"Kittens and Dragons" is a fanfic
written by KittyNoodlesPPC
on Fanfiction.net. It is a World of Warcraft
slice-of-life fic about Lady Liadrin and Salandria, written from Liadrin's point of view. It is set sometime after the events in the Burning Crusade expansion.
The story can be read here
in all its adorableness.
This fanfiction provides examples of:
- Chew Toy: Whiskers, Salandria's incredibly clumsy/unlucky kitten.
- Children Are Innocent: Subverted. Salandria's interest in dragons is presented as a child's imagination going wild, but the author uses it as Liadrin's main reason for worrying that Salandria may walk down a pretty dark road when she's older.
- Girly Bruiser: An Alternate way to interpret Salandria's behavior here; see Tomboy and Tomboy With A Girly Streak, below.
- Klutz: Whiskers the kitten. Salandria is also hinted at being this, but to a much lesser extent.
- Tomboy: Never outright commented upon, but little Salandria plays 'adventurers' with her cat and suggested fitting the clumsy thing with a suit of kitten-sized armor.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Salandria comes off as this right off the bat merely by the way she reacts to Whiskers's tail getting hurt.
- Woobie: Again, Whiskers. Lady Liadrin also attempts to slide into this role, but YMMV on how effectively she does so.