Fan Fic: Halo: Halos in Space
fanfic by squirrelking
starring Joe Chief, who is Master Chief's brother (and who is not a robot and can't fly, unlike Master Chief
). In the original fic
, Joe Chief is on a ship one day when he gets attacked by aliens. While he fights them off, more come, along with a flood of water, and he is forced to retreat to the Halo in order to continue the fight against the aliens. It continues in Halo: Halos In Space 2: Aliens attack
, in which Joe Chief fights the aliens on Halo and tries to reach the alien leader. The fic is currently incomplete.Video by Djy1991 and Icton Entertainment:
The series is associated with the following tropes:
- Armor Is Useless: Zig-zagged; the helmet human guy's helmet protects him from a needle but he's killed when he gets hit in the heart. Joe Chief's armor may have protected him from the spines, but it's hard to say.
- BFG: Joe Chief's gun in Aliens Attack, which is like a pirate cannon, but smaller and with larger bullets.
- Big Bad: The "boss alien"
- Big "NO!":"NOOOOO HE WAS MY BROTHER!"
- Cliffhanger: The second installment ends with Joe Chief trying to enter the alien ship through the closing doors.
- Dead Fic: It has been two and a half years since the second installment was released. Then again, it took almost three for the third installation of the Full Life Consequences series to come out.
- Decapitated Army: One of the humans suggests that if the "boss alien" is killed, the rest will go back to "Alien Town"
- Deflector Shields: Joe Chief uses them to survive a missile attack by an alien ship.
- Do a Barrel Roll: Joe Chief does this with his ship, but unlike most cases, this enables him to avoid, rather than deflect, the lasers.
- The Dragon: The "spines alien."
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Nearly every ally Joe Chief comes across gets killed quite randomly, from getting sucked into space to having a ship fall on them to being shot and killed by a needle gun.
- Elite Mook: The aliens with large heads.
- Explosive Decompression: One of the army guys gets sucked out of the ship and explodes in space.
- Full-Name Basis: Joe Chief is always referred to as "Joe Chief."
- Lampshade Hanging: On weapon spawn points.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Joe Chief jumps at the spines alien and lands on its spines, injuring him and causing them to break off. Both respond with "Ow."
- Mr. Exposition: The human with the
helmet helmut spends the vast majority of his time explaining where the boss alien is and why Joe Chief has to kill it.
- No Punctuation Period: Entire paragraphs are often put into one sentence.
- What Cliffhanger: Joe Chief finds something that seems to guarantee victory at the end of the first part, but it turns out to just be a weapon.
- Your Head A Splode: Joe chief uses his weapon to blow up the aliens' heads, and later kills the spines alien this way.