Fan Fic / Eye Of The Fox
A Fan Fiction
work found on fanfiction.net by Shade Penn is an AU and Crossover with Naruto and Transformers Unicron Trilogy with Rad White as the central character.
This fic follows the cartoon series loosely and is currently on chapter 27.
It mixes in the G1 continuity with some characters and humans appearing later on. It also has, by counting on one hand, a total of four OCís who, three out of four, play a big part in Radís life. The Naruto dose comes in the fact that Rad is Naruto in this fic; leading the way for jutsu and chakra to be known in the Ďreal world.í
This show provides examples of:
- An Ice Person: Naruto/Rad when Kyuubi teaches him to combine his water and wind elemental chakras.
- Almost Kiss: Subverted. Billy really does kiss Rad/Naruto in Chapter 16. For a few seconds before Kira pulls the overprotective card.
- And I Must Scream: Though glossed over a bit, you donít really read too much into the fact the Kira had been in a coma until you realize he said he was conscious through it. Couples into fridge territory when you also realize that he couldnít do anything and spent four years essentially trapped in a hospital bed. He does state he didnít go insane because he already had lost it a long time ago, and hearing his brotherís voice kept him clinging to that last shred of sanity he had.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Subverted. Kira doesnít think Naruto/Rad is annoying; itís his brotherís friends he doesnít like.
- Asian Speekee Engrish: Subverted with Machiko and Naruto/Rad as they both have no hint of an Asian accent. Though Kira is shown to slip back into Japanese, he has a lightly accented Japanese accent and keeps his speech as clear as possible.
- Badass Teacher: Anko-sensei in Kiraís journal entry.
- Balance of Power: Naruto/Rad reveals early on in the story that Kira has managed to harmonize his human and demonic chakras. This is also the reason he was in his coma in the first place; his demon chakra was almost gone.
- Berserk Button: In a flashback, Kushina also got angry when Chibi!Kira asked her if all women were scary, straight to her face after she got done beating up Minato for thinking she was fat. It was subverted though as she merely picked Kira up and advised him to never say that to a woman unless he wanted to get beaten up.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Naruto/Rad when he nearly crushes Megatron with one of his earth jutsus.
- Big Brother Attraction: Averted. While Naruto/Rad clearly worships Kira, he doesnít love him in that way; even though they arenít really related.
- Big Brother Instinct: Kira to Naruto/Rad. You mess with his little brother, and he will send you to the ICU. Perhaps Kira to the Minicons as well.
- Big Brother Worship: Naruto/Rad to Kira. Naruto/Rad loves his big brother more than anyone else; the guy did raise him from infancy until he was seven.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Males variants in Naruto/Rad, Kira, and Kyuubi.
- Blow You Away: Both of Naruto/Radís and Kiraís third elemental chakra is wind.
- Bilingual Backfire: Naruto/Rad insults Sunstreaker by calling him an idiot in Japanese. And while Sunstreaker doesnít know what he said, he does know what type of tone itís said in and clearly takes offense to it anyway.
- Brainy Brunette: Atticus, Kira and arguably Alexis.
- Break the Cutie: Naruto/Rad, though he doesnít really Ďbreakí until Kira gets put into a coma, and even then heís still optimistic since he knows Kira is going to wake up later on. Arguably Kira, when he was still 'cute'.
- Bullying a Dragon: Kira and Naruto/Rad of course. These two are the epitome of it in this fic. Oneís a half-demon, and the other contains the Demon King Kyuubi. And those Konoha villagers think itís a good idea to actually hunt them down?
- Converse with the Unconscious: Rad/Naruto does this frequently when Kira is in a coma. Billy does this to confess his crush on Rad to the latter after following the former.
- Cuddle Bug: Naruto/Rad is often seen hugging Kira, though woe befall anyone else who tries this.
- Dark is Not Evil: Kira is a jerk, thatís a given; and even though itís implied heís done some pretty bad stuff, he is not considered evil by his brother who justified it by thinking Kira only did those things to protect him.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Kushina and Minato to Naruto/Rad and Kira. Also Kiraís unnamed mother. This could also be a subversion in the fact while Naruto/Rad clearly canít remember them, Kira can; it is hinted though he finds remembering them to be too painful.
- Death Glare: This is pretty much Kiraís default expression. Made even more terrifying by the fact that Kiraís bloodline is this all but confirmed to be this.
- Defrosting Ice QueenKing/Sugar and Ice Personality: Kira. He admits in a journal entry that he doesnít like people, doesnít get along with them, and loves inflicting mental torture on them. But heís the best person in the world if your name is Naruto/or Rad. Though he has begun to Ďmeltí when the Minicons get involved.
- Dishing Out Dirt: One of Naruto/Radís elemental chakras is earth. His most crazy awesome moment using the chakra was when he used an earth jutsu to nearly crush Megatron.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Kira absolutely hates pity or sympathy. He finds them more degrading than an insult.
- Downer Beginning: The story starts by recalling the events that led to Kira being in a coma, but it gets better.
- Dramatic Irony: As of Chapter 21, Skywarp admits to wanting to pursue Kira. The ďbestĒ part? Kira has no idea and finds Skywarp to be rather annoying.
- Embarrassing First Name: Rad finds Kiraís to be this as the meaning of the name is different out of Japan.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: Itís an interesting case with Kira. Kyuubi really doesnít seem to care how Kira acts so long as it doesnít reflect badly on him.
- Evil Redhead: Kyuubiís human form has red hair and heís more of bastard/mentor than straight out evil. Incredibly sadistic? Yes. Evil? Maybe.
- Everyone Is Gay: Mostly. Then again, most of the characters as of now are robot males and there are a significantly low number of females. Heck, the only established hetero couple are Machiko and Atticus.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Naruto/Rad. Not only do human males find him attractive, but so some of the Autobots.
- Fantastic Racism: The people in Konoha hated Kira so much they almost accomplished murdering him.
- Fauxreigner: Subverted. Machiko and Naruto/Rad are both from Japan, but itís too the point where no one even knew they were Japanese, if the fact itís only questioned if Kira is adopted and not Rad/ Naruto.
- First Love: Alexis likes KiraÖa lot.
- First Snow: Kira reveals he has no idea what snow is when he sees it outside his window and flatly replies that it never snowed in Fire Country and that he spent four years in a coma when Naruto/Rad calls him out on this.
- Fridge Logic: No one ever asked Rad/Naruto whether or not he was adopted and it leads to some Unfortunate Implications because he has blonde hair and blue eyes, while Kira being adopted is much more 'acceptable.'
- Also take into account that Alexis heard Rad/Naruto talking another language when they were young, but considering they were seven at the time, she might have just assumed he was making it up.
- Fridge Horror: Kira spent years suffering abuse from the villages and even stated himself that he'd rather they always found him than his brother. It gets even more terrifying when his previous thought had been on how the Konoha vilagers had almost suceeding in murdering him.