fanfic by squirrelking
starring Joe Chief, who is Master Chief's brother (and who is not a robot and can't fly, unlike Master Chief
). In the original fic
, Joe Chief is on a ship one day when he gets attacked by aliens. While he fights them off, more come, along with a flood of water, and he is forced to retreat to the Halo in order to continue the fight against the aliens. It continues in Halo: Halos In Space 2: Aliens attack
, in which Joe Chief fights the aliens on Halo and tries to reach the alien leader. The fic is currently incomplete.It has several machinima versions, including two by That Bloody Pirate 111:
The series is associated with the following tropes:
- Armor Is Useless: Zig-zagged; the helmet human guy's helmet protects him from a needle but he's killed when he gets hit in the heart. Joe Chief's armor may have protected him from the spines, but it's hard to say.
- BFG: Joe Chief's gun in Aliens Attack, which is like a pirate cannon, but smaller and with larger bullets.
- Big Bad: The "boss alien"
- Big "NO!":"NOOOOO HE WAS MY BROTHER!"
- Cliffhanger: The second installment ends with Joe Chief trying to enter the alien ship through the closing doors.
- Dead Fic: It has been two and a half years since the second installment was released. Then again, it took almost three for the third installation of the Full Life Consequences series to come out.
- Decapitated Army: One of the humans suggests that if the "boss alien" is killed, the rest will go back to "Alien Town"
- Deflector Shields: Joe Chief uses them to survive a missile attack by an alien ship.
- Do a Barrel Roll: Joe Chief does this with his ship, but unlike most cases, this enables him to avoid, rather than deflect, the lasers.
- The Dragon: The "spines alien."
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Nearly every ally Joe Chief comes across gets killed quite randomly, from getting sucked into space to having a ship fall on them to being shot and killed by a needle gun.
- Elite Mook: The aliens with large heads.
- Explosive Decompression: One of the army guys gets sucked out of the ship and explodes in space.
- Full-Name Basis: Joe Chief is always referred to as "Joe Chief."
- Lampshade Hanging: On weapon spawn points.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Joe Chief jumps at the spines alien and lands on its spines, injuring him and causing them to break off. Both respond with "Ow."
- Mr. Exposition: The human with the helmet helmut spends the vast majority of his time explaining where the boss alien is and why Joe Chief has to kill it.
- No Punctuation Period: Entire paragraphs are often put into one sentence.
- What Cliffhanger: Joe Chief finds something that seems to guarantee victory at the end of the first part, but it turns out to just be a weapon.
- Your Head A Splode: Joe chief uses his weapon to blow up the aliens' heads, and later kills the spines alien this way.