Fan Fic: Just Like Last Tuesday Except With Zombies
Just Like Last Tuesday, Except with Zombies
is a Glee
fanfiction by angel-dawes, picking up very shortly after S1E12 Mattress
The day starts out normally, but it soon becomes obvious that the dead have risen and Lima is completely overrun. The Glee Club, along with Sue, Jacob, and Emma, hole up in the school and prepare to face them, all the while dealing with other trials leftover such as teen romance, revenge, and pregnancy.
The story manages to keep a dark sense of humor throughout, but is can be very dark when it needs to and and isn't afraid to punch you in the gut
- Achilles' Heel: Zombies are weak to bright light.
- Action Survivor: The whole cast
- Adorkable: Artie and Tina.
- Amazon Brigade: Sue has been subliminally training the Cheerios to be one of these. She also used to be part of one.
- Anyone Can Die
- Apocalyptic Log: Will finds one in the middle school.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Brittany got bored waiting for Sue to come back from checking on Jean, so she decided to go play in the pretty flowers. It didn’t end well for her.
- Ascended Extras: Mike and Matt even lampshade it.
- Babies Ever After: it is implied that Puck and Rachel started their own family after the events of the story. Plus Quinn and Puck manage to raise their daughter.
- Badass Teacher: Sue, who eventually walks from Lima to Canada, leaving “a swath of destruction across the U.S. unlike anything ever known to man”.
- Battle Couple: Puck and Rachel.
- Big Damn Heroes: After zombies surround Puck and Rachel around her house, they seem done for until the school bus containing everybody else plows through and opens fire.
- Body-Count Competition: Between Rachel and Puck. And eventually Kurt.
- Bro Yay: Between Finn and Puck.
- Chekhov's Gun: Brittany’s cut that she keeps scratching.
- Coming-of-Age Story: In a lot of ways, the fic is one for Puck as he goes from immature Jerk Ass to the hero the group is depending on. The story gives similar arcs to Rachel, Quinn, Santana, and Kurt.
- Finn and Puck have stashes of water and baseball bats in their houses for when this happens. Sue has pistols, shotguns, and uzis hidden at the school.
- Kurt is prepared in a more...Kurt-like way. He plans his wardrobe a week in advance, and convinced his father to set up a college fund when he was eight. At 13 he decided to avoid people named Jeff after watching Jurassic Park and Independence Day.
- Does Not Like Guns: Mercedes.
- Enemy Mine: Sue and Will manage to put their differences aside to protect the kids.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Cillian Murphy is all hot and everything, which Puck is completely and without embarrassment willing to admit.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Emma considers dying from Zombies to be the worse kind of death due to her mysophobia. She begs Will that if that ever appears likely to happen to kill her immediately.
- Geeky Turn-On: Puck ‘’really’’ likes how good Rachel is at zombie killing.
- Genre Savvy: Puck and Finn have been preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse since they were ‘’eight’’. Eventually, it turns out all of the kids have been watching zombie movies and know how to handle the situation.
- Heroic BSOD: Quinn after Finn’s death.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Matt, Artie, and Tina.
- Hidden Depths: Santana watches Being Human and is a fan of Russell Tovey
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Rachel has been practising to be a crack shot in order to seem more “all American” to some of her dad’s relatives.
- It's All My Fault: Quinn initially believes the zombies are God’s way of punishing her for getting pregnant out of wedlock. Sue blames herself for Brittany getting infected. Kurt blames himself for Finn's death.
- Invincible Hero: Let's be honest, there was no way Quinn was going to die
- Jossed: The title of chapter 12.
- Jerk Ass: Sue, obviously, but most people are surprised that it carries through the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Kill the Cutie: Brittany, Artie, and Tina.
- The Load: Jacob. It really says something when a boy in a wheelchair is more competent at surviving the apocalypse than you.
- Mama Bear: Sue taught all the Cheerios close-combat self-defense to stop boys from taking advantage of them.
- Papa Wolf: Finn’s entire reason for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse is to protect his unborn child.
- Parental Abandonment: Puck's mother and sister leave him behind.
- Pregnant Badass: Although she isn't as Badass as most of the others, Quinn manages to hold her own against the Zombies.
- Rousing Speech: Puck gives one to Santana after Britany’s death.
- Self-Made Orphan: Kurt.
- Shoot the Dog: Most characters have to pull this.
- Artie and Will had to kill Terri.
- Finn had to kill Quinn’s parents.
- Kurt had to kill his own Dad.
- Sue had to kill her sister Jean.
- Santana kills Brittany right after she turns.
- Shout-Out: Multiple to Battlestar Galactica and most zombie movies. Most of the geeky references come from Artie and Tina.
- There is a character named Ballard in reference to Dollhouse.
- When looting with Rachel and Schue, Puck suggests they get TV on DVD suggesting Family Guy and 'hot chick action show' Dollhouse. He later mentions that Dollhouse was somewhat zombie-ish.
- Puck attempts to reference The Empire Strikes Back by responding to Rachel "I know". She takes this to mean he loves her. Later, Puck regrets making the reference when he thinks he is about to die.
- Lots of 28 Days Later references.
- Stepford Smiler: Rachel is constantly smiling, even though everybody knows she has little to smile about these days.
- The Stoic: Mike and Matt.
- Take Up My Sword: The real Sue Sylvester was actually the commander of our Sue in an all-female military unit.
- This Is Reality: The group agrees that discussing the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of the military in zombie movies is not the best idea, and they need to stay positive. Then Rachel points out to Puck that zombie movies never end well.
- Those Two Guys: Subverted and lampshaded with Matt and Mike.
- Took a Level in Badass: Rachel is probably the best killer in the group.
- The Virus: Artie’s Argument for what’s causing the zombies.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: The kids are quite proud of killing the zombies, and through the fic care less and less about the fact that they were people once.
- Zombie Apocalypse
- Zombie Fic
- Zombie Gait: Averted, the zombies can run here.
- Zombie Infectee: Brittany.