Fan Fic: Future Generations
is a Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic
written by JC303
, set in the future,
where old legends like Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman and the like have passed away, leaving only a few from the past to oversee this bright future.
The story centers around an ewe named Jillian Condit, along with her band of friends
, and the adventures they share. Unfortunately, Neo Metal Sonic
, resurfacing after years of being thought destroyed, boldly announces to the world that he will conquer it, already having taken over Westopolis and Green Hill Zone
. With not that many options, it falls to Jill and her friends to stop Metal, along with some other figures from Jill's past...
Can be found on Fanfiction.Net here.
Character tropes found in this work:
- Action Girl: She may not look like it, but Jill knows her moves. Others include Natal, Queen and Callous.
- Bad Ass: The story contains a large amount of them.
- Badass Adorable: Jack, Ani and Striker can be this when it comes to it, though Tails Doll defines this trope by far.
- Badass Bookworm: Calculate the Monkey, while seemingly a bookish type, knows his moves, especially after his cybernetic upgrades.
- Badass Grandpa: Tails, while not in his prime, is still capable of dealing with the much younger Calculate.
- Badass Normal: Lock the Sniper, a bounty hunter using nothing but an array of guns, is still capable of fighting toe-to-toe with people with superior abilities, such as Callous.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Jill may be one of the nicest characters in the story; however, get her angry, and you will regret it.
- Tails Doll doesn't seem threatening in the least, does he? When Metal Sonic himself admits that Tails Doll is one of Eggman's most dangerous creations, he is not exaggerating.
- Big Bad: Metal Sonic was this in the beginning, but the appearances of Callous and Deity have pushed him from that title.
- Character Development: Many characters go through changes in their personality, but the most prominent is Metal Sonic, who goes from a heartless killing machine who wants to Take Over the World, into a Anti-Hero of sorts, who contemplates whether or not the path he was programmed for is the right one for him to take.
- Determinator: Johnny is this to a T, bordering on Implacable Man.
- Eviler than Thou: Metal Sonic's main argument for training Jill is to impose this against Deity and Callous. Or is it?
- Evil Twin: Callous is this to Jill, though not biologically...
- Evil Uncle: Played with: Johnny is actually Jack's uncle, though being killed, preserved and resurrected fifteen years later, he's technically just as old.
- Five-Man Band: More like Seven Man Band:
- The Hero: King, a tiger with an electric personality.
- The Lancer: Queen, a serious bear with incredible speed, strength and hearing.
- The Big Guy: Two of them: Ripper, a mantis with four bladed arms and some mental issues, and Hunter, a wolf with telepathic abilities and a case of lycanthropy. Also, he's Ani's father.
- The Smart Guy: Sage, a raven psychic who excels in psychokinesis and telepathy.
- The Chick: Miser, a rhino who is "blessed" with immortality, though she wants out of it.
- Sixth Ranger: Wiper, a cobra with acute knowledge of pressure points. Also has venomous fangs, along with a shotgun.
- Ghost in the Machine: The spirit of Shadow decides to possess a Shadow Android, fittingly enough.
- Keet: Jack the Lion, in spite of his age.
- Musical Assassin: The microphone on Jack's harmonica could qualify him for this, but given the kind of person Jack is...
- Our Vampires Are Different: Deity, Deity, Deity. To wit: he feeds on both Chaos Energy and life energy, not blood. The Chaos Energy he consumes is also converted into Corruption. Finally, the ones he drains life energy from are suspectible to Mind Control.
- Power Trio: Team Alpha, consisting of Wiper the Cobra, Newt the Salamander, and Natal the Bullfrog, are this in spades.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Buddy, Striker's Chao, counts as this, along with Tails Doll.
- The Stoic: Quite a few: Metal Sonic, Wiper, Queen, Hunter, Lock, just to name a few.
General tropes found in this work:
- Back from the Dead: Johnny Leoniel, thanks to a secret operation by a GUN Colonel...
- Battle Amongst the Flames: Part of Metal Sonic's Training from Hell with Jill.
- Chrome Champion: Neo Metal Sonic, as in Sonic Heroes, can use his powers for a couple of purposes. Unlike Sonic Heroes, however, Metal takes full advantage of it this time around.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Jill hasn't exactly had the brightest past; because her mother gave her the gift of Purity, she was haunted by a vampire called Deity Novagod, whose actions got her exiled from her village, and tormented her for months, until she sealed him within a black gem... and then Callous sealed her memories about the incident, just for the hell of it.
- The GUN Agents weren't better off, either; fifteen years ago, they were put on a hellish course, with 18 other children, fighting for survival. Towards the end, only ten were still alive... but Johnny, ordered to leave only one child apart from him alive, led to two of them being killed in the most brutal ways possible.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Well... rarely. There's few characters who can use Corruption who aren't evil to the core; most notably Proxy.
- Dual Wielding: Using his nanite-technology, Metal can turn both his arms into blades to engage in this.
- Go Out with a Smile: Shadow, and in the flashback, Desperado.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the GUN Agents' flashback, both Bliss the Sheep and Desperado the Turtle put their lives on the line, so Johnny can be killed.
- Mega Manning: By tapping into the data of any lifeform he's scanned, Metal Sonic can do this.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Johnny absolutely devestates the GUN agents during the flashback.
- Single-Stroke Battle: What finishes the battle between Shadow and Metal Sonic. Shadow loses.
- Super Mode: Being based in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe, there should be no surprise that people can attain these.
- Training from Hell: What Metal Sonic claims that he will put Jill through. It's not that hellish, really.
- Tranquil Fury: Jill goes through this during her first battle with Metal Sonic, which helps her unleash her Super Mode.