is a story by Ka Blamoid 4 Life
, about the relationship between KaBlam!
's Henry and June, and the feelings and thoughts they have about each other and being separated. It's sad, touching, and at times pretty funny, all at once - while avoiding tasting like diabetes
. Definitely leaves you with a warm and fuzzy feeling after reading it, especially if you have fond memories of watching KaBlam!
as a kid or are a fan.
Peep it here.
Recently, KaBlamoid 4 Life revisited the story, fleshing it out, adding new scenes and rewriting parts of it. It's a big improvement over the original. Peep it here.
- Big Applesauce: Where June and her dad move to.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: Mr. Foot, the stagehand from the show, appears in a couple chapters.
- Calling the Old Man Out: In the original version only: When her dad reveals that he's just been fired for stealing money, June snaps and chews him out for doing something so foolish and moving them to New York in the first place. This was removed in the re-do, to make him seem less asshole-ish.
- Cross Over: In a mild example of this trope, it's mentioned in the original version that June makes friends with Helga.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Being based on a comedy show, it definitely has its share of funny moments. Three words: "You're welcome, Henster."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: It's one of those fics. But especially the last chapter in the original version, and all of the last two chapters of the revisit. And the tree.
- Deadpan Snarker: June, of course. She's a bit dialed-down from the show (being all depressed about being away and all), but it comes through in places.
- Nightmare Fetishist: June is fascinated by spiders.
- Precision S Strike: The story features very little swearing, and what little there is is very tame. Which makes it all the more surprising when June tells her dad "You're on (her) Shit List" for moving them away.
- Puppy Love: In the show, Henry and June's relationship is mostly hinted at. This story is a progression of that, having them become closer than ever... and then June has to leave. Henry tells his mom that he "might" love June, and it's mentioned that June's crushed on Henry since preschool. And when June comes back, not only do they kiss, but Henry also asks June if she'll marry him when the time comes... and she agrees. Though Henry does mention that it's a ways off, and that they're probably too young to be having this conversation.
- Shout-Out: Several, especially Ghostbusters.
- Tear Jerker