Kira Is Justice
"I use it…because…I think it is my duty."
—Justin to Landras, explaining his reason of using the Death Note
is a Death Note Fan Fiction
that is a Continuation
of the series by Chihuahua0
, a fellow Troper
.If you hadn't read or watched Death Note yet, there are Spoilers below.Kira Is Justice
is set four years later
, after support of Kira seemed to fade away. A bored Shinigami
named Landras receives a spare Death Note from Ryuk, and drops it down at a bored high school student in Chicago named Justin. After killing someone and getting over it, Justin becomes the New Kira. This attracts the attention of Near, who had become the New L. However, a mysterous person called O is trying to capture Kira too, and also is attempting to expose Near. A Creepy Child
named Fiona, who works with O, sends sixteen SIS agents to Chicago to try to find Kira. Meanwhile, there is David, who is Justin's uncle, and Sol, who is Justin's cousin...
Now has a character sheet
is the disussion page for it.
- Abandoned Warehouse: L's headquarters is located in a small district of these.
- Aerith and Bob: Justin and Landras. The latter isn't a real name.
- Allergic to Routine: Justin can't keep a hobby. Apparently, he was once on the debate team and won state, but then quit. This attribute is what causes Justin to take up the Death Note.
- A Million Is a Statistic: It is rather hard to view the deaths as particularly horrifying, when the numbers are liberally given every chapter (30 a day or so, at one point).
- Artifact of Death and Artifact of Doom: The Death Note.
- Arc Number: Four, of course.
- As You Know: Averted in the case of giving names. They are usually just given in the narrative, as sometimes when a new character is introduced, he/she is introduced in his/her own Point Of View. For example, Ronan.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: O, T, and L. F? Not so much.
- A Boy and His Shinigami
- Batman Gambit: The first one was when Near tricked Justin into killing an imprisoned criminal that was only annouced on Chicago news. More are to follow.
- Bruce Wayne Held Hostage: Justin constructs a situation like this in Chapter Nineteen, except he isn't in any real danger.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Near build a whole room full of towers!
- Also, Fiona in her few appearences so far is childish, and has split personalities. She's one of the three to receive a letter (besides O and T) after Near.
- Captain Obvious: "But vigilantes are also considered criminals in society"
- Colour Coded Characters: Fiona's five personalities each has their own color. In order of speaking order: White, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Pink.
- Creepy Child: Fiona...
- Creepy Monotone: Fiona again...
- And also one of her split personalities speak with all lowercase.
- Dull Surprise: Justin just fell for the new L's trap, potentially endangering his life and everything he knows. His reaction? "'Darn,' Justin thought, 'L is good. I need to be more careful next time.'"
- Dysfunction Junction: Justin's family. He's shy, his sister kleptomaniac, his father is bipolar, and apparently Justin's older brother is insane but out of the story.
- Easter Egg: Several.
- First, count the number of ways Four Is Death (and multiples of four) are incorpurated into the story.
- The story begins in October, which used to be the eighth month on the calender.
- Peterson has eight letters.
- Justice is sixteen years old.
- Near is about twenty-four years old.
- Sixteen SIS agents were send to the United States.
- The story happens four years after Death Note.
- See Mythology Gag for the reason behind Shadow's codename.
- Embarrassing First Name: Justin's real name is Justice (which is a rare uni-sex name).
- Evil Feels Good – well Justin's begun to walk with more confidence and looks like he's having fun...
- Evil Redheads: Fiona is a redhead, and she's creepy...
- Expansion Pack Past: Justin gets more random backstory added on, such as a job as a hacker being mentioned in passing.
- Expy: Let's say that more than one character (cough*Kate*cough*Sayu*cough) is a lot like their Death Note counterpart.
- Justin as well, arguably, supposedly being just as intelligent as Light, and going through a very similar transformation, only much more sudden.
- Sol seems to have some similarities to Light as a high school senior, except he's not Kira.
- Dead Fic: As of Chapter Twenty, the author is considering a re-boot, due to being Old Shame. Sadly the fic has been offically dropped.
- Don't Explain the Joke: The author notes are guilty of the dramatic version of this, often explaining the importance of each and every chapter.
- Eye Scream: Two of the nightmare squences end like this. However, this is also Foreshadowing.
- Fan Fiction
- Five-Man Band: Look at Fiona's split personalities. They form a five man band:
Disclaimer: I do not own Death Note nor make any money off of it. I don't own some of the characters or a few lines either. This will be the last time you'll see this disclaimer. Also, this is my first fan-fiction story on the Internet. Be nice.
- In Case You Forgot Who Wrote It: See Working Title below.
- Incredibly Obvious Tail - Ronan
- Informed Ability: In chapter one, Justin is said to be very smart, but we don't actually get to see this in action.
- In chapter two, the story says Justin is "similar to L, but different" without ever saying why.
- Inner Monologue: Well, this is based on Death Note...
- Intrepid Reporter: Justin's father
- Actually, it isn't stated if he is this kind of reporter. All that is stated in the text so far is that he writes about Kira, but it isn't stated whatever he investigates stories or not.
- Large Ham: Fiona once in awhile, indicated by her bold speak.
- Legacy Character: Justin as Kira, Near as L, Roger as Watari...
- LEGO: Near loves them, even making a board model representing all the major players in the Kira Case wit figurines.
- Justice Will Prevail: Considering Justin's real name is Justice...this trope gets bonus points.
- Meaningful Name: Justin's real name is Justice.
- MI6: Except that they are referred by their proper name, the SIS.
- Mirror Scare
- The Mole: Shadow is one in the SIS
- My God, What Have I Done?: The second time Justin used the Death Note. It lasts a little longer than Light's (a little longer is the key phrase.)
- Mythology Gag: Guess why Shadow has the codename Shadow? It was a suggested name for Watari during the concept stage, but it was too cheesy.
- Next Sunday A.D.: The story takes place in 2014 while the story was first written on July 2010. However, there seem to be a few signs of Twenty Minutes into the Future, like America installing cameras in public.
- No Indoor Voice: BARBIE!
- Not Himself – it seems Sol is beginning to notice this about Justin...
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Landras, of course.
- Also, one element of Not So Imaginary Friend is defined and enforced by the author. To prevent Justin from just talking to Landras in his room, where his family might notice, the Telepathy Necklace is introduced. It hadn't been abused yet.
- Oblivious Guilt Slinging: Justin's uncle happens to be a FBI agent and Justin's cousin openly opposes Kira.
- Oh, Crap: Literaly, when Kira's location was pinned down. Counts as a Precision F-Strike, since Kira Is Justice lacks a lot of bad language, strangely.
- One Steve Limit: Played straight, so far. Some of the criminals that were stated in the eariler chapters were a little over the age (Lucas Pent?)
- Averted if you considered the original manga to count. There's a Shinigami called Armonia Justin Beyondormason. This was completely unintentional.
- One of Us: Oh yes indeed.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Besides being a little smarter than normal and being anti-social, Justice seems normal until he finds the Death Note.
- Painting the Medium / Rainbow Speak: For some reason, Fiona and Landras speak in bold.
- Taken Up to Eleven with Fiona's five personalities, which each have their own way of speaking.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Justin.
- Precision F-Strike: Let's just say that the series lacks in curse words. So...
- Psychological Thriller
- Recycled IN SPACE!: It's Death Note Four years later!
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Specifically, words like "monologue" "prologue" and "epilogue" will become "monolouge" "prolouge" and "epilouge."
- Running Gag: Several times in the Author's Notes, when the author refers to
Justice Justin by saying "Justice, err, Justin," or a variaton.
- Schedule Slip: Let's say that Kira Is Justice had at least two prolonged periods without any updates. He has bad writer's block.
- Shinigami: Ryuk and Landras so far.
- Shout-Out: Four gummy bears! Hahaha!
- Shrinking Violet: Justin.
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's Landras, not Landra.
- Split Personality: This is the reason behind Fiona's madness.
- Spock Speak: Especially whenever the detectives try to analyze anything. Especially the tone.
- Sticky Fingers: Justin's sister, Kate, is a kleptomanatic. This is mostly for comic relief.
- Take That: A stuble one:
The rest of them consisted of security cameras, new channels, and re-runs of Sesame Street
(one with a previously-banned appearance of Taylor Lautner