Fanfic: Friendship Is Tragic
A rather sad story about a what-if situation for the Mane Cast, seen from Twilight's point-of-view. If Twilight went on yet another adventure, what if things went wrong? What if Equestra wasn't the nice place it was anymore?
This fanfic provides examples of
- Alternate Universe
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Broken Angel: This story features two Pegasi. Only one has wings after Twilight wakes up.
- Broken Bird: Pinkie Pie after learning the truth about her friends. Also Twilight by the end.
- Cerebus Syndrome: If not for the title, very little suggests anything but the usual adventure.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Fluttershy's past collar experiences.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: That huge mare knows she's going to win and ponies still provoke her.
- Cute Mute: Fluttershy.
- Dark Fic
- Dark and Troubled Past: ...Angerjack.
- Dead All Along: By the time of Twilight waking up from her coma, Celestia and Spike died in the same situation that caused it. Big Macintosh has been murdered for a bit as well.
- Despair Event Horizon: See below.
- Driven to Suicide: Twilight Sparkle in the end.
- Fan Disservice: Part of the tragedy is seeing how not Fi M they are.
- Fearless Fool: Almost any Curb-Stomp Battle tends to involve this trope. RD easily tops the list of them. In fact, her fearlessness is why she's wingless.
- Fragile Speedster: Rainbow.
- Go Out with a Smile: Pinkie, Twilight
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Guess.
- Ice Queen: Rarity
- Made a Slave: Fluttershy is forcibly enslaved. After having her freedom bought by Rarity, she basically ended up an indentured servant to her savior. If the slavers liking her was any indication, she almost became a Sex Slave and was logically thankful and unwilling to leave.
- Moral Dissonance: Blatant with some.
- Slave Collar: How she went mute. She has the scars from it on her neck.
- Values Dissonance: Saying how much you care about someone's feelings while essentially psychologically torturing them?
- Willing Suspension of Disbelief
- Would Hit a Girl: She is one, but her physique is on par with a well-built stallion. Applejack.