Fan Fic: He Had No Fingers
fan-fiction written by Gleam.
Repainting the tale of the Tailed Beasts
in the vein of a Cosmic Horror Story
. Naruto, as a Jinchuriki
, is treated as Konoha's "ace in the hole"
in the outcome of an inevitable ninja war. This works in theory until Kyuubi
starts to take over Naruto's mind and then body. Things just keep going getting worse and worse
Can be read here
, preferably in broad daylight... though that doesn't help in the least
Has a dormant sequel
and an equally terrifying companion piece
He Had No Fingers provides examples of:
- Abandoned Playground: Naruto lives in the newly christened Torture and Interrogation Department.
- The Adjectival Man: Niki-Jiki, the Sunflower Man.
- Alien Geometries: Naruto/Niki-Jiki's hideout.
- Konoha is implied to be completely and utterly screwed with simply because of Dantalion existing.
- And I Must Scream: This happens to everyone.
- Badass Normal: The Hokage. This doesn't keep him from getting assimilated, though.
- And Cardinal, being the only apparent survivor.
- Belly Mouth: Naruto has this. Kakashi learns much, much too late.
- The Blank: Niki-Jiki has a sunflower collar and a completely smooth, featureless face.
- Body and Host: Naruto and Kyuubi. Later degenerates into an Empty Shell.
- Body Horror:
- Corpse Land: Made out of plants with hundreds of thousands of corpses underneath them. In chapter eight, Naruto is able to reach into foliage and remove a mummified head, perfectly preserved.
- The Corruption
- Creepy Child: Naruto, and how!
- When the physical manifestation of a demon able to kill people by existing is taken aback by you, you're doing something horribly right.
- Darker and Edgier: Oh, a Jinchuriki-cast-as-eldritch-abomination story? Nothing new, let's see the first chapter- OHMYGOD.
- Demonic Dummy: Niki-Jiki.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Jiraiya is in for a rude awakening.
- Ghost City: Happens to Konohagakure.
- Harbinger of Impending Doom: Naruto.
- Humanoid Abomination: And let's leave it at that.
- It Can Think: Played with in a witty and chilling manner.
There is no greater strangeness than in the heart of your own child.