: To an extent. We may never find out what happened that weekend when Matuda and Yamamoto went out drinking.
- OC Stand-in: Yamamoto is a major character.
- One Steve Limit: Averted.
- Except it's not.
- Pun-Based Title: Life After Death Note. Holy-
- Twist Ending: Since L was brought back to life, therefore breaking the rules of the Death Note, he is immune to it.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After a few chapters, after the focus of the story changes, Mido's secretary is out of the picture. She is married to him in the epilogue.