A sprawling Invader Zim
fanfic by AzulaAlwaysLies
Set six years after the end of the show, not much has changed. Zim and Dib are still fighting their endless fight, the world still sucks, and Gaz is still a jerk. Only now she's a registered heart-breaker, humping and dumping a revolving door of unlucky girls. All that changes when Tak resurfaces. What starts with a stolen Gameslave, a can of soda, and an abandoned lemon factory, spirals into events that will turn an unsuspecting universe on its head.
Can be found here.
Tropes featured in Keyword:Destiny
- And I Must Scream: Thought upon by Gaz in regards to the Control Brains. After all, she just unplugged it. Not kill it.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Tak. From a stranded and disgraced Invader, to leader of the Irken Empire and conqueror of Earth.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Vix, and much to Dib's unwelcome surprise, J4.
- Has Two Mommies: Vix. Avoids confusion of the subject by addressing Gaz as 'Mom' and Tak as 'Mum'
- Insignificant Little Blue Planet: Earth is still a moronic, backwater planet. Even under Irken rule, it holds no great significance.
- Jerkass: Gaz.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Averted. Tak gives Gaz a Pak, so her aging will slow, and in her words, she wont "Be going senile when I hit my stride".
- Misery Builds Character:Vix spends a fair amount of time as a slave worker in her mums empire. And comes out better and a little smarter for it.
- My Greatest Failure: Tak still hasn't gotten over her failure to conquer Earth. Which makes her taking it over as Tallest very symbolic.
- Pet the Dog: Before the Irken fleet moves in for conquest, Gaz visits her family and offers them a place in the empire so they can be spared from being Irken slaves.
- Puppet King: As it turns out, every Tallest since the Control Brains were created. Until Tak takes over and, with Gaz's help, breaks free of their control and destroys them.
- Shallow Love Interest: Tren turns out to be this for Vix.
- Spanner in the Works: Dib porking Zim almost brings Tak's empire down, and nearly sends the universe back into war.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: Zim's brief foray as Tallest almost undoes 2 decades worth of work in mere weeks.
- Walking Spoiler: Pretty much anything after Gaz leaves Earth can't be discussed without spoiling huge plot points in later chapters.