'''''How Akuma Kicked Christmas' Ass''''' is a fan fic originally written by Gavin "Gavok" Jasper (who wrote it under the psuedonym "[[JustForPun Vokter]] [[Creator/DrSeuss Seuss]]"). It is a retelling of ''Literature/HowTheGrinchStoleChristmas'', except with characters from Capcom fighting games as the Whos, and BloodKnight Akuma in the role of the Grinch.
Despite being originally written as a "goof" [[http://4thletter.net/2012/12/the-ghost-of-christmas-past-comes-back-to-bite-me/ according to Jasper]], the story has taken a life of its own in the fighting game community. It has been reposted quite a few times on the Shoryuken.com forums during Christmas time, and has been adapted into [[http://lorangecat.livejournal.com/2010/11/19/ animated gif]] form. For Christmas 2012, Maximilian of ''WebVideo/AssistMe'' fame did a [[http://youtu.be/_gU4T5_sVdE a reading of the story]] and posted it under the title '''How Akuma Stole Christmas'''.
! ''How Akuma Kicked Christmas' Ass'' includes examples of:
* BloodKnight: This is why Akuma wants to stop Christmas from coming. The focus on celebrating Christmas means the Capcom characters aren't training and becoming stronger, which Akuma is annoyed by.
* ChildrenAreInnocent: Not that Akuma cares, as he simply knocks out [[VideoGame/MegaMan Roll]] when she catches him Shoryuken-ing the tree.
* HeelFaceTurn: Not unlike the character he's standing in for, Akuma has one towards the end of the story as well. [[spoiler:He pretty much had to, after Shadaloo tried to use the presents he stole to make M. Bison stronger.]]
* NonHumanSidekick: Iggy from Manga/JojosBizarreAdventure plays the role of Max the Dog
* ShoutOut: To just about all of Capcom's fighting game history from 1991 to about 2002-03. There's also one to ''MortalKombat'', Jasper's favorite fighting game series.
** The song the Capcom characters sing despite Akuma stealing all their Christmas stuff? [[VideoGame/MarvelVsCapcom2 "I'm going to take you for a ride!"]] Maximilian's reading even includes the audio of the song.