"It started with a black butterfly beating its wings."Eternal Flowers
is an ongoing Chobits
fanfic by Webidolchiu94 on Fanfiction.net. It follows a very very weird American girl named Amber Lee-Young
and a Chobit named Garrett. They arrive in Japan under Mysterious Circumstances and try to contact Chii and Hideki.
Amber Lee-Young is the Heiress of a high-end computer company called Gala Inc. Her father was friends with Dr. Mihara and his wife, as well as having a large role in the Chobit program.
In addition, a prophecy that threatens to destroy the world looms over them, and Chii happens to hold a very important role in the whole thing.
This Fanfiction gives examples of:
- Anger Born of Worry : Garrett’s first reaction, if Amber is in danger or does something stupid.
- Asleep for Days: After Amber battles Kupari, she is subject to this due to magical exhaustion.
- Bizarre Alien Senses: Seeing as Persocoms are considered another type of lifeform… the list includes sensing not only wifi and radio waves, but mircowaves and even magic as well.
- Blatant Lies: Our lead character does this often.
- Bland-Name Product: Gala Inc., Picosoft Panes, and Roca-Cola didn’t tip you off?
- Artificial Limbs: Amber.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Obviously between Amber and Garrett.
- Her being semi-Tsundere does not help at all with this either.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Angel But Kupari as well.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Due to Amber having Artificial Limbs, then this becomes a recurring question for herself. Oh, and it counts toward Garrett as well.
- Damaged Soul: Amber and Chii. Freya’s soul is waaay beyond damaged, and Garrett’s has already healed.
- Do Androids Dream?: In a word, yes they do. Question this, and a very angry Minako will be in your face.
- Innocent Innuendo: Chapter Thirteen has a conversation between Minoru and Amber that also doubles as a Shout-Out.
- Insult of Endearment: Garrett often refers to his master as “oujo-sama”.
- I Would Say If I Could Say: A lot of Garrett’s humor comes in this form, after the others realize that he’s a Persocom as well.
- The Nicknamer: Garrett, Amber, and even Minoru.
- Ridiculously Human Robots
- Sorry, Billy, but You Just Don't Have Legs: Thankfully it didn’t stay this way for Amber. Subverted by her emergency surgery.
- Tragic Dream: Averted
- Token Mini-Moe: Word of God has designated that Minoru is this by default.
- Two First Names: Kamijou Miki. Counts as Name Order Confusion as well.
- Tuckerization: Any of the Americans. Pick one, really.
- Unrobotic Reveal: Amber.
- Meaningful Name: There is a reason Minoru’s name means “truth” after all.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Garrett, Chii, Yuzuki, and Meroko for very interesting reasons.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Take two wild guesses.
- Prequel: Apparently Puella Magi Yuuko Magica is its prequel, but it's not quite clear how it is.
- Robotic Reveal: Garrett.
- Weirdness Censor: The reason why Hideki and the others did not notice anything off about Garrett or Amber until the truth came out.