Fan Fic / Gurrenjesus
is a short but epic fanfiction in which Kung-Fu Jesus
teams up with Kamina
to fight an army of Nazis and Adolf Hitler with the power of Christ and friendship! And motorcycles.
- Adolf Hitlarious: The battles with the Nazis and Hitler are written rather humorously.
- And That's Terrible:
"It's not good to trick Jesus, evil Hitler!"
- Autobots, Rock Out!: "Highway Star" by Deep Purple is played, by angels with skill-shaped electric guitars.
- Back from the Dead: Kamina, and technically Jesus.
- Badass Biker: Both Kamina and Jesus.
- Beige Prose:
Something in the background exploded and they drove their motorcycles away from it and did a high-five while driving at about a gazillion miles per hour. Jesus is a very good motorcycle driver because it's one of his god powers. Same with Kamina.
- Card-Carrying Villain: The self-described "Evil Nazis."
- Catch-Phrase: "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?" Considering the source material the phrase is an absolute requirement.
- Crack Fic: Did you expect one of these in a Bible fanfiction?
- Crossover: Between The Bible and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
- Devil in Disguise: Chester Cheetah, who is actually Hitler.
- Dramatic Unmask: Hitler rips his own mask off after fooling Jesus and Kamina.
- Easily Forgiven: "I'm Jesus so I still love you even though you're Nazis and I'm killing you," said Jesus. He's a pretty cool guy.
- Finishing Move: The Prayer beam fortified with Spiral Energy.
- Gratuitous Nazis: Even though the fanfic starts out in the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann universe, Nazis exist and just happen to be right in the next room.
- Hitler's Time-Travel Exemption Act: Completely averted.
- Jesus Was Way Cool: Portrayed as this.
- Kung-Fu Jesus: It's a fanfic about Jesus fighting Nazis alongside Kamina. 'Nuff Said.
- Large Ham: Whoever opens their mouth.
- Most Definitely Not a Villain:
They found Chester Cheetah instead, who told them "I am Chester Cheetah and not Hitler."
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: One of Jesus's "Jesus Powers."
- No Kill Like Overkill: Was it really necessary to use all the Spiral Energy in the galaxy, AND the power of prayer to take out Hitler? Yes.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner:
"Hitler, I'm going to kick your ass in the name of the Father, Myself, and the Holy Ghost," said Jesus.
"Me too," said Kamina.
- X Meets Y: Kung-Fu Jesus meets Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann meets Inglourious Basterds.