Fanfic / Kamen Rider Showa
Kamen Rider Showa
is a Mega Crossover
fanfic of the Kamen Rider
series and Higurashi: When They Cry
, written by Kamen Rider Chrome
. It tells the story of Shinichi Sanban who wakes up in Hinamizawa after being found in the rain by Rena Ryuugu. He starts to live in Hinamizawa, staying with Rena and her father, while also befriending and joining the Hinamizawa Gaming Club. On the night of Watanagashi, in 1984, demons called Darklings appear and attack the villagers. It is also at this time that Shinichi's true power awakens and he transforms into Kamen Rider Showa for the first time, defeating the Darklings and an evolved version of them called a Darkloid. He also reveals that he can turn into any of the Legendary Showa-era Kamen Riders and use their powers. He also possesses the power to reset time. Soon, his past starts catching up to him as he gains new enemies, allies and powers to fight against the mysterious terrorist organization known as GIN-SHOCKER which he has a connection to.
The first chapter of KRS
was published on Fanfiction.Net
on January 25, 2009, and ended on March 14, 2010 with 100 chapters over sixteen story arcs. The Endgame arc was remade into a movie-style fanfic called Gekijoban Kamen Rider Showa: Endgame
. A movie-style reboot
trilogy was also published, starting with Kamen Rider: Origins
, continuing with Kamen Rider: The 13
, and ending with Kamen Rider: The Return
This story also has a sequel: Kamen Rider X Green Lantern
, and a Alternate Universe reboot
: Showa & Vampire
- Action Girl: Michiru is this, so very much.
- All Your Powers Combined: Kamen Rider Showa can do this with either the powers of the Legendary Kamen Riders or the powers of the founders of Hinamizawa . . . the latter leading to his Golden Super Mode.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Shinichi is rather horrified when he finds out what he used to be and what he did.
- Anti-Hero: Shinichi ranges from Type II to Type IV, Type II for his overall personality and ethics and Type IV due to his past as a ruthless assassin. Daichi is Type III. Good guy, but not a nice guy in the slightest.
- Anti-Villain: When Chiaki was on the side of GIN-SHOCKER.
- The Atoner: Shinichi is this after unwittingly killing his first love.
- Back from the Dead: The NUMBERS.
- Badass Adorable: Do not mess with the people Michiru cares about, especially Hana. You'll live much longer and much healthier that way.
- Bewarethe Nice Ones: Chiaki may be a nice guy at heart, but don't mess with the people he cares about, especially Hanyuu. You won't like the results.
- Bi the Way: Michiru loves Hana, but she's also expressed attraction to various males.
- Big Brother Instinct: Shinichi is this with Rika and Hanyuu Furude and Satoko Houjou, the former two even being adopted as his sisters by his rediscovered mother.
- Big Brother Mentor: Chiaki is this for Hanyuu but she doesnít see it that way.
- Broken Bird: This is Hana and to be honest, you'd be a little down on the world if you spent years being experimented on and abused for the purpose of being turned into a living weapon (and sadism on the part of your handler), too. Michiru, like Hana, only with the added horror of seeing her beloved mother killed in front of her by the same people that would go on to make her a cyborg.
- Chainsaw Good: Chiakiís main weapons.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Shinichi might be an unabashed lover of the female form, but he genuinely respects the ladies around him (especially Rena Ryuugu) and hurting them, or any other woman or girl, is unforgivable in his eyes. He gets this from his mother Shiori, who is an unabashed Good Bad Girl and a famous writer of erotic literature.
- The Chosen One: Shinichi is chosen by the spirits of the foundersí Treasures of Hinamizawa to wield their power in battle against the dark forces that threaten it and chosen to wield the powers of the Legendary (Showa-era) Kamen Riders.
- Cyborg: The NUMBERS and all the members of GIN-SHOCKER.
- Darkand Troubled Past: Shinichi was an assassin, and he has a lot of guilt over that.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Gloomy and fond of dark-colored clothing she might be, but Hana is the farthest thing from evil.
- Deal with the Devil: How Yokoshima gains his Blitz Form, by signing a contract with Topper seconds before he dies.
- Dual Wielding: Chiaki does this his chainsaws, for extra awesomeness.
- Epiphany Superpowers: Michiru gains Mirage Form after overcoming her own trauma at the hands of her former handler and uses said Super Mode to take him down with extreme prejudice after he tries to go One-Winged Angel on her. Hana does as well after overcoming her trauma at the hands of her former handler gives her in the form of Kamen Rider Arachnea Venom Form, which enables her to kill said handler when he goes One-Winged Angel on her.
- Evil Counterpart: WHITE 14 is this to Kamen Rider Showa
- Gentle Giant: Chiaki may look intimidating from a distance, but he's really one of the sweetest, kindest guys you'll ever meet —- cyborg or not.
- Good Is Not Nice: Daichi is very much not nice. Still good, though.
- Goth: Hana some elements of this to her personality.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Daichi always seems to be on the verge of a violent rampage, for one reason or another.
- Heroic Safe Mode: Crossing with Enemy Within and Superpowered Evil Side, BLACK 13/Kuro Juusan is this for Shinichi/Kamen Rider Showa; in the event that Showa is disabled, his assassin programming, embodied as "Kuro Juusan," will take over and dispatch whatever enemy is in his path with cold, ruthless efficiency.
- Hospital Hottie: Hana worka with her best friend and lover Michiru in Dr. Irie's clinic.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Chiaki is this with Hanyuu
- Humans Are Bastards: See Parental Betrayal for why Daichi thinks this.
- I Am a Monster: A feeling Shinichi routinely struggles with, due to his cyborg nature and his previous actions as BLACK 13.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Gebok isn't exactly a vampire, but he did make Shinichi what he is today, and Shinichi hates him for it with a passion.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In a nutshell. He may be a constantly angry, overly rude bastard who holds grudges like you wouldn't believe, but he's also surprisingly nice when the occasion comes.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Behind his angry facade, Daichi really loves animals, particularly because "they won't betray you like humans."
- Loveat First Sight: With Rena; Shinichi even called her an angel when he first saw her.
- Morality Pet: Chiaki changed sides for the sake of his friendship with Hanyuu, who had also grown attached to the then-amnesiac Shinichi/Showa, whom Chiaki had been resurrected to kill along with the rest of the NUMBERS.
- Musical Assassin: Daichiís codenamed "Musician" for a reason, you know. That reason just happens to be this trope.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Kuro Juusan's reaction to discovering he killed Lina during a training exercise; she'd been dressed up like one of his training dummies by his creator, Dr. Gebok.
- Oblivious to Love: It is not sure just how aware Chiaki is of Hanyuu's more romantic inclinations toward him.
- Paint It Black: Kamen Rider Showa's armor becomes much more predominantly black when the appropriately named BLACK 13 is in control. However, BLACK 13 is more a case of Dark Is Not Quite Evil, ruthlessly efficient in combat, but not exactly evil . . . especially now that he and Shinichi have come to an accord.
- Parental Betrayal: Technically "Sisterly Betrayal", but it still counts insofar as Daichi's sister was his guardian and literally sold him to GIN-SHOCKER.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: Like any Kamen Rider worth his or her salt, albeit Showa/BLACK 13 did it Wolverine-style, i.e. with lots of violence.
- The Powerof Rock: "Rock-Metal Form" at least invokes this.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Hana and Michiru are more this than "Tomboy and Girly Girl", since Hana's not so much a tomboy but she does give off a rather dark and gloomy appearance as contrasted with Michiru's normally sunny nature.
- Remember the New Guy: Yuji Fudo, a fellow author's OC, appears with no introduction at all in Ch. 44 of GX, but with all the main characters already knowing who he is.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Hana and Michiru before the Les Yay turned out to be canon.
- Second Love: Rena to Shinichi.
- Sinister Scythe: Hana dual-wields Spider Kama as Kamen Rider Arachnea.
- Sour Supporter: Daichi still hates Shinichi for what he did to him as BLACK 13, but he's willing to tolerate him to the extent that they remain on the same side.
- Split-Personality Merge: Not so much merge as more willing to work together, which works out quite well when they pull off a "Fake Defector" gambit.
- Stepford Smiler: To a certain extent, it could be argued that Michiruís "Genki Girl" persona was a mask over her internal pain, but not so much after defeating her former handler.
- Story Arc:
- Awakening (Chapters 1-11)
- New Life (Chapters 12-25)
- Identity (Chapters 26-31)
- Treasures (Chapters 32-34)
- Lone Wolf (Chapters 35 & 36)
- Grown Up (Chapters 37-40)
- Shadow (Chapters 41-44)
- ARMOR (Chapters 45-47)
- Hunting (Chapters 48-50)
- Zero (Chapters 51 & 52)
- Spirits (Chapters 53-55)
- Purgatory (Chapters 56-59)
- Decade (Chapters 60-65)
- Arrogance (Chapters 67-70)
- Endgame (Chapters 71-74)
- DHS (Chapters 75-100)
- Super Mode: Kamen Rider Showa Hinamizawa Guardian Form, Kamen Rider Slasher Slayer Form, Kamen Rider Zero Fighter Form, Kamen Rider Carmen Mirage Form, Kamen Rider Arachena Venom Form, Kamen Rider Armadillo Blitz Form, and Kamen Rider Muiscian Rock-Metal Form.
- Those Two Girls: Hana and Michiru might be what happens when Those Two Girls end up to be significant characters in their own right and are also cybernetically and genetically enhanced badasses.
- Time Master: Shinichi is a budding version of this trope, with the power to reverse, accelerate, slow down, or even outright stop time in a particular area. The last one is how he managed to pull off a lot of his killings; with him still moving while everyone else was frozen in time, he was too fast for his targets (or anyone attempting to get in his way) to defend themselves.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Michiru really loves bananas, combined with Erotic Eating.
- Transformation Trauma: Applies to Hana. Having spider-like arms grow from your body every time you get a little too emotional isn't very conducive to a positive body image.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Shinichi/Shinji with his mother Shiori; they even have the same ahoge!
- Upgrade Artifact: Let me see... Showa's Guardian Treasures, Slasher's Onigari no Ryuou, Zero's Fighter Drill, Showa's Orb of Courage, and Musician's Orb of Power.
- Vibro Weapon: As Musician, Daichi can channel sonic vibrations through his fists to amplify the power of their strikes, especially to vulnerable machinery.