Kirby Vs Shy Guy is an excellent Sprite Comic
. It all starts with them getting attacked by General Guy
, which eventually leads to a Mario & Luigi
styled fight against a Bandit, and... well, it's better to read it yourself.
The comic doesn't have a domain, so it could be found here
Tropes that appear:
- Action Commands: The "Bros Moves" are explained to use action commands, and though Yoshi argues that "there is no B Button", he's somehow able to "press" it anyway.
- Bamboo Technology: Cameras. Made of watermelons.
- Big Boo's Haunt: An early story arc takes place in a haunted house which Kirby and Yoshi built.
- Butt Monkey: BG Bandit gets the target of most attacks, the center of a Running Gag involving Goonies falling on his head, and even is attacked by his loyal pet.
- In a way, Dry Bones. Everyone sees him as a nuisance, though Kirby's team starts to regret him not being there during the Reminox battle.
- Combination Attack: The Bros Moves.
- Deadpan Snarker: Yoshi and BG Bandit.
- Determinator: The Shy Guys spend the majority of the strip searching for Kirby.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Reminox.
- Enemy Mine: BG Bandit has to stick with Kirby and Yoshi due to his current situation.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Moore was only meant to appear in two strips. He then got so much attention he became a main character.
- Agent 00X/James Kong gets a good amount of fans too.
- Caesar, the team's pet spiny is one as well.
- Expy: Team Missile is Team Rocket.
- Harmless Villain: General Guy is this after the fight with the Shy Guy miasma.
- Jerk Ass: BG Bandit always tries to find a way to backstab Kirby and Yoshi.
- Yoshi was one in the 'quest for ice cream' story arc.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: The series has characters from Yoshi's Island, Kirby, and Paper Mario, with elements from Mario & Luigi, Metroid, Pokémon, and The Legend of Zelda.
- Meaningful Name: BG literally means Back Ground. Which is BG's ability. Hiding in, or attacking with, the back ground.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Don't mess with the Shy Guys.
- Running Gag: You forgot your box.
- Shout-Out: The battles throughout the comic are themed around Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and Pokémon..
- The Shy Guys find treasures and carry them a la Pikmin. Theyre then attacked by a Bulborb.
- When Kirby, Yoshi, and BG Bandit come across a portal, Kirby jumps in assuming there's cake on the other side, only to find the cake is a lie.
- One of Kirby's ideas to use against the Reminox is one to Disgaea.
- The event with the swarm of "Affuns" is a shout out to the first episode of Pokémon.
- "Team Missile" is obviously and Expy of Team Rocket, complete with a Gold Fuzzy to replace Meowth.
- There is a Dragon Ball Z-style recap during the Reminox battle.
- Goldpincer describes his plan in the style of this song.
- Trojan Horse: Kirby suggests this to appease and attack the Shy Guys, but General Guy overhears him. Somehow.
- Turns Red: Reminox turns red twice, becoming Super Reminox and later Hyper Reminox.
- The Worf Barrage: General Guy's attacks against Phazon Kirby.