There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
Fan Fic: Fate Revenant Sword
is a Fate/Stay Night
fanfic by James D. Fawkes, a writer on Fanfiction.net.
This is a Time Travel
story, where Shirou unwittingly makes a wish on the Holy Grail
at the end of the anime, just after Saber vanishes into the dawn
. He is suddenly hurled back in time
by a not-quite-destroyed
Holy Grail, to the beginning of the Fifth Holy Grail War
Now, he has to try his hardest to change the outcome of the War
, and save everyone from Gilgamesh, the King of Heroes and Kirei Kotomine
"Fate/Revenant Sword" provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Rin, who does her canon role, and Saber, who is a female version of King Arthur.
- Artifact of Doom: The Holy Grail.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Shirou, after making a pact with the Fae, became Apeiron Lepida Leitoyrgei, King of the Forsaken.
- Badass: Nearly everyone, but especially Shirou, who is much stronger than he was at the end of the anime (and, by extension, Fate, which is the route the anime mainly adapts).
- Be Careful What You Wish For: The premise of the story itself.
- Big Fancy House: Shirou's, naturally, and the Tohsaka and Matou mansions, too.
- Bittersweet Ending: The beginning of the story itself, and then the fact that you know it's going to end the same way. Or at least the Normal End and Epilogue and the True Epilogue of the Good End end this way. The Good Epilogue of the Good End means what it says.
- Blood Magic: Riderís method of summoning her Phantasmal Beast.
- By the Power of Grayskull!/Calling Your Attacks: The Noble Phantasms used by Servants require their names to be shouted.
- Chekhov's Gun
- Caliburn, which Shirou manages to make into a real weapon, rather than just an imitation.
- The books that Rin gives to Shirou at the end of chapter three are important later on.
- Crazy-Prepared: Shirou's pact with the Fae is made to help fight Gilgamesh ON HIS LEVEL.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique
- Noble Phantasms that have to be called out to be used reveal their wielder's identity, and therefore, their strengths and weaknesses.
- Excalibur, which takes too much mana to be used more than once.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Caliburn, and later on, Escalvatine.
- Field of Blades: Shirou and Archer's Unlimited Blade Works.
- Foreshadowing: The books Shirou gets from Rin involve making contracts with Ghost Liners, Servants, Divine Spirits, and [[Deus ex MachinaElementals.]]
- Infinity+1 Sword: Gilgamesh's Ea and Shirou's Escalvatine. Both of those weapons are EX ranked Anti-World Noble Phantasms.
- Jerkass: Shinji, as usual.
- Magic Contract Romance: Shirou and Saber, naturally.
- Magic Wand: The Azoth Dagger.
- Mental World: Unlimited Blade Works.
- Morning Wood: Shirou on the morning of the third day, when he wakes up spooned against Saber.
- Multiple Endings
- Normal End: Saber and Shirou defeat Gilgamesh and Kotomine respectively and destroy the Holy Grail, but Saber disappears, leaving Shirou to live his life without her.
- Normal Epilogue: The Grail system is dismantled, and Ilya dies a year after the War's end. Eventually, after Shirou's death, he and Saber reunite in Avalon.
- If his recent The Familiar of Zero Crossover fic Miracle of Zero: Kingdom of the Forsaken is concerned as it takes place during this route, sometime before the familiar summoning, Rin Tousaka gets raped by the Association and later gets killed right in front of Shirou. Needless to say his reaction is extremely over the top and it also added into his list of greatest failures. How can he be a hero of justice if he cannot save someone close to him?
- Good End: Shirou and Saber defeat Gilgamesh and Kotomine respectively, and Saber destroys the Grail and ends up wishing to remain with Shirou.
- Good Epilogue: Ilya is still alive (although she physically remains as a young girl), and Shirou, Saber, Rin, Sakura, Ilya, and Taiga are all living as a family.
- True Epilogue: Ilya dies three years after the War ends. The Grail system has been dismantled, but there are people who still want to begin more Grail Wars, and a number of magi, whether from the Association or not, want to either capture or kill Shirou and Saber. Things may not be easy for the pair, but at least they have each other.
- Not Quite Dead: The Holy Grail, in the beginning of the story and in the Good End.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Shirou and Saber, especially in the Normal End.
- The Power of the Sun: Escalvatine has a fragment of the sun inside it, however that actually works.
- Took a Level in Badass: Shirou, who gets good enough to beat Gilgamesh in a one-on-one swordfight.
- Wave Motion Sword: Three of them, as a matter of fact:
- Excalibur, Saber's sword.
- Ea, Gilgamesh's ultimate Noble Phantasm.
- Escalvatine, which Shirou gets later on.