Fan Fic / Lemmy's Land
Lemmy's Land is a Mario
fansite, but mostly dedicated to the Koopalings from Super Mario Bros. 3
. Webmaster Lemmy (named after his favorite Koopaling) takes submissions from people on the site and updates every Saturday. "Super Koopas" (users who've submitted a lot) gain access to a secret page to see updates a week ahead of time. The site also has a fairly tight-knit, active Forum that has its own share of tropes and warrants a mention. The website started on August 12th, 1998, and has been on hiatus since 2012, with Lemmy stating that he has no plans of reviving the site.
Visit it here
if ya know what's good for ya!
This website has a Character Sheet
Lemmy's Land provides examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal
- Affectionate Parody: Many of the fun fictions are this to the different games.
- April Fools' Day: In 2006 Lemmy announced that due to wrist pain, a few sections of the site had to be discontinued. Later he said that he actually DID have wrist pain, but wasn't shutting anything down.
- Badass Normal: The Blooper who participated in and won Season Two.
- Butt Monkey: A long-running series of "scribbles" by various authors showcase Luigi "teaching" people how to do things while Toad gets no mercy.
- Iggy Koopa is usually beaten by Roy Koopa.
- In the Roy's Sports Hall section of the site, Larry tends to have bad luck. Ironically, he was the winner of season six.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Roy's Sports Hall's season 10 tournament. Unlike the fairly episodic first nine seasons, there's an underlying story behind it involving a shadowy organization known as the Mafia which has been fairly heavily hinted to be Mario and his friends trying to get their hands on the tournament's all-powerful prize, the DynaStar. And it gets worse when Roy is defeated.
- Crack Fic: The Scribbles section of the site usually has these.
- The Ditz: Mario, who's been hilariously dumbed down in the Lemmy universe.
- Hero Antagonist: The Mario Bros., Mario in particular. With this site based on the Koopalings, this shouldn't come as a surprise.
- Hulk Speak: Yoshi, but that's probably due to the cartoons.
- An Ice Gun: Lemmy's Weapon of Choice.
- Karma Houdini: Roy never seems to get any comeuppance for how he treats Larry at the Sports Hall.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Basically all Super Mario Bros. games are canon here so any character is able to appear, also there are cameo appearances and characters from Mario's expanded universe.
- Original Character: Prominent contributors have had a few, such as Karma Koopa, a Koopa/Yoshi hybrid, and Susan B. Koopa, a Koopa cousin.
- Many users create their own as well, typically for the "interview" section.
- Kissing Cousins: Susan B. Koopa has an obsession with Larry despite the fact that they're cousins.
- Running Gag: Some that the whole site use, but also each member typically has their own.
- Mario: "Cheese!"
- Morton: "Wedding Cake!"
- Ludwig: "Chocolate!"
- He has another one where he explains something in technobabble, usually resulting in the listener(s) being confused and Ludwig resorting to a more straightforward answer.
- Toad: "$#@%^&$%&$^#!!" and variations thereof. He is also obsessed with pie.
- Waluigi: "Waah! (anything relevant) is scary!"
- Last line of many interviews: "End transmission!"
- Dark Koopa: "Look! Balloons!"
- In Dark Koopa interviews, Pink (a Yoshi goddess) will ask the interviewee if they like Yoshis. If the interviewee answers "no" (which usually happens), Pink's eyes turn an icy color, yells "QUEEEEEE!" and slaps the interviewee until they mysteriously disappear or die.
- "Silence nonbeliever!"
- Schedule Slip: On rare occasions, "Lemmy" won't update the site for various reasons. The site has been on hiatus since June 2012.
- Symbol Swearing: Used often, as it is a family website and actual swearing is a BIG taboo that can get any user banned from the site if they use it.
- Take That: Some works slip in a quick insult to a game or character.
- Villain Protagonist: The Koopalings on many submissions. Not surprising since it is a fan site based on them.