"You are a plague on this world, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here because of only one man. A man I love. A man who's life you will endevor to destroy. I just wanted you to know, before you die, exactly what it was that ended you. It was that thing you call weakness. It was love."
—Ginny WeasleyDead by Voldemort's hand, the power of Harry's blood sacrifice enables the survivors to fight to ultimate victory in the final battle. But Harry is dead and Ginny is distraught. Her grief unlocks great powers in the Room of Requirement, granting her wish to see Harry alive again in an unexpected way. Ginny is sent back in time and finds herself once more 10-years-old and about to meet the 11-year-old Harry Potter for the first time at the entrance to Platform 9¾.From the Flame to the Spark by Nightboy, is a Peggy Sue Fan Fic from the Harry Potter fandom that features Ginny Weasley as the only time-traveler, though other characters are affected by fragments of the future that comes back in Ginny's wake. Features a believable determinator!Ginny, hardened from leading the DA during the year Harry was Undesirable No. 1, who doesn't even attempt to keep events close to the original timeline.Includes a muggleborn OC in a minor role, who ends up with the adult Ginny's magical core as well as some of the magic of the Room of Requirement, loves DC Comics, and comes to all the wrong conclusions about what having powers means he is. From the Flame to the Spark is not actually a crossover with Teen Titans.Compare Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past.Warning: Has not been updated since 2013.
From the Flame to the Spark provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Ginny. 'Nuff said.
- Clothing Damage: Happens in Ch4 when Ginny encounters what was left in Regulus' room. Lampshaded by Ginny herself.
- Later happens to Narcissa when she catches them breaking in.
- Darker and Edgier: Considerably less than most in this category, but still qualifies.
- Determinator: Ginny will not hesitate and will not hold back.
- Face Palm: Ginny's reaction to her own extraordinarily bad timing in ch 7.
- Mental Time Travel: Ginny went back from her post-Deathly Hallows self to her pre-Philosopher's Stone's self.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Ginny's opinion on her physical age vs. mental age and why she isn't hesitant about getting close to Harry.
- No Periods, Period: Averted; Ginny gets her first period at a really inconvenient time.
- Original Character: Riley Raye.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Voldemort, of all people, pulls one in ch 8.Snape: You never could understand how love is so much more dangerous than fear. Dumbledore was right. Blind. Fool.Voldemort: Love this! AVADA KEDAVRA!!!
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Ginny is determined to prevent Harry's deah, this time around.
- The Stations of the Canon: Averted. Ginny's actions changed things too much to allow it.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Sirius is a fan of this.Sirius: Great, more research. This was more fun when we were blowing stuff up.
- Too Many Belts: Dumbledore briefly appears in ch 8 in an outfit that is described this way, which may or may not be Power Armor.
- Unscrupulous Hero: Ginny. Sure, she has good intentions, but she's damn brutal about fulfilling them.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Riley Raye in spades. He think he's in a superhero story, and so reacts to everything that happens to him accordingly. He's wrong.